Ask an OLBG Moderator

Dave1962
Classic Winner
Tips

Re: Ask an OLBG Moderator

Postby Dave1962 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:19 am

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the quick response and answer. Will keep my eye out.

Many Thanks

Dave

tipstonga
Stallion
Tips

Postby tipstonga » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:24 am

I want to attract you to a fact that I feel makes unfair the tipping competition.
A few minutes ago I was badly surprised when checking the Tennis Comments Table I found some tipsters with 10 or more(saw 16) bets on matches already played and set.
I have been trying to bet on tennis matches on December since last week up to today and I only found 4 possible bets, two quarter finals and two semifinals (3 of them already played). So today I expected every one in the table to have not more than 3 bets, I let 1 pass for uncertain so I have 2) .
I enter the "make a tip" submenu more than once a day and in different hours, so I did these days and also the previous week in which there has not been other possible bets than the global results of the encounters of the group stage.
I can not imagine other explanation than that bets on individual matches have been open to tipping/comment with very short time windows probably close to the events.
I think that when the time window is short not all the competitors in that spòrt has the same chances and although this deviation is aleatory it should be avoided.
I believe the tipping competition (specially the comments one) is about knowledge and of course luck but not on being consulting the site each 30 minutes to not miss bets or to find bets that others do not.
For example at this moment, the same happened yesterday at this hour, the only available tennis bet is whether Russians or Germans will win their semifinal. I think that no h2h should be included and so should have happened previously for the sake of the game.

Hope this comment helps
good luck :win:
tipstonga

PompeyJim
At Stud
Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:05 am

Hi tipstonga,

We appreciate your feedback and understand your frustration however unfortunately some of these Davis Cup match line ups are not decided in good time for us to receive the event odds in plenty of time for members to add tips. We appreciate you don't want to be checking the site every 30 minutes for matches however we will not limit tipping opportunities if they become available even for a short time span, especially this month when there will be very few tennis events.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

DAVIDADAN
Stallion
Tips

Postby DAVIDADAN » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:28 pm

I,ve tried to get along with the new IOS app settings but will reluctantly not be using it going forward. Thankfully there have been no drastic changes on my laptop. I accept OLBG has to do whats best for the business but i personally dont want to be subjected to compulsary following 25 tipsters, that is an unwelcome distraction. I shall as always continue to promote OLBG and the amazing Community i have followed for over 13 years on Racing Twitter, and partake in the fantastic tipping competitions and post helpful insight when i can. It,s just a really shame i wont be able to access via my iphone when i,m out and at the races and see a paddock eyecatcher. Hopefully this feedback will be viewed as constructive and in no way critical of business objectives. Regards as always Dave.

PompeyJim
At Stud
Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:44 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your feedback, if you are following a number of "individual" tipsters you can select the "instant" notification option to get an alert when they place a tip. Also there is the filter option which you can set to your own preferences on the "Hot Tips" section which does not require at least 25 tipsters for a consensus.

Urrezko
2yo
Tips

Postby Urrezko » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:34 am

Hi everybody. I can't access to my old account so I had to make a new one. But I would like to follow playing with my old nick and profile, as I registered many years ago.
My nickname was EMMASA, maybe some moderetor can help me get back to that.

Thanks and best wishes to everybody. This site is a great tool for any serious bettor

Cheers

Zipster
Stallion
Tips

Postby Zipster » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:44 pm

Hi everybody. I can't access to my old account so I had to make a new one. But I would like to follow playing with my old nick and profile, as I registered many years ago.
My nickname was EMMASA, maybe some moderetor can help me get back to that.

Thanks and best wishes to everybody. This site is a great tool for any serious bettor

Cheers

Hi, please use the contact form (https://www.olbg.com/contact) for this sort of query.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant (Follow Me On Twitter)

Syndicate owner in Pentland Hills, Getaway Trump, Farouk De Cheneau, In The Cove & Boreen Boy.

Eduardinho
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Eduardinho » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:15 pm

Hi, why are some of the football matches (Today & Yesterday) missing from the make a tip section? They were games in the major european leagues.

Zipster
Stallion
Tips

Postby Zipster » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:06 pm

Hi, why are some of the football matches (Today & Yesterday) missing from the make a tip section? They were games in the major european leagues.

Hi, we are aware of an issue with some missing games and hope to have it resolved ASAP.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant (Follow Me On Twitter)

Syndicate owner in Pentland Hills, Getaway Trump, Farouk De Cheneau, In The Cove & Boreen Boy.

darkhour
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby darkhour » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:56 pm

I don't know if this is the appropriate topic to write my thoughts but i'll try anyway.
I already know that this issue has been discussed before but I would like to spend few minutes to give my feedback and t share my ideas:
in my opinion one of the biggest problem in the whole competition are people who try to pick only the highest odds/value possible.
Is not unusual to see on the tables people with a single huge winning bet and 14 filler just to get the prizes.
I know this could be considered a strategy, especially in the competition with higher prizes (EPL, Special competition like WCup, American Football ) but is not in the spirit of the game.
I've done also some risky bets, sometimes because was sure about it and sometimes because...why not?
There are many terrific players here with a terrific knowledge but often are wiped out by a randomic single bet with @80 value. just for example even in the lastest Cricket world cup competition there were many tipster with a strong strike rate (from 75 to 90%) and with a positive LSP of 10 or more but outscored by a single bet at 50 on "man of the match" market. It is pretty easy to see at top of the list people with a gigantic lsp but with a record of 5 wins and 95 losses.
I've already said my 2 cents about it somewhere here in the forum (some market shouldn't be available for special competitions) but one solution could be to use a sistem based on the value of the odds.
i'll try to explain better: with the virtual money a single tipster could place any bets - unlimited - with a value between 1.01 and 4 (decimal)
then 5 bets on bets with a value between 4.01 and 9.99 and 2 over that limit.
it's just an example, I've choose one week as milestone but could be one month or competition or with more bets allowed per limit...
in this way there will be a chance for everyone to pick and win a risky bet but this will be choosen carefully (and not only because is the highest value on that market).
In this way the competitions will become fairer for all users; more people will try to find the way to the top and they will keep trying to reach an affordable number, and this could bring benefits to the whole community here on OLBG with more comments with contents (and not only "team X won only once in the last 1887635344 matches but today against Liverpool at anfield road they will win" )
Sorry if I've abused of your time and i hope I've explained well what I ment.
By the way, as usual, a big thank you for all the staff here at OLBG

dacris69
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby dacris69 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:33 am

Hi. i got a tip in tennis
Peangtarn Plipuech 1st Set Winner 50 WIN @4.60 Win
was set as won but should be red, the opponent won in straight sets

PompeyJim
At Stud
Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:55 am

Hi. i got a tip in tennis
Peangtarn Plipuech 1st Set Winner 50 WIN @4.60 Win
was set as won but should be red, the opponent won in straight sets
Hi dacris,

Thanks very much for letting us know, we have corrected the settlement.