UFC -price dropping

betking
Stallion
Tips

Postby betking » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:54 pm

You've again completely missed my point. Re-read the previous post, I cant make it any simpler.

Or we could just give up on this, as we're not going to agree.
Michelle Larcher de Brito - World Number One 2012 (c)2008

Ok so I said that 4 years ago, slightly wrong, wasnt I? Hahaha

ironlion
Handicapper
Tips

Postby ironlion » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:54 pm

Ok. Have a good night.

manafana
Stallion
Tips

Postby manafana » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:06 am

i think some respect should be given to more senior memebers ironlion.

jwoody
Stallion
Tips

Postby jwoody » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:40 am

Betking, some of the points Ironlion made may have been exaggerated to make his point, but please try and use more tact when pointing out errors or disagreeing with someones opinion. Also, stop shouting with caps lock!

Bear in mind that Ironman did state it as his opinion, he's entitled to share his, as you are too, but maybe next time leave out the:
VERY misleading, as well as being completely untrue
In my opinion that's verging on being challenging to another forum member, you could have said it in a much nicer tone. Feel free to get your point across, but maybe reword it to be more humble.

Ironlion, please don't state something as fact if you're not 100% it's true. Also, no shouting with caps lock!
Catch yourself on.
I'm not sure what this means, but it sounds inflaming in the context it was used, in my opinion. If it was meant to be inflaming towards Betking, please choose your words more carefully as inflaming comments won't be tolerated on this forum.

It seems to me that you both interpreted the fight in different ways and are choosing to disagree with each other based on that. Can you two agree to disagree and leave it at that please.

betking
Stallion
Tips

Postby betking » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:16 am

I could've said it in a nicer tone perhaps, but the basic message would still be the same and I stand by it.

As for " Can you two agree to disagree and leave it at that please", we already did that last night :? As far as I was concerned the matter was closed, and didnt need re-opening :?

But regardless, I shall reiterate the matter is closed :)

ironlion
Handicapper
Tips

Postby ironlion » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:37 pm

manafana

I think you should look at both sides of the argument instead of siding with someone just because of how long they have been here.

"Ironlion, please don't state something as fact if you're not 100% it's true. Also, no shouting with caps lock!"

Thats a fair point but I didn't make a huge factual error, and find it hard to believe that extra 30 seconds would have influenced anybody against doing the bet ,if they were going to do it based on what I said. Maybe I am wrong.

jwoody , I appreciate your trying to take a balanced view but as betking said, we have already agreed to let it go.

After all that, I was wrong anyway. Lesnar won a decision!

betking
Stallion
Tips

Postby betking » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:32 pm

Looking back I could - and should - have reworded my original post. I still think that I fialed to get my main point across, which in turn is what caused the thread to go spiralling downwards. Regardless, theres no hard feelings on my part.

Was a solid fight though, Lesnar still needs work, but he proved himself a lot last night.

ironlion
Handicapper
Tips

Postby ironlion » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:36 pm

Big time. I was very impressed with him. Monster

jwoody
Stallion
Tips

Postby jwoody » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:31 pm

Group hug!!! Group hug!!! :kiss: