11.10.08 bet of the day

wasimbutt2007
Group 2 Class
Tips

11.10.08 bet of the day

Postby wasimbutt2007 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:20 pm

ROMANIA VS FRANCE

Great betting option. Met only few months ago in Euro 2008 where they both drew in neutral venues. Many expected the French win but will be surprised how much Romania have improved in last few years.
France are not at their best and with key players out of form or heading into retirement, they will struggle against one of the many improving Eastern european teams over in Romania. They are showing good progress domestically with Steaua Bucharest and Cluj making champions league with the latter winning at Roma and holding Chelsea. France are on the downward spiral and I can only see one result
Romania to win at 21/10 generally looks the best bet.

stephenbriant
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby stephenbriant » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:58 pm

Hmm, i can see where your coming with the improvements of Romania and France seem to be less effective than before but i still dont see this as a Romania win in my opinion. I much prefer the odds of evens on Italy to beat Bulgaria or 11/4 for Norway to beat Scotland

betking
Stallion
Tips

Postby betking » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:11 pm

I backed Romania to beat Lithuania last time, they got thumped 3-0, and they followed that up by beating the Faroe Islands 1-0. Yes, 1-0. I know they had some players missing, but I wont back them in a hurry anytime soon, despite the fact they were vastly under-rated last season.

Good luck though :)
Michelle Larcher de Brito - World Number One 2012 (c)2008

Ok so I said that 4 years ago, slightly wrong, wasnt I? Hahaha

madbobmagee
At Stud
Tips

Postby madbobmagee » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:35 pm

I wouldn't be backing Norway to beat anybody. Norway only drew with us (Ireland) in a friendly and they were terrible for most of the game, we weren't much better either tbh but I wouldn't put any of my cash on them anway.

robbie08
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby robbie08 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:42 pm

Scotland will beat Norway on Saturday, they are 11-10. Bulgaria are a great bet btw (3-1) at home to beat Italy who limped to a victory against Cyprus.

betking
Stallion
Tips

Postby betking » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:46 pm

A depleted Scotland "will" beat a Norway side who can't afford to lose? And you reasoning being?

robbie08
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby robbie08 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:07 am

Scotland can afford to lose can they? they have 3 points from two games.
If they contain Carew they should win this easy enough. Fletcher, who is better in my opinion, comes in for Ferguson, and Robson is in there too. I wouldn't say they are too depleted. We all seen how good Scotland were for Euro qualifiers at Hampden. Show a bit of solidarity for your fellow Scots mate, at least they give it all on the pitch, unlike England.

betking
Stallion
Tips

Postby betking » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:48 pm

Scotland can afford to lose can they? they have 3 points from two games.
If they contain Carew they should win this easy enough.
Its a big "if" though isnt it?
Fletcher, who is better in my opinion, comes in for Ferguson, and Robson is in there too. I wouldn't say they are too depleted
They're still depleted and it'll still affect them.
We all seen how good Scotland were for Euro qualifiers at Hampden
"Were" being the key word. What have Scotland done under Burley? Nothing impressive that Ive seen. They did well in the last qualifying campaign, but that was under a different manager.
Show a bit of solidarity for your fellow Scots mate, at least they give it all on the pitch, unlike England.
England/Scotland rivalry has nothing to do with my post, and I dont feel any negativity towards Scotland so your point here is irrelevant.

robbie08
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby robbie08 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:00 pm

Fair enough on your points Betking. Wasn't meaning to suggest you had any negativity towards anyone.

Burley got Ipswich promoted to the Prem in 2000, finished 5th in their 1st season, qualified for Europe and he won manger of the year that season 2000-2001. Fair enough losing against Macedonia was bad but they bounced back well to win in Iceland. Burley's got the credentials, I think he is a fine manager.

They are not letting us use the internet in blasted work anymore so I'm only writing this now. I wish you the best of luck with your bets tomorrow man.

John Mac, as for 95% of teams not being able to contain Carew, that basically means he has scored against every Premier team he has played against. He's physical (and I'm a villa fan) but Scottish defenders lap those strikers up. Caldwell (forgot Mcmanus was suspended) will do a job on him tomorrow.

robbie08
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby robbie08 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:31 pm

John Mac, True enough. Like Paul Merson said, he's like Pele meets Maradona meets Bambi on Ice! Best of luck with your bets tomorrow man.

stephenbriant
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby stephenbriant » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Also having watched the game, Thought Scotland missed the sitter of the century i feel Norway had much more chances and deserved to win the game.