Canelo-Khan Big Fight Discussion

bitmoretechnical
Listed Class
Tips

Canelo-Khan Big Fight Discussion

Postby bitmoretechnical » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:49 pm

Wow! Huge fight. And even more interesting because it came out of the blue.

See http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=410642 for full article!

I think the weight will have a huge bearing and my first thoughts are that Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez will win by knockout. He's very, very good and his power is concussive.

Khan will have to run and put in a defensive performance worthy of Mayweather to stand any chance. He does, just about, have the ability to do it!

First odds on offer are:
Alvarez to win: 2/5
Khan to win: 12/5

lazarus76
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Not quite the middle of nowhere, but i can see it from here!

Postby lazarus76 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:49 pm

I'll be all over Canelo for this one, as you say the weight is sure to be an issue, I'm not sure Khan could run and hide for 12 rounds against Alvarez's power, Canelo by knockout looks tasty to me.

Don't quite understand why the "catchweight" of 155 as been agreed, if their fighting for the middleweight title then fight at 160, I guess any weight off the usual 160 is of benefit for Khan, but seeing as Khan usually fights at 148 if he bulks up too much then that could have an effect on his speed.

Anyway I'd still be on Canelo outright and also on the knockout.

Looking forward to it.

Lazarus76 :cool:
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Superbolbg II Champion.

Twitter - https://twitter.com/lazarus76

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:04 pm

Skybet went in early @8/15 Canelo but are now 1/3 .... I too cannot see anything other than a KO win for him. Khan's only chance is to hit & run.

bitmoretechnical
Listed Class
Tips

Postby bitmoretechnical » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:27 pm

It's still a long way off but the odds have drifted apart very slight in the Canelo-Khan fight. The Mexican is now best odds of 4/11 to win, while the Brit can be backed at 9/4.

The popular 'method of victory' market is telling: Alvarez is only 4/7 to win by KO, while Khan is whopping 14/1 to get a stoppage victory. Slightly surprisingly, if the fight goes the distance the bookies think Khan is more likely to take it. He is 7/2 to win by decision but Canelo is 6/1 by the method.

bitmoretechnical
Listed Class
Tips

Postby bitmoretechnical » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:11 pm

With the fight only a couple of weeks away Khan has revealed his new physique, and it's quite surprising! It looks like the Bolton man has put on a lot of weight. Is that a good thing to do? Will it help or hinder his performance against Alvarez?

For the latest on the fight and the betting insights check out the OLBG blog piece.

bitmoretechnical
Listed Class
Tips

Postby bitmoretechnical » Sat May 07, 2016 1:01 pm

In the end I'm backing the fight go more than 6.5 rounds and Canelo to win points.

Alvarez's power is slightly overrated - he only has two KO wins in his last six fights, and Khan's dodgy chin is overhyped – he survived, and beat, the biggest puncher he's faced, Maidana. Khan will try to move a lot and this fight should go to the second half, and maybe the distance.

longvonbonginson
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby longvonbonginson » Sat May 07, 2016 9:02 pm

I can see Khan lasting at least 9.5 rounds @ 11/10 - good bet. May gas out with the step up in weight, but i think this is the value in the fight. Alvarez could get the knockout, and Khan claims he wasn't solely motivated by the 8.8 milli pay cheque after turning down 5 milli stating he wanted a bigger challenge ... Also if it DOES go to decision I have it down as Khan win by decision, hoping he doesn't take the KO early on, now :lol: