Advice: What would you do

ragnarok
Listed Class
Tips

Postby ragnarok » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:04 am

Can you think of someone who has the biggest influnence on you and therefore you cannot allow youreself to lose that person? I always remember that there is one person I fully put my trust to when I am down. I do anything she says, no questions, I give myself away to that person, because I know she wants my best and has better judgement...

You will do fine!

EdwardFigueroa
Listed Class
Tips

Postby EdwardFigueroa » Sat May 16, 2015 5:10 am

Exactly, if you love your family then stop now !!!!!!!!
It becomes addictive for you. You choose a different hobby to take your mind off.

JHarpin7
Handicapper
Tips

Postby JHarpin7 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 pm

Well all I can say is I\'ve failed really badly. I think I\'m so money obsessed that i gamble to try to pay for things instead of just paying.. I booked a holiday to Austrlia back in Febuary and ever since I\'ve planned to take 2k and have 3k when I come home however that plan and the money I wanted to come back too has gone out the window. I\'ll be lucky to come back to 1k why? Because I\'ve tried to win money to make sure I\'d come back to 3k.. What is wrong with me.. Why can\'t I just be happy with what I have.. I\'m 27 have a mortgage on a beautiful house an amazing girlfriend however I\'m so down and negative. I can\'t say I\'m overly happy with my job and feel a little stuck at the minute.. Gambling is taking over again and I\'ve lost around 1k today! Just writing it makes me feel sick :( I\'m at my wits end please help!

FLOPPYJOE
Handicapper
Tips

CHANGE SPORTS.

Postby FLOPPYJOE » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:36 pm

You need to change your mindset.Instead of gambling with a slim chance of winning start to gamble so you have a 100% chance of winning.Firstly change sports,start to bet on Tennis,only two possible results player a or player b.Forget Corals as they have a ruling that could lose you money if a player retires.The awful thing about it is you simply won't last long before you get your accounts closed or heavily restricted.Bookmakers are seeing you as a mug punter at the moment and will willingly take your bets but once you start to win they will close you down.Dont look to make a massive profit,if you can win £10 a bet it soon adds up.It all boils down to the odds on offer.If William Hill go 11/10 Player A and bet365 go 11/10 player b you can easily see that £100 on each player will get you back £210 so a definite £10 profit whoever wins the match.Boylesports are pathetic and drop some right howlers so make sure you have an account with them but don't expect it to last long.Too many punters think they can beat the bookies but when you hear of people saying that they have had £1k on then it is blatantly clear that you are a loser because people who know what they are doing struggle to get bets of £20 on.You seriously need to change your betting practises if you intend carrying on because you will lose everything if you carry on as you are.Start to look at gambling as a way to make money rather than to lose it and ALWAYS cover your bet.Hope this helps a bit mate.There will be others on here who think my ideas are hard work,but the one thing i will guarantee is that you won't end up in the poor house and you will definitely WIN money.Learn the odds inside out so if Player A is 4/5 but Player B is 7/4 that is still a bet,you need to be quick as betting in play odds change at every point won.Once you master the odds it is a challenge to stuff the bookies and as i say you will never lose as long as you cover both players.Good luck.

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:55 am

Well all I can say is I\'ve failed really badly. I think I\'m so money obsessed that i gamble to try to pay for things instead of just paying.. I booked a holiday to Austrlia back in Febuary and ever since I\'ve planned to take 2k and have 3k when I come home however that plan and the money I wanted to come back too has gone out the window. I\'ll be lucky to come back to 1k why? Because I\'ve tried to win money to make sure I\'d come back to 3k.. What is wrong with me.. Why can\'t I just be happy with what I have.. I\'m 27 have a mortgage on a beautiful house an amazing girlfriend however I\'m so down and negative. I can\'t say I\'m overly happy with my job and feel a little stuck at the minute.. Gambling is taking over again and I\'ve lost around 1k today! Just writing it makes me feel sick :( I\'m at my wits end please help!
Stop... just stop right now. It's not normally the place for one person to tell another what to do but this is your thread and if all the info on it from when you started it is correct then you are UNABLE to control your gambling. Contact Gamcare, and or Gambleaware, or Gamblers Anonymous (links earlier in this thread). The issue is clear - you have no control and so if you do not STOP then you will be in serious trouble. You don't seem to be an unintelligent person, and so you will clearly know right from wrong, and that is happening is, for you, wrong.

Get help, my friend. You cannot do it alone.
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

JHarpin7
Handicapper
Tips

Postby JHarpin7 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:21 am

The thing is mate I don\'t want to tell anyone what\'s been going on.. Feel a bit ashamed to be honest and weak that this has happened. It\'s embarrassing. I just feel so negative all the time. I constantly go on about what money I have and it takes over! Sometimes I wish I had nothing saved as I wouldn\'t maybe worry. I don\'t know how I got like this.

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:50 pm

The thing is mate I don\'t want to tell anyone what\'s been going on.. Feel a bit ashamed to be honest and weak that this has happened. It\'s embarrassing. I just feel so negative all the time. I constantly go on about what money I have and it takes over! Sometimes I wish I had nothing saved as I wouldn\'t maybe worry. I don\'t know how I got like this.
This is a step you will have to take if you'd like to get your life back on track. If you're feeling weak and embarrassed, then use those and turn it into the strength of resisting. It's an old cliche, but still valid in any form of addiction: "Admitting it is the first step". Using Gamcare or GA it stays anonymous. Only they need to know but you get the chance to open up and admit, to yourself through them, that you have an issue you need help in resolving.

The alternative to that is you continue on the path you are currently on, and that is the path you want to be off.

Good luck.
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

martinr
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby martinr » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:26 pm

I can promise and assure you that as soon as you do open up to someone, whether it be a counsellor or a family member, then all you will feel is relief. There is no shame in what you have done or in what you are going through.
Men with bigger reputations than any of us on here have gone through exactly the same thing that you are now going through. Help is available. Please take the first step and contact someone now if you haven't yet.

martinr
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby martinr » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:57 pm

..I booked a holiday to Austrlia back in Febuary..

Does that say Austria or Australia?
If it is Australia, and if you are still planning to go, you might find it easier to talk to someone away from home. You won't have any problems finding assistance in Australia, and I can help with pointing you in the right direction.
Also, if you want to chat in private, then PM me. I've been where you are now and I know how hard it can be to take that first step in seeking help. My waking hours are a bit erratic, so if you do PM me a reply might not be immediate but I will reply.
All the best.