Bookie settled a win bet as a lose

redfm
2yo
Tips

Bookie settled a win bet as a lose

Postby redfm » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:08 pm

Hi Guys

I am looking for a bit of advice please, i did a Baseball bet last night online with a certain bookmaker on Cleveland Indians @ Chicago Cubs, that chicago cubs would win, it was a very tight game but cubs ran out winners in the end 6-5!

When i went to my account histery it was setteled as a loser, for what i would call one of the big player's in the bookie world would this happen often an is it acceptable in your eyes. I can see an understand mistakes are made but when it deals in money matters should this happen, do they have things in place to prevent all this?

I would allways check myself the results which i am lucky i did our i would have taken it i had lost, but it was a saturday night an i may have had a few drinks in me an thought no more about it.

Should i complain to them over this our would it be a one of mistake? all your feedback is wellcome. Thanks lads!

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Contact them!
Positions are available in the OLBG Lottery syndicate. Wanna join? Please PM me for info.

redfm
2yo
Tips

Postby redfm » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:34 pm

I did right away after the game last night an it was change to a win bet, i was more looking for advice on do mistakes like win bets being setteled as losers happen often our would it be a big mistake on there part

Dammo Qwirky
Stallion
Tips

Postby Dammo Qwirky » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:47 pm

ive had a few over the years against me and a few for me which i kept my mouth shut about! pays to keep an eye on yer bets. last week i bet with extrabet and a winning bet just disappeared from my account. couldnt do a thing about it as i had no record. they said they could find no record of it.
Positions are available in the OLBG Lottery syndicate. Wanna join? Please PM me for info.

Andy4Fingers
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Andy4Fingers » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:33 pm

It's happened a couple of times to me that a winner has been settled as a loser, but never the other way round.
I had a similar experience as you too Dammo, but with betdirect. Now I always take screenshots of the bet and the reference.

redfm
2yo
Tips

Postby redfm » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:46 pm

Its commen then, we really are up against it against the bookies it seems most the rules are in there favour in every sence

no point in complaining then ye think lads, they must be aware of it as ye pointed out across a few bookies

The Shark
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Shark » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:26 am

The bookies are processing millions of transactions a day, and from our own experience with the tipster competition, its mighty tough to get it correct 100% of the time. Especially when times, dates change and especially on sports like baseball when the same teams play each other several times within a short time period and the matches of course take place in different time zones (we often regret ever adding baseball to the tipster comp!! :)).

I doubt very much that its anything but genuine errors.

To be safe, take screenshots or at the very least, record bet transaction numbers and the details of your bets. AND of course double check that all your bets are processed correctly

nelix847
Stallion
Tips

Postby nelix847 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:52 pm

I got a mestake with laddies web site once when i had an account open with them. One day I went to put some money in but had to check my ballence about 500 times as they made a mestake by depositing me £250 for note and i didnt even place a bet. I phoned them up as i dint want to pay it back at a later date if they found out so i phoned them and told them of the mestake and they checked my account and they where gob smacked and couldnt thank me enougth for telling them so they left me £100 as a thank you.

regnerskont
2yo
Tips

Postby regnerskont » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:21 am

what bookie is this? I know 5 dimes could grade wagers wrongly to newcumbers.