Chris Eubank Jnr vs Renold Quinlan : Saturday 4th February

bishbosh
Classic Winner
Tips

Chris Eubank Jnr vs Renold Quinlan : Saturday 4th February

Postby bishbosh » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:24 am

I think Eubank Jnr has amazing speed and an absolute great fan of his boxing skills .

He will destroy BJ saunders next time around but really needs some big fights quickly before his dad ruins his career by fighting bums.

A good choice not to fight GGG tho in 2 yrs or so GGG will be older and there for the taking.

After this fight needs a massive summer fight hopefully with BJS
If I study and fail so be it
But to not study is like opening your window and throwing your money out hoping the wind brings it back in

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Eubank Jnr

Postby Gman84 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:16 am

A good fighter with a tonne of potential but terribly advised. His Father wants the credit but realistically he needs to work with a Hearn or a Warren in order to get the big fights but neither of those, especially Warren, will likely touch him with a barge pole. This ITV pay-per0view vs the Aussie fight looks a bit of a joke but will be interesting to see the numbers and if they get anything from it.

As a boxer Eubank has skill, power, confidence, he moves well and a bit like his dad fights counter style very well but its hard to see him and his Dad ever being sepaarated and if that remains so I feel he'll be a fighter who never gets near his potential.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

BadReligion
Group 2 Class
Tips

Re: Eubank Jnr

Postby BadReligion » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:52 am

Eubank Jr is improving all the time. It was lack of experience that found him out against Billy Joe. I'd definitely favour him in a rematch.

This fight with Renold Quinlan is not going to last very long. It's a complete mismatch. The Eubanks overemphasise the importance of the IBO belt and this is just part of hyping up the fight so casual fans buy the PPV. It's not going to open the door to big fights but if this is a financial success the potential for a big money fight will be an advantage in negotiations.

Eubank Jr is fundamentally a good fighter and he can take punishment. I've never seen him hurt.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Chris Eubank Jnr vs Renold Quinlan : Saturday 4th February

Postby Gman84 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:22 pm

I've edited the title of the thread to relate to the fight this Saturday.

The undercard also features David Price vs Christian Hammer, a guy who fought Tyson Fury a couple of years ago. For Price to have any chance of getting back into serious reckoning he has to win this.

As for the Eubank fight, I can't see anything but a Eubank win but given the nature of how it is happening I feelhe needs to put on a show. Interesting that David Haye has been extremely positive about it in interviews and with his Hayemaker promotions making a new partnership with Ringstar maybe they are flirting with the Eubanks for future deals.

Eubank is 1/33 to win! Not a price to ever get involved in.

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

bishbosh
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby bishbosh » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:31 pm

Its a non entity fight for an unrecognised title but hopefully will give eubanks jr a few rounds in the ring to shake of the rust before bigger n better things in the summer

As for david price, we know he can punch but that he has a glass jaw

Hes talked about trying to get back on the world scene but at best hes european / commonwealth standard
But to not study is like opening your window and throwing your money out hoping the wind brings it back in

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:40 pm

Completely agree on Price. Hammer is 11/5 to win but only has a 46% KO rate and I suspect that's why he's been taken as an opponent. Haye doesn't want anyone with a big power punch yet until he can get a bit closer to higher up the scene.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:16 am

That should be the end for David Price. To come in at near 20st though was a massive error and carrying that bulk around just worn he down because even though he nearly knocked the guy out it wore him out doing it and trying to finish it. I don't see a way back unless he wants to operate around the British and Commonwealth divisions as a mid-tier guy for the next few years trying to earn some small purses.

As for Eubank Jr, given his inactively last year it was a solid performance but the quality of the opponent was a question beforehand and it seems he was at the level expected although to be fair he took a serious amount of shots and had a jaw ofd iron but it could have been stopped earlier.

Let's hope the kid can make a fight with a real world class fighter and see what happens. he should be near the top of the tree rather than dancing around it. The next question is middleweight or Super Middleweight?

bishbosh
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby bishbosh » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:31 am

Yep agree think we called it right with price.
Thats 4 defeats now against not world champ level boxers.
He can spend a few years being british n commonwealth champ , even european would be a worry.
Has to pick and choose fights to win or will be a journeyman getting battered.id rather see him call it a day tho

As for eubank 8 months of inactivity to come back like that was good considering BJS last outing. Im not sure he has the punch power for super middleweight so would prefer to see him return to middleweight and do something there before looking to move up .

BadReligion
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby BadReligion » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:56 pm

Eubank Jr is a handful for anyone. I think he beats Billy Joe in a rematch and it will be close with James de Gale but Golovkin is a different proposition because he can take it and dish it out. Golovkin would have knocked Quinlan out in the first few rounds. Eubank Jr has a high punch volume but doesn't have the power to knock out durable opponents with a single shot. I think de Gale is the one they want but despite their confidence and the sparring session story I reckon de Gale beats Eubank Jr on points.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:31 am

I think the one thing that was obvious in the step up the weights was that his punch power isn't as effective at super middleweight. He's probably better as a big middleweight rather than a small super middleweight but he is at least being smart keeping his options open in both divisions.

bishbosh
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby bishbosh » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:09 pm

Agreed he has to stay at middleweight and set up the BJS fight then a few defences and by then golovkin could have moved up or slowed down.

One thing for sure is no one is buying the IBO world champ thing so he needs a recognised belt and saunders looks the easiest to take at the moment

BadReligion
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby BadReligion » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:58 pm

I'm not a big fan of Eubank jr or snr. They could have had the Golovkin fight but weren't prepared to accept the offer that Kell Brook did. Kell Brook has a bigger reputation than Eubank Jr, is a champion albeit at a lower weight and had more to lose. Eubank Jr is a good fighter but he is nowhere near elite level. They have no right to make demand especially in negotiations with an undefeated unified champion like Golovkin. The truth is they just want to cherry pick and drag the career out to obtain the most money because a loss will derail everything. Yes they are calling people out but it's just a scam. When it comes to the negotiating they'll price themselves out and blame the other fighter. You can't deal with these people and they need to realise that boxing doesn't need them they need boxing.