Tony Bellew vs David Haye (Heavyweight) - 5th May 2018

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Tony Bellew vs David Haye (Heavyweight) - 5th May 2018

Postby Gman84 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:45 pm

The rematch. A shock last time as Haye injured his achilles midway through the fight and eventually the towel was thrown in but his trainer.

He's since had to delay this with another injury so both fighters will have been out of the ring for over a year by the time this happens. Haye is the favourite but not as strong as last time. This does appear to be win or bust for him as if his body breaks down or he just can't do the job he's going to be completely disregarded in the heavyweight picture and I think he knows that and would likely hang it up.

Interesting watching the press conference this week. Haye was desperately trying to keep his cool, give Bellew all the credit for the first win and not letting Bellew's comments wind him up but I also got the feeling he was dying just to let rip underneath and state he was only beaten by the injury and bad luck last time.

Before the injury, I would have had Haye narrowly ahead on points but you can't really judge the last 5 rounds as both fighters gameplans went out of the window, Bellew near punched himself out and bhaye was just trying to land a big shot and save himself.

Haye is too short for me in the straight betting, 2/5 for a guy who has only had one real fight in the last 6 years. It's hard to trust his body. I do think he might be worth backing in the early rounds for a knockout because he does have the power to get anyone out there if he lands cleanly. I do feel this fight just depends on Haye and his fitness. Bellew is consistent and solid, you know what you are going to get and the longer the fight goes, the better his chances are.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy