Ask an OLBG Moderator

Marksvalue
2yo
Tips

Re: Ask an OLBG Moderator

Postby Marksvalue » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:14 am

Unfortunately this person is still doing this not all the time but he is still doing it.makes the competition a mockery.as I’ve sent multiples emails to back this up.I can no longer post on olgb.people will see right though this person.when they go to place a bet and can not get on.his stats are far to good.I’ve been in this game a long time.I watched this person as of last month he was posting movers which had not changed on your side.you back value you win.trouble is this person clearly knows you have a glitch in your system.I will start posting once again when you have given my guarantees this can not happen again and this person is told this is not in the fair spirit of the competition.I don’t mind people finishing above if they play fair.but for the last month this person has not been playing fair.
I leave the ball In your court now.

iantheimp
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby iantheimp » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:53 pm

Good evening all,

Just wondering when settling tips in cycling, the two rider match up, should it be settled by the time each rider recorded or the standings given for example flashscore.

Thank you

PompeyJim
At Stud
Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:12 pm

Hi iantheimp,

Yeah it's the standings (rank), we use this cycling site too for results:

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/to ... 22/stage-2
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

iantheimp
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby iantheimp » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:58 pm

Hi iantheimp,

Yeah it's the standings (rank), we use this cycling site too for results:

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/to ... 22/stage-2
Cheers

kmaug
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re. Settling Tips for Cycling

Postby kmaug » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:01 pm

Hi,

I have settled many cycling tips and quite a few have been given a red x. I dont understand because the results are correct. Plus when they are down as 'did not complete', the answer is 'other' as they didnt finish the race.

Can you explain what Im doing wrong and getting the red x.

Thank you

PompeyJim
At Stud
Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:12 am

Hi kmaug,

Your red x issues should now be fixed.

For the rider match ups and selecting "other" are you referring to when both riders fail to complete/finish ?

If one of the riders finishes and the other does not then it should work ok by just selecting the rider who completed for Place 1.

kmaug
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby kmaug » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:42 pm

Hi

I dont know what is going on, but I take time out to help out with the settling tips, and I keep getting Manual Undo from your side, and I know that I have put all the correct results in.

tadley
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby tadley » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:59 pm

I notice that there are no odds up yet for tomorrow's Magic Weekend rugby league fixtures. I seem to recall you didnt put any odds up last season. I hope this isnt the case again?

VMB1952
Handicapper
Tips

Re: Suggestion

Postby VMB1952 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:10 pm

Good day!

I have a suggestion, and not sure how it will go down with all the tipsters! I’m sure some will agree and some won’t!

An example is when it comes to tennis, a tipster has placed a tip for a player to win the tournament! However, that player during the tournament ends up with an injury or illness and has to withdraw….eg. Berrettini had Covid and had to withdraw, Nadal got an injury and had to withdraw, why are these tips in that case not voided and the tipster get their coins back? I mean, when you think about it, it would make sense, take for example when a match is taking place, and a player is injured and has to retire, that tip is voided! Just like when a horse is a non-runner, you get your bet back!

It would be good to hear what others think!

Thank you, and again just a thought!

PompeyJim
At Stud
Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:14 am

I notice that there are no odds up yet for tomorrow's Magic Weekend rugby league fixtures. I seem to recall you didnt put any odds up last season. I hope this isnt the case again?
Hi tadley,

Yes and apologies, we do not receive the odds for these Magic Weekend games unfortunately, We are reliant on our external source for event odds and they don't provide these Magic Weekend games.

PompeyJim
At Stud
Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:29 am

Hi VMB1952,

Thanks for your suggestion, we realise some bookies may void in some scenarios and not others. When a tennis player retires during a match we do settle markets like 1st Set Winner if it was completed etc.

Different scenarios make it tricky for us as we do not have the auto settling capabilities (auto check starting line ups across all sports covered etc) as the bookies so we have to take a stance and for the purpose of the tip competitions here are our set rules:

https://www.olbg.com/help

An event I tipped on wasn't completed?

Where a match is not played to a conclusion some tips could be voided even if an official result has been declared. If a match has not been completed due to player retirement then any completed markets will be settled as normal. Any markets that were incomplete (such as correct score etc) will be voided.

A player I backed to score didn't play?

If you tip a player to score first or anytime but they never get on the pitch then we mark these as losers as its too complex to introduce an effective non-runner system for the hundreds of matches we process every day.

A player I tipped didn't start the tournament?

If you back a player in a tournament/race (e.g. Golf, tennis, F1 race, etc) and they don't take part then the bet is a loser. While bookies may treat this differently its too onerous for us to keep track of who does and doesn't take part in every event. We suggest you confirm a player will take part before you select him/her.

PompeyJim
At Stud
Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:39 am

Hi

I dont know what is going on, but I take time out to help out with the settling tips, and I keep getting Manual Undo from your side, and I know that I have put all the correct results in.
Hi kmaug,

Please bear with us, this is a new feature implemented to include members in the processing of results and we are encountering some unforeseen teething issues. Our tech team are working on a fix which sometimes will temporarily result in crowns being removed before being reinstated for correct scores.