Muhammad Ali - rest in peace

Postby ian0318 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:40 am

thanks for all the memories when I was a kid -truly a legend ,rest in peace

ian0318
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby ian0318 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:03 am

in his own words
" will they have another boxer who writes poems, predicts rounds, beats everybody, makes people laugh, makes people cry and tall and extra pretty as me" "NEVER"

bbc news online have an excellent tribute to Ali and is well worth a look
Last edited by ian0318 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geordieracer
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby geordieracer » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:46 am

Probably not the greatest boxer ever but probably my greatest hero. He was a great man and not only saved heavyweight boxing from the mob run pit into which it had sunk but gave black America voice, then Muslims a voice, then those opposed to war a voice. Despite his trade of violence those voices were ultimately voices of peace. No man deserves more to rest in peace. His courage and dignity through his latter years are a lesson in humility to all. If Ali could bear his illness with such humility what right have any of us to moan? The death of a man rarely truly signals the end of an era. This does. God Bless you, Ali. Thank you.

ian0318
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby ian0318 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:18 pm

Probably not the greatest boxer ever but probably my greatest hero. He was a great man and not only saved heavyweight boxing from the mob run pit into which it had sunk but gave black America voice, then Muslims a voice, then those opposed to war a voice. Despite his trade of violence those voices were ultimately voices of peace. No man deserves more to rest in peace. His courage and dignity through his latter years are a lesson in humility to all. If Ali could bear his illness with such humility what right have any of us to moan? The death of a man rarely truly signals the end of an era. This does. God Bless you, Ali. Thank you.
well written piece, was my greatest sports hero also and the world is a sadder place without him