Ask an OLBG Moderator

PompeyJim
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Ask an OLBG Moderator

Postby PompeyJim » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:59 am

Hi

When are last nights tips on the 180`s markets for darts likely to be settled ?

We are hoping to have these settled today, the new markets have cause 1 or 2 problems but hopefully they will be sorted today.
The outstanding tips have now been processed, apologies for the delay and a big thank you to our Darts tipsters for supporting the new additional markets.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi Mods ,

Looking for a bit of info in the horseracing NAP comp for prize money if your horse is a non runner and you did a NB as well does that NB become your NAP ,

Thanks Malky
No Malky

If your NAP is declared as a non runner early enough, that gets settled as a non runner, thus, freeing up your NAP to use again that day if there are any races left to choose from
I made a NAP selection with comments last night for todays 3-25 at Ayr, Elite Icon. When I logged in this morning I noticed the horse had been declared a non runner. When I got in from work and decided to select another NAP for the 5-35 I only had the option for a NB, my original selection had been declared a non runner a good few hours earlier yet I was not allowed to choose another NAP. It seems to me that if you select a NAP and it doesn't run you also lose your NAP choice for the remainder of the day ?

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:55 pm

Tony, you will need to speak to admin regarding this, as i can guarantee that i have in the past picked a NAP, and been able to pick another later in the day after it was declared a non runner, although it was prior to this new style OLBG, perhaps they have stopped doing that or their is a glitch
OLBG Moderator

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:26 pm

Tony, you will need to speak to admin regarding this, as i can guarantee that i have in the past picked a NAP, and been able to pick another later in the day after it was declared a non runner, although it was prior to this new style OLBG, perhaps they have stopped doing that or their is a glitch
Ok, thanks Mick, I was quite surprised it didn't allow me to NAP the horse, maybe one of admin will see the post

TeddyT
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:40 am

Sorry Mick I think you must be mistaken there. I've worked for OLBG for 11 years and there is no facility that I am aware of that would make that possible. Maybe Antony coulc change something like that so if you had spoke to him directly then that may have been what happened but I have never been aware of that happening.

In any case it would be a logistical nightmare. If your NAP was a non-runner and you contacted us to change it and we didn't amend in time then you would have missed a winner. We don't have the time or the staff to offer such a service so, I'm afraid, if you NAP a non-runner then that is it for the day.
OLBG Tipster Competition Manager

yupyup
2yo
Tips

Postby yupyup » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:45 am

hi,im trying to withdraw some winnings to my paypal but its saying my address has been used,i was a member few years back but only recently joined back up,im trying to send mails but im not receiving replys anybody help me with this??

joannemalone1
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby joannemalone1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:52 am

Hi yupyup, use the contact form and admin will be able to help https://www.olbg.com/contact.php
OLBG Moderator

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:08 pm

Sorry Mick I think you must be mistaken there. I've worked for OLBG for 11 years and there is no facility that I am aware of that would make that possible. Maybe Antony coulc change something like that so if you had spoke to him directly then that may have been what happened but I have never been aware of that happening.

In any case it would be a logistical nightmare. If your NAP was a non-runner and you contacted us to change it and we didn't amend in time then you would have missed a winner. We don't have the time or the staff to offer such a service so, I'm afraid, if you NAP a non-runner then that is it for the day.
Darren, i am 95% certain that its happened to me in the past, if memory serves me right i even spoke to nigel about it, apologies if i am wrong, wasnt meant to mislead anybody
OLBG Moderator

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:30 pm

On many occasions I've had a NAP who's been a non-runner and I've never been able to change it. I've even had it happen on the last day of the Naps competition when in contention but needing to make one more selection to be eligible.

It makes sense to me that the NB should become the NAP in the event of it being a Non-runner. This would at least give some sort of security for those who have to enter a selection the night before due to work next day.

PompeyJim
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:14 am

On many occasions I've had a NAP who's been a non-runner and I've never been able to change it. I've even had it happen on the last day of the Naps competition when in contention but needing to make one more selection to be eligible.

It makes sense to me that the NB should become the NAP in the event of it being a Non-runner. This would at least give some sort of security for those who have to enter a selection the night before due to work next day.
Hi shrews,

Yeah it's not possible to add a new one at the moment tech wise and not everyone uses the 'NB' when adding multiple selections daily , but we will look into whether it's possible for the NAP to be replaced in future.

mrtopbanana
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby mrtopbanana » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Forgive me for using this section, but can i can't find any posts or references to the olbg mares sponsorship for this year. Are you still running these as days out? Always enjoy my trips to kempton and Ascot but can't find any info on here about them? Any help appreciated. Thanks

PompeyJim
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:36 pm

Forgive me for using this section, but can i can't find any posts or references to the olbg mares sponsorship for this year. Are you still running these as days out? Always enjoy my trips to kempton and Ascot but can't find any info on here about them? Any help appreciated. Thanks
Hi,

Thanks for your enquiry, we'll update you with all the details as soon as they have been finalised.