KanKeano's OLBG v The Bookies 2008-09

KanKeano
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby KanKeano » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:19 pm

Week 8

Welcome Liverpool 1985 and thanks for your kind words. Hopefully I can highlight more in the weeks to come.

Onto Week 8........

Balance - 1858.46pts

After Evertons poor performance last week I'm looking to get back on track with a few more. I haven't come to any final decision yet but hoipefully will have by the time I finish this piece.

Blackburn v Man United - AH [+1] @ 1.90
This has been a favourite bet of mine for a quite a few seasons now with it only letting me down once. Blackburn have lost just once at home in 2008, recently to Arsenal and their recent record against United is terrific.
They have lost just once to their local neighbours at Ewood Park in the last 7 seasons with 3 wins and 3 draws and I seem to remember them winning at Old Trafford once recently with 2 goals from MG Pedersen. Last season a late Carlos Tevez goal spared United from a damaging defeat in the title run in.

Ewood Park is not the most intimidating grounds to visit but it changes when Burnley or Man United visit. Blackburn love nothing more than putting one over their more illustrious neighbours and once more, it should be a blood and thunder game tomorrow. It will also be the first time Paul Ince has managed a side against his former manager and no doubt he will be desperate to get one over on Sir Alex.

Both sides are coming nicely to the boil with Blackburn & Man United winning their last 3 games but United have injury worries. Neville, Rooney & Scholes are all likely to miss the game joining Carrick & Hargreaves on the sidelines. As always United have plenty of players to fill the gaps but are they of the same quality as the ones missing? Up front they are but a midfield without Scholes, Hargreaves or Carrick lacks.

Blackburn have virtually the same squad to choose from as last Saturday against Newcastle except for the full back Danny Simpson, who is unable to play against the club Rovers have loaned him from. Paul Robinson is only 50/50 to recover in time for the game so Jason Brown may continue to deputise between the posts.

Blackburn can be found at 6/1 at some bookmakers for the outright win which is not bad considering recent records and H2H at Ewood park but I always prefer to take some insurance when opposing United so tomorrow I'll go for Blackburn with the one goal start.

Man City v Liverpool @ 2.30 - Last week I went against the red half of Merseyside but this weekned I'm going to keep them on my side. I keep expecting them to slip up somewhere along the lines but despite not performing well they are getting the job done. Another convincing win in Europe midweek sees them extend their unbeaten start to the season and the goal for Keane will see the start of a fruitful period of scoring for the Irishman. I have no doubt!

Man City themselves were action in the UEFA Cup Thursday night but struggled to get themselves up for a game in which they fielded their 1st choice team. This came after defeat at Wigan last week and the side have shown signs that they are not quite the force to be reckoned with that the media will have us believe. It take a while for all that finance to filter down into the squad and until that time they are worth opposing in matches like this.

Liverpool haven't got a great record at the City of Manchester Stadium recently with 2 0-0 draws and a 1-0 defeat in their last 4 visits but this seems to be a different Liverpool side we are witnessing this season.

I make Liverpool 4/5 for the away win by my odds so the 13/10 on offer seems very reasonable.

Tottenham v Hull Tottenham to score 4 or more - 11.00

Now you know I have gone insane.

I'm a Tottenham fan and believe me when I say being bottom of the Premier League is absolutely killing us at the moment. This may be a crazy bet but it is the type of thing that will happen when we click.

It is obvious for everyone to see that we are failing to get at the moment but hopefully Ramos will continue to start with 2 up front, something that he did for the 1st time in the midweek UEFA Cup game. The team have got goals in them and if they score early against Hull we are more than capable of getting a few. We have just been struggling to get early goals.

However, it is a bit of a longshot....hence the odds but it's not entirely impossible.

Bet of the week [WK8]:

Man City v Liverpool - Away win [2.30 @ Paddy Power] Stake 458.46pts

Purely for the value on offer and the fact I rate Liverpool far higher than the current City side I'll place a decent percentage of my current balance on an away win

Closing Balance [WK8] - 1400.00pts

Good luck with whatever you choose this week. :win:
OLBG Moderator

Twitter | KanKeano_OLBG

Owner of KanKeano Bears | SUPERBOLBG
AFC Conference Champions Season 5
AFC South Champions Season 3, 4 & 5

KanKeano
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby KanKeano » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:08 pm

Week 8 - Conclusion

Balance - 1400.00pts

God it's despressing at the moment as a Tottenham fan. 4 goals....we have all on scoring 1!

About the only good thing about this weekend football wise was Liverpool's comeback at Man City. It looked bleak when City went 2-0 up but a sending off and a couple of substitutions turned it the way of Liverpool.

Closing Balance [WK8] - 2454.46pts
P/L - 1654.46pts

Balance [WK9] - 2554.46pts
OLBG Moderator

Twitter | KanKeano_OLBG

Owner of KanKeano Bears | SUPERBOLBG
AFC Conference Champions Season 5
AFC South Champions Season 3, 4 & 5