Ask an OLBG Moderator

Jim Brown
Stallion
Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Ask an OLBG Moderator

Postby Jim Brown » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:14 pm

There's a number of admin members and Moderators on OLBG. At any given time in the 24-hour day there's usually one or more of us on the site. We're here to help you, as well as to maintain a tidy forum and maintain the standards that OLBG has become known for.

Whether you are a new member, or an existing contributor, if you have a question or query about using the OLBG site, about anything ranging from posting on the forum to making tips, this is a thread you can use to Ask a Moderator.

Some examples of why you would post here:

* You want to post something but aren't sure where to post it.

* You have a query about some content you want to include (e.g., as regards copyright, or links).

* You wish to bring something on the forum to our attention.

and so on... Post your question or query here and one of us will respond. :win:

For issues regarding tipping comp prizes please use the Contact Form

For issues regarding the New and Improved OLBG App please use the Contact Form

Please don't use this thread to say hello or for an intro. Thanks!

OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

SAFCSCOTT95
Unraced
Tips

Postby SAFCSCOTT95 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:26 pm

Hi,

My name is Scott and I'm currently running a study into gambling motivations for my 3rd year project at Northumbria University. I was just wondering whether it would be ok to post a thread with an advert for my study and a link where people could complete the survey online. I obviously won't post anything unless I get confirmation from one of the mods that it is ok. Thanks.

joannemalone1
Stallion
Tips

Postby joannemalone1 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:30 pm

Hi Scott, Please use the contact form and admin will be able to advise you.

http://www.olbg.com/contact.php

yekta36
2yo
Tips

Postby yekta36 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:50 am

you delete all my comments without any warning :(

Micko70
Stallion
Tips

Postby Micko70 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:14 am

Yekta36

If your comments were deleted, it will have been because they were not of the standard required by OLBG

You cannot simply write anything, it must be fact and of benefit to our members

Please use the contact form to contact admin and they will decide whether you are to be given another chance

yekta36
2yo
Tips

Postby yekta36 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:16 am

i wrote to admin. thank you for your interest. but please tell me under which standart i need to make comments. and also i want to ask that can i deserve prizes without make comments?

Micko70
Stallion
Tips

Postby Micko70 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:54 am

If you write that Chelsea would beat Norwich because they are the better team, this would not be allowed, however if you give more information as to why you think they will win then thats better, for example, Chelsea are unveaten at home and have never lost at home to Norwich

These things could be added to your comments

No cash prizes are paid out for non comments, however, there are plenty of free bet competitions to take part in and these do not need comments

OlbgDeleted398706
Handicapper
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted398706 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:16 pm

hi. im new account my name is husnu. i want to ask that what shuld i do to join big events?

Jim Brown
Stallion
Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:51 pm

hi. im new account my name is husnu. i want to ask that what shuld i do to join big events?
Welcome to OLBG :)

Prizes are given to the best tipsters each month. You'll find a link to the Tipster Tables from the drop down menu above, called "MEMBERS".

There's free bet prizes for tips without comments, but the biggest cash prizes are for tips WITH good comments. Please read the information on the following links so as to understand fully what is required to win a good prize:

http://www.olbg.com/tables/

http://www.olbg.com/help.php?cat=3

http://www.olbg.com/help.php?cat=5

You can also click on the you tube blind (the very top right of the page) for a video on how to make a tip.
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

Football DZR
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Football DZR » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:42 am

Thanks jim , i like this thread lots o thing never got around to asking but had wanted to know when using site.

I have never been exactly sure what tip data the stats that are shown along with the tips in the free tips part of the site are.

It doesnt state it anywhere i can see and form observing mine it looks a mixture and is hard to tell as how and when it updates is unknown. Sometimes it look could be a users record, and sometimes specific to a sport, or could even be to specific bet types ?

Could somebody say what each statement refers to, ie user specific, sport specific, bet type specific, and whether MPT and 14 DS are LSP or balance profit loss.

6 Month LSP: (this one seems just to take tip record of the specific sport)
Monthly Profit Trend: ?????
November LSP: ??????
14 Day Streak ????
Any "hot tags" eg "November strike rate of 68% from 68 tips" etc ?????

Football DZR
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Football DZR » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:45 am

after quite a while using the site have no idea what does "O L B G" stand for , and how do you "say" it ??

Micko70
Stallion
Tips

Postby Micko70 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:47 am

OLBG stands for Online Betting Guide, which is what the site used to be called before they shortened it