Comment Quality

kingbump
Handicapper
Tips

Comment Quality

Postby kingbump » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:04 pm

Hello all.

I want to start this post by saying this is NOT me having a rant at the Comment Quality part of our status. In fact I welcome the fact that the changes in August '15 have made me a better gambler as I know have to think through my bets a little more as I write my comments.

What this post is for really is advice. The only thing keeping me from super elite is my comment score. I do try and give the exact reasons why I am going for a team but I still seem to get very few likes. Is this because I tend to back lower league games more? Is the more high profile a game the more likely you will get more likes? Any advice would be great!

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Comment Quality

Postby PompeyJim » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi,

We would advise to add your tips and comment content as early as possible as the longer they are displayed the more greater exposure they receive, also we encourage all site users to give comments a 'Yes' or a 'No' as this helps promote the quality content prominently along with the most profitable tipsters.

Keep adding informative tips and content and they will get noticed and recognised, tipping on less popular leagues shouldn't matter as OLBG followers will research tipsters adding knowledgeable information, advice and obviously those that are profitable to follow.

Again to reiterate we welcome all members to rate comments they come across which they find accordingly informative or less so as this helps immensely.

Keep up the good work/tipping and good luck !
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

kingbump
Handicapper
Tips

Postby kingbump » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:03 pm

Thank you Pompeyjim!

I will take what you said onboard and hopefully I should see some improvement. Have a great weekend.

Football DZR
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Football DZR » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:56 pm

Form experience i would say absolutely what you tip matters

The chances of positive comments (rightly or wrongly) is pretty much directly correlated with a number of factors

the" popularity of the match", of the team, of the league/cup etc.

the popularity of the bet type ie straight money line has a hugely favourable bias

The presentation of the bets/tips listing on OLBG, eg tipping on what is a defined on the site as hot/popular.

And yes the time in advanced tipped very much matter.

I will stress that i discovered this because i wanted myself to asses just what elite status represented, ie just what level of quality, skill and level of value was required to reach the two level.

Anyway i would not worry over it too much, once you have a quality tip record your tip profile is "enhanced" by having green stats record listed, the little fire icon trends, placing you comment higher so automatically visible, all that will add to to more positive comments filtering through slowly.(IF OF COURSE PEOPLE VALUE ACTUAL PROFITABLE TIPPING :D )

(NB - i just refer to football and tennis, no idea about the rest)
"retirement is dying" Arsene 1st April 2017!!! No Wenger killed the club 10 years ago :D

"Remember never trust an all time loser" :lol:

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:18 pm

Obviously we try to cover as much as is possible to give all members a fair chance of receiving a positive rating where we feel they are deserved.

With the number of events it is impossible for us to cover everything which is why we ask members to help each other out where possible.

Get you tips up as early as you can, when you tip on an event, read the other comments, if you find them useful then give that comment a 'Yes' vote, if you do not feel the comment offers anything then give it a 'No'.

We are not asking members to spend hours going through events, all we ask is if you tip on a certain event then have a read through the other comments, even if it is just on what you have tipped! This also gives you an idea of what others are commenting and allows you to stay away from duplicating what has already been said and making your comment stand out.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

kingbump
Handicapper
Tips

Postby kingbump » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:14 am

Thanks for your input all!

Nurikbetter
2yo
Tips

Postby Nurikbetter » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:25 am

Hi kingbump,
I am looking forward to seeing your tips. Thanks man. :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>:

Regards,
Nurik