Quarter Final - Portugal V's Poland

Ralfie1982
Group 1 Class
Tips

Quarter Final - Portugal V's Poland

Postby Ralfie1982 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:49 am

Hi,

A chance here for people to discuss the Portugal v' Poland game, best bets, predictions and other bets.

Tell us what you have got!

(A blog will be linking here later today!)

Micko70
Stallion
Tips

Postby Micko70 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:06 am

We have seen glimpse's of Ronaldo in the game against Hungary and seen nothing whatsoever of Lewandoski for Poland.

Will 1 of them turn on the style here and grab a semi final spot for their country, if i had to have a bet i would fancy Ronaldo and Portugal to win this.

Mercuraii
2yo
Tips

Poland for the "upset"

Postby Mercuraii » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:50 pm

Based on the performance of these two sides purely on this tournament so far I would say Poland are in fact the better team despite Lewandowski not putting in any huge performances yet. They have played well together as a team whereas Portugal have looked like a group of individuals more than a team, struggling to transition from defence to attack.

nors
Legend
Tips

Postby nors » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:22 am

Of the 4 quarter finals this i think will be the most cagey, both teams have done ok without hugely impressing. This is the shortest price draw at 3.05 (Bet Bright) of the quarter finals. So 2 teams who are neither hugely confident or major underdogs. Either winning would not be a shock. I like as a bet the half time draw. Bet 365 are at 1.91 (Dont think that will last). This is my best bet of the quarter finals.

0-0 is 2.25
1-1 is 9.0
OLBG Community Manager.

OlbgDeleted429610
Handicapper
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted429610 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:21 pm

I think that Ronaldo vs Lewandowski is the wrong way to look at things. Especially with the way Lewa has been covered throughout group stages and Switzerland, it was mainly giving room to Milik who did pretty much nothing with it apart from his goal against NIR.
Particularly the wingers Kuba and Grosicki have been strong and I think they will play a key part against the relatively average Portuguese defense. However, I assume a low scoring game is quite obvious.

Betfairalfie
Stallion
Tips

Postby Betfairalfie » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:25 pm

In the Euros from 2004 - 2012 we've had 30-40% of knock out ties going to penalties. So far we've had 1/8 this tournament.

So I've done all 4 QF's to finish in a victory by penalty shoot out, each team being 10/1 or more.

Hopefully the stats continue and I hit two. :hope:

nors
Legend
Tips

Postby nors » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:52 pm

That is a very interesting stat Alfie and thanks for highlighting. I can see this game going into extra time/penaltys.
OLBG Community Manager.

jammuss
Group 3 Class
Tips

Portugal v poland

Postby jammuss » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:48 pm

This is a hard 1 to call a winner,the last 2 times they have met its ended in a draw. In qualify iing Portugal won 7 from 8 games. Poland won 6,drew 3 & lost 1.Poland have lost 1 game against the dutch out there last 10, winning 7 of them. Portugal have lost 2 out last 10 games winning 5.. I see a tight quarter final and the outcome a draw , 1-1 correct score, possibly Poland h/t draw f/t..Portugal keep getting lucky and I plump for them to win on penalty's.

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:47 pm

I personally think it will be a high scoring game with both teams wanting the win, rather than hanging on for extra-time. Ronaldo and Lewandowski are match winners who have not excelled yet but are capable of doing so and there are goals in both teams.

2-2 on 90. Portugal to win in extra-time, maybe penalties and I think Ronaldo is going to shine in this game.

megadan1213
Listed Class
Tips

Postby megadan1213 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:28 pm

Portugal have been struggling in defence, they started out with Carvalho and Pepe, but Carvalho just wasn't up to it, so he's been replaced now with Jose Fonte of Southampton, he's a good centre back, but i'd still worry about them back there with Pepe on a Yellow. They chose to play Cedric Soares at right back in the last game and he may get the nod again, i'm interested to see how he'll deal with Grosicki who was electric against the Swiss, and loves to cut inside.

Portugal are giving a start to Renato Sanchez if rumours are to be believed, he's an exciting prospect but still a bit unpredictable and raw, they have an advantage i think because many of Poland's main players are one yellow card away from missing the semi final, which may put some doubt in their mind before making a tackle, this could be crucial, because no player wants to miss a Semi Final.

Overall, Poland have been great defensively in this tournament so far and have caused teams problems going forward, however, they have faded in the 2nd half of matches, against Switzerland they significantly faded in the 2nd half and in the end were delighted with penalties.

I think Portugal have lots of energy from the bench, players like Quaresma are the last thing a tired defender wants to see in the 75th minute. if it's a tight match, which it more than likely will be. this gives Portugal the edge in my opinion.

But it all comes down too...who takes their chances. Milik and Lewandowski or Ronaldo and Nani. it's as simple as that.

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby tbuckley » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:44 pm

I've done a blog look at goals based stats for the 44 games played at the Euros so far.

with that is included a piece on total team goals listing how many goals the remaining teams have scored in 90 minutes, not including extra time :-

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=411340

Portugal have scored 4 & Poland 3

Poland & Portugal are the two lowest scoring teams of the 8 left, both have been involved in 0-0 draws and 6 of their 8 combined games played so far have been draws at 90 minutes, both also gone to Extra time at least once already

anything can of course in a one off match but surely those stats suggest it will be a tight, competitive match with not many goals, maybe a 0-0/1-0 type game that could go to extra time and maybe penalties, Portugal did have a 3-3 draw but it's tough to see too many goals in this one, hope I'm wrong from an entertainment perspective

good luck with your bets.

:win:
Loving it on OLBG, on twitter @tbuckleythinks :

Top 10 Football Tip markets

Football Tips Strategy to Win

OlbgDeleted429610
Handicapper
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted429610 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:30 pm

But it all comes down too...who takes their chances. Milik and Lewandowski or Ronaldo and Nani. it's as simple as that.
This is probably the best way to put it. Both have been ineffective compared to the amount of chances they had, but will need to be better tonight. I honestly don't know who will, that's why I'm expecting a low scoring game for those 2 yet again.