Euro 2016 Outright Betting Odds - Who Will Win Euro 2016 ?

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Euro 2016 Outright Betting Odds - Who Will Win Euro 2016 ?

Postby nors » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:36 am

The betting as of today in the Euro 2016 Outright Betting market is as follows.

These are mainly the best prices out there.

France 4.5
Germany 4.5
Spain 7
England 10
Belgium 13
Italy 19
Portugal 26
Croatia 34
Austria 41
Poland 67
Switzerland 71
Russia 81
Wales 81
Turkey 91
Sweden 101
Iceland 126
Ukraine 126
Czech Republic 126
Republic of Ireland 151
Slovakia 151
Romania 261
Hungary 401
N Ireland 401
Albania 501

Should England be 9/1 does anyone think this offers any value?

Will England make it to the Semi Finals?

How will the other Home nations perform?

Who is the biggest outsider that can shock the shorter priced teams (Remember Greece in 2004!!)

Please use this new thread for all your Euro 2016 outright thoughts as we get closer to the June 10th Kick off

The Shark
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Shark » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:01 am

Yes Greece were 150/1 in the outright betting before the tournament I just found out when i was writing a bit of content for our Euro 2016 Tips index page.

Other winners since the expansion to 16 team finals have been more obvious though

Spain x2
Germany
France

Runners up also

Italy x2
Germany

With perhaps Czech Republic and Portugal being slight surprises.

This is probably the first time ever I have looked at Englands odds in the run up to a tournament and actually thought they could be ok value. I really think if Kane and Vardy get enough pitch time and click then England could do really well.

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:19 am

Should England be 9/1 does anyone think this offers any value?
Will England make it to the Semi Finals?

First one is England value 9/1??
I probably will say no, If they were in double figures price maybe.

Will we make to Semi Finals?
Depends if we take Wayne Rooney, Wayne a worry not match fit, could easily break down!
Then we will be a striker down.
If doesnt go to Euros, we might have a chance..
As we had strange results this year, feel England are due for
a good tournament.
I will rather stick with us Young lions.

Agree with The Shark, I quite like Czech Republic as a surprise team.
I think they won this competition? back in the 70?
Anyway i probably make my bets nearer the tournament start.

Frankel and Fulham
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Frankel and Fulham » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:43 am

For me I can't look past the French. Arguably the best midfield in the competition, and their defence is not bad either... They could literally name 2 teams and have a strong squad.

The fact that they are on home soil is another big advantage, and it will take some performance to beat them if they get confidence early, which they most certainly should do looking at their group. (imo is the easiest of the tournament )

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:22 am

I spent the whole summer thinking France would be my bet for the Euro 2016 Championships but at 3/1 in places they are too short for me given centre back issues at present. In my local bookies Bruce Betting, they had Spain enhanced from 11/2 to 6/1. With Del Bosque in charge and the Spanish teams doing so well in Europe I fancy them to get to the final. Spain to win the Euros.

toadie21
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby toadie21 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:23 pm

Spain had a poor world cup but look very good since and are my personal pick. France did look good at the world cup but are missing a couple of players and do look over hyped. Germany who won the world cup have looked shakey since.
This is a great chance for England with some of the opposition in transition and us having some exciting young talent but we'll probably go into our shell and bore the nation.
Hope i'm wrong come on England.

toadie21
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby toadie21 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:24 pm

Spain had a poor world cup but look very good since and are my personal pick. France did look good at the world cup but are missing a couple of players and do look over hyped. Germany who won the world cup have looked shakey since.
This is a great chance for England with some of the opposition in transition and us having some exciting young talent but we'll probably go into our shell and bore the nation.
Hope i'm wrong come on England.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:01 am

Here are the June friendly results so far from Euro 2016 competing countries. From those friendlies have members gleaned anything useful ? In England we always bang on about winning these friendlies to build confidence if that is the case then some teams will be worried.

Austria, Czech Republic seem by the results to have underperformed? France will be attacking non stop, Belgium couldnt beat Finland in Belgium!

Sunday 5 June
Czech Republic 1-2 South Korea
Sweden 3-0 Wales
Belgium 3-2 Norway
Serbia 1-1 Russia
Slovenia 0-1 Turkey

Saturday 4 June
Germany 2-0 Hungary
Croatia 10-0 San Marino
Austria 0-2 Netherlands
Slovakia 0-0 Northern Ireland
France 3-0 Scotland

Friday 3 June
Switzerland 2-1 Moldova
Romania 5-1 Georgia
Albania 1-3 Ukraine

Thursday 2 June
England 1-0 Portugal

Wednesday 1 June
Spain 6-1 South Korea
Russia 1-2 Czech Republic
Norway 3-2 Iceland
Belgium 1-1 Finland
Poland 1-2 Netherlands

Anking
2yo
Tips

Postby Anking » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:02 pm

Here 12 matches out of 19 matches has produced over 2.5 Goals,So as I said on other blog that we could see 60-70% matches will produce over 2.5 goal during this Euro 2016.

pharlap
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby pharlap » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:13 pm

Can't see past France as they have won the last two football competitions they've hosted (1984 European Championship and 1998 World Cup).
They've had a bit of trouble with Varane and Diarra, the two being out for the competition but their last home game on saturday against Scotland (3-0) showed how good Ngolo Kante could be as their replacement.
The midfield and attack is awesome and this could make a difference when needed.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:20 pm

Do you know what I'm sick of? Favourites and big teams winning. Especially if I've not backed them!

Only joking. You could look at Germany, France and Spain. Then throw in dark horses like Belguim, a promising England team and old guards Italy.

I think a lot of the groups look quite tight but one team that catches my eye is Austria. In David Alabla from Munich they've got one of the great new stars of European football and perhaps its most versatile. They won nine games in qualifying, look solid in defence and apart from Portugal (well, Ronaldo!) are in quite a weak group.

Anyone got any thoughts on Austria?

pharlap
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby pharlap » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:21 am

Austria ? Had the Euro2016 been played there, then yes but Austria has shown quite a lot of weaknesses away from Vienna. They can get out of their group but I can't see them going further then the last sixteen or the quarter finals in the competition.

My dark horse will be Croatia who are always ready when it comes to playing in the Euro or the World Cup. Can't see them winning it but they could definitely go far (semis).

One of the favourites, Spain stand no chance in my opinion. The players have all had a very long season, playing the European Cup finals and are tired to say the least which isn't something you would want them to be just before the competition.

They've put together a team after a lot retired after the last very dissapointing World Cup but two years isn't enough to hope to win.
Same thing goes for Portugal. The classy player is of course Ronaldo but he was still having fun in the mediterranean a couple of days ago which isn't ideal when you're playing a few days later and your teamates are training and getting tactics ready. This team has been overated for a long time and haven't got better.

England ? Yes, they have a chance in this but they'll have to deal with very tired players who have all had a very, very, very long season. Don't know if they have a lot of stamina left. In my opinion England have always failed in these competitions for that reason

I forgot. Italy stand no chance. They've put up much better teams in the past without winning and this one is one of the weakest in the history of the Squadra Azurra.

Three teams for me to win : France of course, then Germany (who always do well in Euros and World Cups and will be threabouts) and Belgium. Funnily enough, this looks like the weakest European Championship for decades.