Gennady Golovkin v Kell Brook 10/09/16

BadReligion
Group 2 Class
Tips

Gennady Golovkin v Kell Brook 10/09/16

Postby BadReligion » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:02 pm

Kell Brook is stepping up two weight divisions to take on the most feared fighter on the planet Gennady Golovkin at middleweight on 10th September 2016. Current best odds Golovkin 1/6 Brook 59/10 Draw 30/1

It was a huge shock to see Brook weigh 176 lbs at the 30 day check weigh-in which was 11lbs more than Golovkin. Most commentators are seeing this as a positive because this fight was widely viewed as a mismatch and was compared to Canelo-Khan. Kell Brook struggles to do 147 at welterweight but I couldn't see Golovkin being able to make 147. At the check weigh-in Brook was in shape, you couldn't see any fat but he is no way as naturally big as Golovkin.

Golovkin has to keep fit all year around to make weight and 165 at this stage is normal for him. It's Kell Brook who is having to change his regime and it's a big ask when you have to have a perfect fight in order to win.

Kell Brook is full of confidence. He claims he is going to shock the world. In fact, he thinks he can knock out Golovkin. I just don't see it. I've seen Golovkin get punched flush in the face by natural middleweights and counter opponents with a knockout. He's a freak.

I'm predicting Brook will put up a good performance. I think the extra weight he's put on will slow him down in the later rounds when Golovkin will just take over and beat him up. I reckon Brook will be stopped between rounds 7-9.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:15 am

3 weeks until the fight of the year! Golovkin's punching ability will surely be too much for Brook stepping up 2 weight divisions.Let's see what news comes out of their camps in due course.

Anyways, does anyone know what the undercard for this fight is looking like?

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:43 am

3 weeks until the fight of the year! Golovkin's punching ability will surely be too much for Brook stepping up 2 weight divisions.Let's see what news comes out of their camps in due course.

Anyways, does anyone know what the undercard for this fight is looking like?
Lee Haskins v Stuart Hall for IBF world bantamweight title
Johnreil Casimero v Charlie Edwards for IBF world flyweight title

Martin J Ward v Andy Townend for vacant British Super Featherweight title
Conor Benn v TBC

There will be more added soon and will be updated on sportinglife website

TeddyT
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:02 am

I'm a bit of a boxing novice - can someone explain to me why Brook has taken this fight?

Does the fact that he is going up two weights mean it's a bit of a no lose gamble? If he loses he can say it was the rise in weight and if he manages to pull it off it would surely go down as an amazing victory?

I understand it will be big box office and good money but he seems highly unlikely to win which seems completely at odds with his career up to now?
OLBG Tipster Competition Manager

BadReligion
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby BadReligion » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:17 pm

I'm a bit of a boxing novice - can someone explain to me why Brook has taken this fight?

Does the fact that he is going up two weights mean it's a bit of a no lose gamble? If he loses he can say it was the rise in weight and if he manages to pull it off it would surely go down as an amazing victory?

I understand it will be big box office and good money but he seems highly unlikely to win which seems completely at odds with his career up to now?

None of the welter weights really want to fight Brook because he is the best in that division. The other fighters i.e Thurman, Broner, Vargas, Garcia will not only make less money for fighting him but they would likely lose. He completely outclassed Shaun Porter and there wasn't much between Thurman and Porter when they fought.

Kell Brook was finding it difficult to get a big name opponent so he decided to take the Golovkin fight. He accepted the money that Eubank Junior turned down. Kell is confident he can win. It won't be a mismatch. Despite being so heavy 30 days from the fight I don't expect him to stand in front of Golovkin- that would be stupid. He'll probably hit and run.

/yes your right, if Kell loses his unbeaten record to Golovkin he could still come out of the fight better off if he puts in a good performance because Americans will know who he is and that means better pay per view opportunities in the future.

DAVIDADAN
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby DAVIDADAN » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:23 pm

I've had the real privilege of meeting both Kell Brook & Kid Galahad yesterday (Wednesday) with their support teams as they paraded around east London (No not at & I don't work at the 02!) Both gladly signed autographs & chatted a while. KG is unbackable on the other card @1/100. Both seemed really fit, focused and relaxed.

I've posted my personal thoughts and views in my latest blog, link below.
I asked KB 2 questions:
I asked KB how he feels he would cope with the step up 2 weights?
KB: "I'm not worried, I've prepared for this"
I asked how he feels about the prospect of possibly meeting former sparring partner Amir Khan should he win, and was he concerned
that AK failed up in grade v Alvarez

KB: "At the moment I can't comment."

@ Teddy T, I agree as in my blog Khan couldn't rise to to challenge either!

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=411598

DAVIDADAN
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby DAVIDADAN » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:57 am

Rather disappointed with the lack of interest on OLBG as regards Boxing comments as regards Kell Brook v Gennady Golovkin on Saturday night.
Probably go down as one of the 100 best fights ever, certainly as a challenger!
OLBG Sponsors Member Frankie Monkhouse who has had at least 5 Pro Fights, I'm sure we'd love to hear his views! I,m sure Amir Khan will be vocal but KB learned plenty tonight, and would surely destroy AK or Chris Eubanks Jnr once fully fit!

Not far off this time but what a great fight! Must admit to having a pre fight saver on round 5 & 9/1 for a decent profit. It was always going to be a tough encounter for KB in his valiant bid to become a 2 weight champion, alas he had no real answer to the sustained barrage from GGG in the 5th round. Correct decision for his team to throw in the towel, it was later discovered that the IBO Champ visited hospital due to a fractured eye socket. May I wish KB a speedy recovery and looking forward to his future clashes with eager anticipation, that was a superb effort, viewers were undoubtedly enthralled!
Proven to be the best in Welterweight, sights set a tad lower next time out, I'm sure he can rack up another sequence as unlikely to be seen at Welterweight again. Thanks KB for the memories, Damn Good Effort!