I am a Compulsive Gambler

jaw102
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby jaw102 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:20 pm

Wow Cur

Never seen that coming m8, always thought you studied and had a staking plan. Just goes to show that even the best have tough times. One thing people should learn from this brave statement is, stick to your staking plan at all cost, dont chase as you will always have bad days and losing streaks, try and not keep alot of £ in your accounts, put a max you can deposit on those accounts so you dont find yourself chasing.

I play alot of poker and a wise old man told me, put a note on your laptop, saying " dont chase as there is always another day" and that is very true.

God bless CUR top man, who will be missed on the forum. Hope all works out m8. :kiss:

MadScot
At Stud
Tips

Postby MadScot » Wed May 18, 2011 11:11 pm

Yeah what every1 else has said curwinkle m8,all the best and gl... :win:

cantino
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby cantino » Thu May 19, 2011 9:45 am

Hope things work out, all the best.

curwinkle
Stallion
Tips

Postby curwinkle » Sat May 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Just want to thank you all for the kind words, everyones been really supportive, just wish I'd not been so foolish to let this thing drag on.

I havent had a bet now since the 3rd of this month. Been to GA for the last 3 weeks, gave my first therapy/confession last week. Hard work to say the least, my family are also fully supportive and are attending gamanon too. They tell me they dont mind but wish I hadnt put them through this.

Thanks again

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Sat May 28, 2011 3:25 pm

Well done curwinkle.
Don t think you was foolish, its a hobby got out of hand..

Yes GA help people they helped me, after bout 10 visits.
Hardest bit was to admit it, think that was on my 4th visit.
After that you feel relieved..

Did it for my girlfriend, who am still with to, thanks to GA.. :win: :yes:

x punter now, just fun bets for me.. :)

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Sat May 28, 2011 4:45 pm

A supportive and understanding family is better than any big priced winner you may back :yes:

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Sat May 28, 2011 5:22 pm

Agree :win: With the executioner.
That helped me win my battle.
Better than a big price winner.. :yes:

BlueConrad
Group 1 Class
Tips

It's Part Of The Route

Postby BlueConrad » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi Curwinkle,

This thing normally happen all the time.

Happily getting (too much) interested and over paying attention into an interesting subject - is absolutely normal. However, if this is causing an upset on certain matters, its okay - apply the golden act.

THE GOLDEN ACT - firstly, carry on doing at 70% rate. Secondly, lessen to 50%, then 30%... till its not overly done. Then things would start to become... wee wheew. ..

Not to worry, you are not alone. :yes:

brasco03
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby brasco03 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:57 am

Hey brother I feel like you also,my problem was I made tons of money priorly and so I kept me doing it time after time but now has come the time to stop because even when I bet after studying everything like you strange things happened to me and some of my bets like the recent costa rica match were rigged in a heavy way but I thought due to their prior form and that they wanted the win badly and their best stricker being fit it would be an easy win for them and it ended 1-1 and I am tired of seeing matches being rigged.they disallowed 1 goal which for me should have stood and then my bet would have won so this is what I say about the Costa Rica match :lose: plus that match must have stopped and started 1000 times great way to rig a match and with mexico playing later that morning thats proberbly why my match got rigged so they just make more cash
So I know how you feel and I am gonna replace gambling with maybe my rc flying hobby or I will go mad cause I used to think this week I will make money with this and the next with that and they were always great choices I made I think it got bad cause I began to bet big and won loads and have now also lost to much
but hey I am in the same boat mate stay strong and replace gambling with something else you love and good luck to you and me we both need it :win: :cool:

Taylor drift
2yo
Tips

Postby Taylor drift » Thu May 17, 2012 10:23 am

If you want to overcome from this problem then you must think positively in this direction.Be firm on your decision and consult to councilor for your help.Through his guidance you can overcome from this problem.

Liverpool1985
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Liverpool1985 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:04 am

Had an encounter tonight that brought me to this area of the forum. I ran in to an old betting associate. He is much older than me and probably in his late 30s by now. I haven't seen him in 3 years and after a 10 minute catch up it's scary how much someones llife can change in just 3 years.

Take my life. In the last 3 years these are the major things to happen:
1. Proposed to my Long Term Girlfriend
2. Had 2 Promotions At work

That's it! Simple right? This guy was married which I knew, his Wife has now left him. And taken his 4 kids to. He is now living with his Mother as he lost the House, his job and his car! Turns out he had a major major gambling problem and was almost Quarter of a Million in Debt! WTF? His Depression saw him off work and they eventually made him "redundant". Think he felt it was more personal. He looked well though. He said 12 months ago his GP recommended he undergo Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. He was referred on the back of his Depression. But apparently this has completely removed his urge to Bet at all. Hasn't had a bet in 12 months now, although he is still looking for a new job. Said he couldn't believe the therapy has had an effect on him like this.

Just thought I would post up. No idea what Cognitive Therapy really is but strange how his urge to gamble which even lost him his family and home was finally cured by Therapy he was referred to on the back of Depression. He seemed happy anyway. Considering what he has lost as well. I didn't ask him but I am guessing he probably had to declare himself bankrupt, not the best question to ask having not seen him for so long!

boroks
Listed Class
Tips

Postby boroks » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:47 am

Very inspiring post. Something we can learn from! Thanks Bro! :win: