bet365 have limited my account (no deposits) due to responsible gambling

mrbetter
2yo
Tips

bet365 have limited my account (no deposits) due to responsible gambling

Postby mrbetter » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:49 pm

Hello.

I've started using bet365 recently and I won some money ( amount: 2 net profit ) and then lost some money ( amount: 3 loss ) so I am with a total of 1 loss. During this time I have changed back and forth my betting limits in the Responsible Gambling features of the site. Then I had a live chat with a service agent and something I said has made him think I have a problem with gambling according to their Responsible Gambling Policy. I am frustrated by that. Where in the terms and conditions (please give me a link) is stated that they can limit my account if they think I have a gambling problem. These features that they have provided in their website should be used on my own will and discretion I think. Now I am expecting a call from the on my phone because they consider this cannot be discussed over live chat to clarify things. Until then I cannot deposit a penny. Has anyone else had a similar experience and where is it described in their Help page that they can do that?

Thanks

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: bet365 have limited my account (no deposits) due to respons

Postby PompeyJim » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:04 am

Hi,

I have not experienced a similar issue but I would imagine bet365 are acting responsibly in their duties in particular as it's "Gambleaware and Responsible Gambling Week".

They do make reference to a 24 hour waiting period after requesting an increase in deposit limits -

https://help.bet365.com/en/responsible- ... ount#16440

"If you wish to increase a limit you will need to wait 24 hours before we action your request and then return to our site to confirm that you still want to increase it."

I did work for a main high st bookmaker for 12 years and social responsibility is key day to day to ensure customers continue to enjoy their betting experience and that would apply in shop or online, I understand your frustration but at the same time the bookmaker have a duty of care as regards gambling responsibly.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

mrbetter
2yo
Tips

Re: bet365 have limited my account (no deposits) due to respons

Postby mrbetter » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:20 am

In the time being I cannot make any deposit and hence cannot bet and just waiting for their call that is supposed to check if I am "in control of my bets".