Badou Jack v James DeGale - Saturday 15th January

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Badou Jack v James DeGale - Saturday 15th January

Postby Gman84 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:31 am

Technically it'll be Sunday morning for UK fans though...

This looks a real crackerjack of a fight. We have two super-middleweight World Champions (Jack - WBC, DeGale - IBF) who haveboth fought a lot of the same guys in recent years and both have worked the hard way to get to the top of the division, both overcoming a tough loss to rebuild themselves.

Jack maybe Swedish but he's been in the States for 6-7 years now and backed by Mayweather promotions he's definitely the home town boy but that won't bother DeGale who has shown time and again he'll go into other peoples yards and do it the hard way.

I think it was a smart move by DeGale to bring in a strength and conditioning coach as whilst both guys are scrappers and can hit neither is what I'd consider a knock out artist and this could be a real battle of attrition. DeGale is known to push the boundaries a touch, throw a shoulder in here and there and he can also soak up a lot of pressure but to be fair Jack has won a lot of his recent fights by outbattling guys who maybe didn't like being taken to those dark places and he is used to being the underdog and overcoming that. Both can fight out of either stance, both like to counterpunch and soak up pressure so it'll be interesting to see who tries to come forward but as the "hometown" fighter I suspect it'll be Jack.

The bookies have DeGale as favourite and at prices of around 1/3 and 4/11 at a touch shorter than I was thinking whilst Jack is a 9/4 or 5/2 shot which is a touch longer than I was expecting so possibly Jack's price just to win offers better value as I think it's a bit more even than the prices indiciate.

If I was to back DeGale I'd prefer to go by method of victory and the 8/11 with Coral to win on points (or technical decision) seems more like a price I could consider. I really do see this as a fight that goes all the way. If you like Jack by the same method then SkyBet go 9/2.

The fight is live on SkySports in the early hours.

Anyone taking a punt on this one or got any thoughts on it?
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

Enrique125
Listed Class
Tips

Re: Badou Jack v James DeGale - Saturday 15th January

Postby Enrique125 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Both of them lost only once. I'll go with DeGale, as he won 23 matches before comparing with Badou who won 20. Not a big difference though. It's risky. Both are good.

Enrique125
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Enrique125 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:02 pm

Guess for good odds I'll risk on a draw.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:25 pm

This is a tight match and whilst going for the draw is a big ask this looks like the type of fight that will go the distance so at least it has a slim chance. 25/1 is usually a little shorter than the 28, 33/1 a lot of fights are.

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

Bobsselections
At Stud
Tips

Postby Bobsselections » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:06 am

Excellent and well worth staying up for.
Jack down in the first, referee caught on the chin by Jack at the end of the fifth and DeGale down in the last.
Mayeather not happy with the result as two judges call the draw and one for DeGale so majority draw is the outcome and none for his boxer Jack.
DeGale asking for a rematch but Mayweather says Jack is too heavy now so has to move up to light heavyweight.
Time for bed.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:32 am

Great fight. DeGale wins if not for the last round knock down but even though he clearly looked in better condition he still looked a little ropey from round ten onwards. The rematch would be great but I kind of feel that both sides also know they might be best taking the moral victory and moving on - in Jack's case up to light heavy.

For DeGale he once again goes on the road and puts up a world class performance - even after the knock down (& he was lucky the ref didn't stop it) he showed heart and to survive and even produce a flurry at the end.

Top class Boxing, a joy to watch.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:18 am

The WBC have ordered Badou Jack to defend his title against Callum Smith. They've given the promoters until the 17th Feb to come to a purse agreement. Should Jack and his promoter go through with the idea of moving up to light heavy then it looks like it would be Callum Smih vs Anthony Dirrell for the vacanted belt.