Who should be next for Joshua ?

tattflash
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Who should be next for Joshua ?

Postby tattflash » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:31 pm

After his 7th round KO victory over the tough Dillon Whyte, what next for him?. Derek Chisora is a possible opponent, as is David Haye if he wins his comeback. I also think a fight with Erken Teper could be a possibilty if he wants a title shot to break the top 10 rank

bitmoretechnical
Listed Class
Tips

Postby bitmoretechnical » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:08 pm

It's a good question. The name that seems to be coming up most is Chisora, with a rematch against Whyte also a possibility. I think a fight with Haye is too much at this stage while the Chisora fight would be a good test for Joshua at this stage but it is not necessarily great for ranking points.

Since Fury was stripped of the IBF title it looks like that will be fought over by a Ukrainian, Glazkov, and an American, Martin. Neither is great and the IBF could be the easiest route to a world title. And it would give the prospect of a unification fight with Fury (or Klitschko) down the line.

To get the IBF ranking points Joshua could fight Teper, as tattflash says, or Szpilka. Both are decent but probably no better than Chisora.

aussiepunter
2yo
Tips

Re: Who should be next for Joshua ?

Postby aussiepunter » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:47 am

After his 7th round KO victory over the tough Dillon Whyte, what next for him?. Derek Chisora is a possible opponent, as is David Haye if he wins his comeback. I also think a fight with Erken Teper could be a possibilty if he wants a title shot to break the top 10 rank
Anthony Joshua is a good boxer, don't get me wrong. But he struggled big time after taking a few hits early in his last fight against Whyte, who I don't rate as a boxer at all, he's more of a brawler who can get lucky.

I also think that right now, Joshua would get smashed by anyone bigger, a Klitschko/Fury or or at least the same height as him at the moment.

It would be a big money fight to get David Haye, but I think Joshua would lose that one, and I reckon he thinks it too, but it might happen. Fury wouldn't even entertain the though of a fight with Joshua, he's the world champ. He does't need to fight anyone who is coming up in the ranks, even though I reckon Fury would knock him out..

The best thing for Joshua to do is to bide his time, keep making the right fights and improving his ranking so he becomes a mandatory challenger. He gets the ring experience, learns more about boxing and more importantly IMO, doesn't get annihilated by someone half decent.

He is still a young fighter with a lot to learn - a lot of talent, but a lot to learn. Remember, he was shaking on his feet early in the fight against Dillian Whyte - an opponent that everyone thought he would knock out in the first or second round.

Anthony Joshua hasn't really proved any kind of stamina, and his chin looks a little brittle for mine. If he gets hit by someone with true power, they could easily knock him out IMO.

Good prospect in the heavyweight division, just give him a few more years I reckon. There's no rush. He'll probably have a few fights in the U.K and maybe the U.S. to build up his name before he gets any real chance at proving himself.

All just my opinion of course, I've loved watching him fight!
White elephant throwing stones in a glass house and bettiing like a bull in a China shop.

discoduck
Handicapper
Tips

Postby discoduck » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:30 am

Just seen Charles martin warming up for tomorrow and he looks in great shape.The odds are far too skewed in AJ's favour as much I think he's a fine boxer.The 7/2 I just took doesn't seem over generous but I think think Charles is going to win he just has that look about him.Whatever happens I feel this could end up being one hell of a great fight for everybody watching but its a lot closer than i think the fans and media perceive it to be.

colster5
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby colster5 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:10 am

I thought the opposite. Martin looked a bit intimidated to me and making jokes. Joshua looked cold and ready for business! 7/2 for Joshua to win in 3 looks good to me.

bitmoretechnical
Listed Class
Tips

Postby bitmoretechnical » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:03 pm

Pulev and Chisora are matched up in an eliminator fight for Joshua's title, and either man would be a great next test for Joshua.

That fight is scheduled for May 7, and Joshua is supposed to fight next on July 9. That might just be enough time to get it made.