Ask an OLBG Moderator

Johhny80
Group 3 Class
Tips

Re: Ask an OLBG Moderator

Postby Johhny80 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:36 am

Hey guys, anyone who made tips for the Ireland league this month , don't you have a problem with your matches? In the tips history appear just the tips from June 15.I want to know if I am the only one with this problem.I checked at the other people in the tips history and I didn't found tips from Ireland from June 1, 4, 8 and 9 .Are just the tips from yesterday.And I think the tipsters tables are not correct.

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi Johhny,

We are aware there is an issue with the Irish results and the 'Other Football 1x2' table and have replied to you via your contact form enquiry. We hope to fix this as soon as possible, it probably won't be until Monday at the earliest.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

superfurryaniml
2yo
Tips

Postby superfurryaniml » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been dealt with elsewhere (couldn't see it), but I've noticed some things that have changed following the recent site updates that I think don't improve the UX and was wondering if there are plans to reinstate/fix them at all?

As far as I can tell, the following no longer work:
Not being able to click on tipsters' names for further info on performance
Unable to uptick any other comments than the first person in the list for a market within a match - have you noticed a drop in recommend activity?
Switch to desktop mode not working any more on mobile - every time I try to do it I get returned to the mobile site (once I click through to another page from the landing page, eg olbg.com then becomes the Android-optimised version when clicking on 'Today's Football Tips')

Any info gratefully received!

Thanks!

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi, no worries at all, we want feedback from members regarding matters like this, regarding the first two the tech team are aware of these and it all depends on demand at the moment, if they are deemed important then they may be returned, they will be adding some features back but no guarantee on timeline for this.

Switch to desktop mode not working any more on mobile - every time I try to do it I get returned to the mobile site (once I click through to another page from the landing page, eg olbg.com then becomes the Android-optimised version when clicking on 'Today's Football Tips')

I have just tested on my android phone and you are correct, the site has been designed to be responsive to mobile users and it much better if you use as a mobile site on your mobile however if you wish to use the desktop version then you could always do so via your mobile browser, if you click in the top right (or where ever options) are you should have a tick box with something like 'Desktop Site' which will keep the site as a desktop version.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

superfurryaniml
2yo
Tips

Postby superfurryaniml » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:16 pm

Well the desktop site issue has been sorted anyway, thanks for that - never would have figured it out otherwise!

Regarding the other two, I am surprised that the recommend function has been disabled, since this is one of the metrics required for hitting Elite and Super Elite status. Anything that reduces the likelihood of this will materially affect users. I'm surprised it hasn't been raised elsewhere.

I also think that being able to click through to users' profiles is a very useful one to have working - I often use it to see how they are performing, whether their comment should inform my decision to make a bet and whether or not to start following them.

Hiljaduruza
2yo
Tips

Postby Hiljaduruza » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:49 am

I was told by one of the moderators that the Other Football table would be back to normal by Monday and I just realized it's not. :? Do you guys have a timeframe when it will be fixed? My monthly LSP for this month is mysteriously gone....

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:59 am

I was told by one of the moderators that the Other Football table would be back to normal by Monday and I just realized it's not. :? Do you guys have a timeframe when it will be fixed? My monthly LSP for this month is mysteriously gone....

Hi, what we said was it would not be able to be looked at till today, at the moment we cannot give a timeframe but it will be fixed as soon as possible, hopefully sometime this week.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:39 pm

We have identified the problem with the Irish matches and this is now resolved, you stats and tables should all update in the next hour to the correct numbers, sorry for the inconvenience.

custard357
Handicapper
Tips

Postby custard357 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi, apologies if I'm missing something obvious, and I've searched the forum, but since the site updates I can only see a limited number of horses in each race. I thought at first that maybe only tipped horses were being shown but there are so few today in the Ascot races that I know that can't be the case. Do I need to change my settings? Any advice appreciated

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Thanks for highlighting the problem, we have passed the information on to the tech team who are taking a look at it

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:12 pm

The problem with the tips display is now fixed and all runners should now be listed. Sorry for any inconvenience

custard357
Handicapper
Tips

Postby custard357 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:31 pm

The problem with the tips display is now fixed and all runners should now be listed. Sorry for any inconvenience
Thanks all