Changes to prize tables

TeddyT
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Changes to prize tables

Postby TeddyT » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:51 pm

From today there will be some changes to the tipping competition with some tables removed or amalgamated. Also, the qualifying criteria for the tables will be revised in that a minimum of 15 tips will be required to qualify for a prize in the comment tables.

The following improvements have been made to the prize structure:

• A US Horseracing table with prizes of £200 will be available later this month

• Handball, Esports and Volleyball comment table prizes double to a total of £100 for each sport

• £300 in free bets now available again for horseracing every month

• Greyhounds, Esports, Volleyball and Handball will now all be offering £50 each in free bet prizes each month

• We have also only recently added greyhounds to the comment competitions with £100 in cash now available in that sport

OLBG will be giving away £4,700 per month in cash prizes and £1,450 in free bet prizes. Please refer to the individual tables for full details.

We are also giving away £2200 in three event competitions later in the year for Cheltenham, Aintree and the World Cup
OLBG Tipster Competition Manager

barrowgirl
Listed Class
Tips

Re: Changes to prize tables

Postby barrowgirl » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:15 pm

Be nice if Ladbrokes were settled upto date .

Baz2014
Handicapper
Tips

Postby Baz2014 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Hi,
I have noticed Horse racing chases, horse racing Hurdles and Asian Handicap tables have been removed but i have also noticed Skybet has been removed from "My Bookies", is there any chance we could have more info as to what has been removed or if you have removed Skybet completely as my Skybet account is still active. I have noticed people still commenting on the Asian Handicap and it feels like it's just me that it has disappeared on and i can't check what bookies was running the tables that have disappeared!

Thanks in advance.

ju29ro
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby ju29ro » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:31 pm

It seems like " 1X2 English League 1&2" and "1X2 Championship" have disappeared too! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Can you confirm that? :lose: :lose: :lose:
It seems strnge from you to erase some English football tables :? :? :?
Italians do it better :) :) :)

Bisto6
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Bisto6 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:30 am

The prize money has averaged well over £7,000 per month in the last 5 months and now dropped a huge ammount.Did the decision to drop three U.K Horse racing comments prizes(Hurdles,Chases,Flat) and replace them with a New US horse racing prize have anything to do with the massive row that has broken out involving ATR,SIS and RMG over media rights

The Shark
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Shark » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:20 am

Just to be clear, you can still tip on everything which you have tipped on before. In fact lots more as we have recently added new sports, leagues and markets.

It is just the structure of the prize allocation which has changed.

If you tip on lower English leagues then there is up to £500 of prize money in the Other football 1x2 competition as well as all the market competitions, as well as football free bets competition. "other" now includes everything bar Premier League for which there is a separate £500 1x2 competition.

We do not currently work with Skybet and we aren't in a position to recommend them. They withdrew sponsorship of the free bets competition. Ladbrokes free bets unfortunately haven't been allocated by them for a couple of months now so we haven't included Ladbrokes free bets in the new prize structure as we can't currently rely on them to pay in a timely manner. We hope that outstanding free bets owed will be paid soon and have been chasing regularly to resolve this issue.

You can still tip on the Asian Handicap markets, we are no longer running an additional competition for Asian Handicap tipping though.

For horse racing there will be £1500 worth of monthly prizes and additional competitions including the £1000 Cheltenham Tipster Competition, the £200 Aintree Tipping Competition and coming soon an additional £200 for US Racing. US Racing has become a popular betting medium in the UK now so we are adding US racing to the tipster competition and introducing a separate prize pool for this. This has nothing to do with media rights.

Bisto6
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Bisto6 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:45 am

Thanks for replying but i have to disagree about us racing being popular.I called in at the three bookies on Bangor high and between all three so far this week less than 20 cash bets had been placed.So to me OlbG is withdrawing and reducing the cash prizes from popular categories to encourage members to place more tips on live events Greyhound racing RPGTV and US horse racing on ATR were both channels are on air 7 days a week.In my opinion the US horse racing Comments could have gone with HORSE RACING to see what the response was like first.As a loyal OLBG member with nearly 10,000 tips posted i do worry if the bookies are becoming more important than the OLBG members. DAVE

tanjiltaj21
Listed Class
Tips

Postby tanjiltaj21 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:15 am

It looks like your free bet section is having a huge change. Where is the free bet competition for Australia, Asian, Italian, Spain and all other regional football competitiont section?

roodeye
Handicapper
Tips

Postby roodeye » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:17 am

Agree with above comment , US raceing hmm Timezones off times same old same old tracks . Son is Manager of Bookies and the Boredome factor kicks in more to do watching the Rouelette Machine apparently British Racing is unique

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:11 pm

A £200 prize fund for US racing seems bizarre. Hardly anyone on here seems to bet on it or discuss it. US form seems unfathomable with the limited resources we have here in the UK and rather than 'Beat The Bookies' this appears to encourage the opposite.

I agree with Roodeye and Bisto6 as to the reasoning why this new strategy appears to have surfaced.

It's disappointing. :no:

Delboy980
Stallion
Tips

Postby Delboy980 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:00 pm

I like this site with all it competitions and I can understand some of the changes , I can not understand losing the Championship or lower leagues for Handball Esports and volleyball , which I know nothing about the games or rules to the game. I have tried the Greyhounds having won a couple of competitions when run by Lankylite and now by Cogsy however dog race tipping is near impossible when you only have a win selection . I owned 5 dogs back in 1972 at Wimbledon and know how hard it is to pick a winner, missing the break getting bumped or crowded at the first bend everything against you, so you bet in forecast bets or combinations. I noticed not many members are writing bets up on this competition at present I am in 17th place with 2 losing bets. I know changes come and go, but to lose 2 football competitions Championship and lower leagues and 2 horse racing competitions hurdles and chase which had the most of this entire site doing every week in these competitions .I mentioned at the start of this letter those new competitions and U S racing, I can only expect 1 or 2 % of members actually finding time to write up about these sports , which be read by very few, and losing a vast amount of write ups on sports that we care a lot more of.

Football DZR
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Football DZR » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Now there is no AH prize, you can allow a tip possible on both ML and AH as it was a rule to stop those competition manipulation
"retirement is dying" Arsene 1st April 2017!!! No Wenger killed the club 10 years ago :D

"Remember never trust an all time loser" :lol: