George Groves v Chris Eubank Jr - £20 Best Tip Comment

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

George Groves v Chris Eubank Jr - £20 Best Tip Comment

Postby PompeyJim » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:43 pm

The Boxing World Super Series Semi Final clash between George Groves and Chris Eubank Jr takes place this coming Saturday 17th February in Manchester.

OLBG will be awarding a £20 cash prize to the member adding the most informative tip comment on the big fight.

We are going to consider tips with comment analysis placed on all the available fight markets and to qualify the tip/s must be added in the monthly competition in the usual way using the 'Make a Tip' menu -

https://www.olbg.com/members/maketip.php?id=17

We will be looking for detailed analysis that will highlight some or all of the following:

- Both fighters boxing strengths/style..
- Career records, KO stats, previous title fights etc...
- Plus any relevant information that you feel is key to your tip.

The comments team will judge ALL the tip comments as it's the excellent content analysis we are judging not just winning tips and will announce the £20 Cash prize winner on this thread and the cash will be paid directly into the winners OLBG account.

With the Anthony Joshua fight coming up next month, this weekend's big fight is a perfect appetiser for OLBG app followers to witness the great tip analysis available via OLBG's boxing tipsters.

Enjoy the fight and good luck with your tips!
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

Devastator
Listed Class
Tips

Re: George Groves v Chris Eubank Jr - £20 Best Tip Comment

Postby Devastator » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:09 pm

Great to have an additional comp but sucks when you get this message :lose:
Please make comments under 200 words so they are easier to read on the comment pages and on the OLBG Mobile App. Try removing uneccesary info and focus on the real key reasons that make you think this selection is a good bet.
Can this be looked at for the future? Its difficult to write an informative tip and cover whats been asked for the comp within 200 words. I'm struggling to get it within 200 and make sure I've kept what I need for the comp. Before I tried to submit I was considered writing more :shock:

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:15 pm

Thanks Devastator great to hear you had plenty to write and wanted to add more, we do feel 200 is about right for display purposes particularly for users viewing the tip write ups on the app.

We had a great response for the big fight, some excellent content for users to digest before placing their bets.

Members making the short list were 21Jackpot, RandyRann, jhanc592, Matthew8, GMan84, yantoe2, Mohsin19,petethebet and such was the difficulty in picking a standout winner we have awarded 3 x £10 prizes to Devastator, danbradley and dinodray -

Devastator - (Groves to win)

I'm surprised George Groves is the underdog so I see value.They're quite equally matched for age, height,reach and records but GG did look more than 1/2" taller at the weighins.I think GG is the smarter fighter when it comes to picking shots and under Shane McGuigan he has a very strong team.His only defeats have came in 2 wars with Carl Froch and against thevery good BadouJack,that was his last defeat and he has won 6(4 KOs)since.His last fight was against the very tough Jamie Cox & he finished it with a brutal bodyshot in the 4th round. Eubank is a volume puncher without having great power.He often looks off balance which looses power.I dont feel the standard of Eubank's opponents is as strong as Groves.His only defeat was against BillyJoe Saunders by points after being outclassed early.Eubank can be caught by big powershots like against Spike OSullivan who hurt him but he won after Spike suffered a burst eardrum.Even if GG cant finish it,if he catches him,he could quiet fora few rounds recovering and lose out on a points

danbradley - (Groves to win)

George Groves has done amazingly well to come back from the brink after losing to Carl Froch twice and then Badou Jack - it was clear in that fight that his confidence was knocked, but now we have the old Groves back, the one that many believed could and should have won that initial fight with Froch. The experience he has gained from those big occasions, and the confidence he will have from coming back after his losses will give him the grit and determination to win this fight. Eubank hasn't faced anyone who can do the damage of Groves so far, his chin hasn't really been tested, and Groves has the advantage in too many categories to make him the underdog here. Size, boxing ability, experience - Eubank only has the agility and energy, which albeit important attributes at this division, aren't enough for me to have him winning this fight. Groves looks the better bet as the underdog in this fight to gain full redemption.

dinodray - (Groves to win)

Groves is a super middleweight but Eubank is not and that is the difference between these two fighters. Groves has "been around" and picked himself up after a couple of top class defeats. I want Eubank to win but I just can't see it. There's been a saying in boxing for years - " a good big un always beats a good little un" and I think that will be true on Saturday night. Groves has to come down a few pounds to make the weight which makes him naturally stronger where as Eubank needs to carry a bit excess to allow himself to be near the super middleweight limit which may take its toll in the later rounds. Eubank certainly has fast hands and I'd love to see him put Groves to sleep but as with the Saunders fight his lack of top class experience and the fact that he's never been in a real war tips the outcome towards Groves IMO. Eubank - is not a natural super middleweight and it will be interesting to see if he can actually take a punch. Jnr he has it all to prove. Groves to win at what looks like a decent price.

Well done to the prize winners and a big thank you to all the members once again for the excellent analysis added on the big fight for OLBG followers.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby danbradley » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:41 pm

Wow thanks :win:

I was very confident with my Groves pick so glad that you thought the tip was helpful!

Follow me on Twitter: @DanBradleyTips

Devastator
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Devastator » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:51 pm

:shock: Thank you! :win:

Thats a nice bonus on top of betting on Groves :yes:

Re: the word limit, I got around it by deleting some unnecessary words and a few random spaces between words so it looks like a grammar nazi's wet dream :lol: