NeilTheBeaver OLBG v The Bookies 08/09 Thread

NeilThe Beaver
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby NeilThe Beaver » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:31 pm

with top up new balance 500

With extra work commitments i have little time at the moment.

This week im going with Fulham to beat Man City. Fulham are on a decent run at home and are on the back of two solida away performances. Man City are blowing hot and cold at the moment.

300 on Fulham @ 2.75
Even a blind bird gets a worm sometimes

gecko6
Legend
Tips

Postby gecko6 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:14 pm

hi mate
you did yourself out of £100 in wk 13..top up...

and then when you did 460 on sunderland you took it off £1310 and left £760..not 860

so thats £200 more that should be in your bank!

balance now > £400 after top up for this wk

:win:

NeilThe Beaver
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby NeilThe Beaver » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:42 am

Thanks (again) Gecko for the correction and all the work you put into this.

After two bad weeks with no time to look at the stats, im up late so im feeling good.

So...

Boro V Arsenal, sticking to the mantra never bet on a game with Boro in it.

Spurs V Man Utd, this is a HUGE game this weekend Spurs are in danger of falling back into the relegation battle and anything less than 3 points could see Utd come back from Tokyo 12 points behind the leaders. But 4.5 for Spurs is a decent price for a home team. Utd have won 6 out of the last 7 visits to WHL. Utd still looking iffy at the back however they have had 4 clean sheets on the run in the PL since being beaten by Arsenal. This game isnt one for me.

Chelsea V West Ham, on paper Chelsea would be a given, but they are not the force they should be at home, and Zola would love it, just love it if the Irons beat them (to paraphrase KK) After a mediocre midweek display from Chelsea, 15 for an unlikely Hammers win or 3.75 that they get something out of the game may get small stakes. Hammers havent beaten Chelsea for 5 years, and really, i doubt that'll change this weekend.

Villa V Bolton, Villa keep slipping up when given a chance to cement a place in the top 4, and Bolton are very much a banana skin at the moment. Megson looks to have found a formula and the team are playing better than they have for a long while. 3 of Boltons last 4 wins have been on the road and have won 4 of the last 6 being beaten by Liverpool and Chelsea. Bolton double chance @ 2.1,

Liverpool V Hull. If Hull go to Anfield to play football then i think that Liverpool could put a few past them. The goalscoring "crisis" is blown up a bit and there is plenty threat from all areas. However if Hull park the bus in front of goal Liverpools Achillies heel will appear again and the inability to break down stubborn defences may be the undoing of them. Not much going on this game.

Man City V Everton. Errrm.....Everton performing better on the road than at home, but havent got anyone upfront. Man City are close to becoming the new Boro. Same names but totally differing performances week to week. Not even considering this one...Ok maybe city win to nil @ 3

Stoke V Fulham....another one!! Stoke, 2 draws on the bounce, Fulham 3 draws on the bounce, Draw @ 3.25. Delap magic throws this week are in doubt. Fulham have only scored twice on the road, Potters clean sheet @ 2.87. Dont like this one bit...

Sunderland v West brom....this is getting silly now..... Sunderlands home form keep them up last year, this year its a struggle but a rudderless ship can end up anywhere so i will keep well clear of this one.

Pompey V Newcastle..... :rant: .....this weeks fixtures eh? Adams v JFK both mangagers are out of their depth so this could be a game for the viewers. Pompey are like a teenage boy, in that the cant do clean sheets and with Toons forward line looking like firing i doubt that will change, Overs @ evens.

Wigan V Blackburn, one i would normally avoid, however, given that i have ended spurs run and fulhams i will assist Blackburn and back Wigan to Win @ 2.1, as Rovers are looking more like this years Derby.

SO in another hard week im sticking 250 on Wigan to Win @ 2.1

Thanks and good luck

NeilThe Beaver
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby NeilThe Beaver » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:40 am

Even a blind bird gets a worm sometimes!

Caught the Wigan bet so 250 @ 2.1 returns 525

open 150

+ 525
+ 100 top up

close 775

Pleased i also caught the Stoke clean sheet and draw,

the rest well..... :wink:

NeilThe Beaver
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby NeilThe Beaver » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:28 am

Another really tough week, loving the premierships unpredictability this year, makes for good watching. But hating it for the same reason as it makes the betting all a bit tricky....

This week..

Fulham V Boro

Fulham despite not having a "holding" midfield as such are proving to be a tough nut to crack. Some solid performances and they sit above Boro in the table. Boro seem to follow good results and decent displays with poorer ones so im taking Fulham HTFT @ 3.75 and chucking 225 at it.

Good luck folks

NeilThe Beaver
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby NeilThe Beaver » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:06 am

:)

woo!

Returns
843 .75
+
+
100 top up
=

NeilThe Beaver
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby NeilThe Beaver » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:34 am

Just a quicky tonight Bolton Win @ 2.20 300

Close balance 1143.75

gecko6
Legend
Tips

Postby gecko6 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:19 pm

hi mate

fulham bet (just above)was 225 so from bank of 775 that left 550 not 500

so your bank was £1493.75

bolton bet was £300 so bank is £1193.75

* however, you have done a catch-up bet so you now have 20 bets in 20 wks... but you took a top-up when you missed a bet in week 9

and also the top-up when you "caught-up" this wk, so you have had 21 top-ups...

simply, just dont have a top-up for this bolton bet... then you are spot on for 20 wks.. makes your bank £1093.75 as of now...

trust this makes sense!!

regards

NeilThe Beaver
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby NeilThe Beaver » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:14 am

Thanks (again) Gecko, brain not functioning anymore!!

Off to work so quickly. Hull to beat Toon @ 2.3. Toon should have other things on their minds than the FA cup. Hull can happily enjoy their league status and take a cup run.

300 @ 2.3

NeilThe Beaver
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby NeilThe Beaver » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:30 pm

Bank 993.75 ( i think)

BOTW

UTD v Chelsea Draw @ 3.2 300 Defeat could take either team out of the premiership running, and neither have been convincing over the last couple of weeks. Utd have good home form Chelsea have good away form. All square at Old Trafford

NeilThe Beaver
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby NeilThe Beaver » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:15 pm

Was really starting to enjoy this until work went mental nad and have next to no time to really look at the games :x

Missed yesterday completly so today, Im going for Draw/West Ham On the HT.FT market. 200 @ 5.5

Close balance 593.75

NeilThe Beaver
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby NeilThe Beaver » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:01 am

:shock:

I won

:shock:

200 @ 5.5 returns 1100

My post says that i made the bet after kick off, but i didnt!!

New total 1793.75 inc top up