At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Football One A Day Competition > September '21 > 3 Prizes

Postby Hogsback » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:43 am

Welcome to the September edition of the 2021 One A Day Competition

This competition is very simple to Play -

Please find below the Guidelines for the Competition

Participation
Anyone can join this Competition at any time.

Prizes
There are 3 Prizes each and every month as follows:

Winner - £10
2nd Placed Runner Up - £5
3rd Placed Runner Up - £5

Format & Rules

A match will be selected per day from any League or Cup Competition anywhere in the World and you have to Predict the following:

1x2: Who will win the match or will it be a draw
HT/FT: Who will be winning at half time and full time or will it be a draw
Overs/Unders: Will there be more than 2.5 goals scores or less
Correct Score

In addition to predicting the above you will need to give at least 4 separate reasons as to why you have made the predictions on the basis that if you have predicted the home team to win that your other 3 predictions would reflect this.

You do not have to give 4 separate reasons for each prediction

*** Anyone that does not put any effort in or writes abc will win because I support them etc or copies and pastes things from other sites WILL NOT be considered ***

All scores are 90+ mins only - extra time does not count

Please make sure that your entries have the required content and are written in the English Language and have to contain at least "60 words".
Any prediction not containing at least ''60' Words'' (''59' Words'' DON'T Count - ''60 - 1000 Words DO'') Will 100% NOT BE SCORED, No Excuses !!!!.

Posts MUST be submitted ''5' minutes'' before the designated Kick Off Time to count.

No Editing of posts:
If you have made an error in your original post then kindly repost the entry or make a clarification in a new post rather than editing the original post. Edited posts will not be scored.
========================================

Scoring System;....

1X2: 10ts
HT/FT: 10pts
Overs/Unders:5pts
Correct Score: 10pts

If you manage to predict all 4 correctly there will be an additional 15 points awarded

The person who gains the most points during the month wins; in the event of a tie we will have a single match playoff

The following template MUST be used for your Predictions:

1X2 - Name of team to win or draw
HT/FT - Y/Y or X/Y or Draw/Y etc
Overs/Unders - Overs or Unders
Correct Score - 2-1 or 1-1 etc

Followed by your reasoning

Note;....
Games will be Posted by 19:00pm for the following day along with an up-to-date table. If there is No Game Posted by 19:00pm, Then Please feel free to pick a Game to keep the Competition running smoothly and the 1st Game Posted will be the Selected/Designated Game.
(But, Please ensure a minimum of 8' Hours to allow Members Time to Post their Predictions.)

Hosts for 2021 One A Day Comp

January > nawoo
February > The Snail
March > The Snail
April > Hogsback
May > nawoo
June > Rachace
July > Rachace
August > Rachace
September > Hogsback
October > nawoo
November > nawoo
December > Hogsback

If any other member wants to lend a helping hand, kindly get in touch with the designated host. The same applies for the hosts, in case you are unable to host for any reason then kindly inform others so that someone can ensure continuity of this great comp.

**********************************************************************************************************

Hogsback
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Football One A Day Competition > September '21 > 3 Prizes

Postby Hogsback » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:33 am

Next Games

Game 1’ – Wednesday 1st September – World Cup 2022 Qualifier – Russia v Croatia – 19:45 – Sky

Game 2’ – Thursday 2nd September – World Cup 2022 Qualifier – Hungary v England – 19:45 – ITV

Friday 3rd September – No Game

Dave1962
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Dave1962 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:14 pm

Game 1’ – Wednesday 1st September – World Cup 2022 Qualifier – Russia v Croatia – 19:45 – Sky

1x2: Russia
HT/FT: Russia / Russia
Over/Under: Over
Correct Score: 2-1

These two teams currently top the group having both won two games and one defeat. The two wins that Croatia have had were both at home with their defeat coming away at Slovenia. Russia have only played the one game at home which they won against Slovenia 2-1. Their one defeat came away at Slovakia. At the Euro’s Russia failed to get out of the group stage and after Croatia got out of their group they fell at the first hurdle with an extra-time defeat by Spain. After a disappointing Euro’s Russia will be looking to get a good result here which would give them a chance of qualifying for next year’s World Cup.

Game 2’ – Thursday 2nd September – World Cup 2022 Qualifier – Hungary v England – 19:45 – ITV

1x2: England
HT/FT: England / England
Over/Under: Under
Correct Score: 0-2

Having reached the final of the Euro’s, only to lose to Italy, England will now have their eyes on World Cup glory in Qatar. They have started the qualifying campaign well with three straight wins and will be looking to keep that momentum going against Hungary. One thing England will want to avoid tonight is defeat as that would see Hungary move above them in the table. The chances of that are slim as Hungary failed to get out of the group stage at the Euro’s. If England play as they did in the euro’s then by the end of this game they should be one step closer to playing in next year’s tournament and will hopefully be back to keeping a clean sheet.

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:36 am

Game 1 – Wednesday 1st September
World Cup 2022 Qualifier – Russia v Croatia – 19:45 – Sky

1X2: Draw
HT/FT: Draw/Draw
Correct Score: 1-1

Three of the four previous head to head meetings between these two nations have ended in a share of the spoils they last met in the Quarter Finals of the 2018 World Cup. Two wins from three for both to open this World Cup qualification group and I fancy they cancel each other out tonight at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow.

———————————————————————————-

Game 2 – Thursday 2nd September –
World Cup 2022 Qualifier – Hungary v England – 19:45 – ITV

1X2: England
HT/FT: Draw/England
Correct Score: 1-2

You have to go back to 1962 for the last time Hungary beat England and The Three Lions have opened Group I with three wins from three. The Hungarians sit second with seven points, unbeaten scoring ten goals and I fancy they give Gareth Southgate’s side a good game in Budapest. The last head to head was 2-1 to England and I am siding with the BTTS win for the Euro 2021 runner ups.
7-Time ‘Hit The Net’ Challenge Winner
2017 Golf Showdown Winner
Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram - @SOC300

Delboy980
Legend
Tips

Postby Delboy980 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:29 am

Game 1’ – Wednesday 1st September – World Cup 2022 Qualifier – Russia v Croatia – 19:45

1X2 Draw
HT/FT Draw/ Draw
UNDER/OVER Under
CORRECT SCORE 1-1

Russia has won 2 drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 5 matches played and are 2nd in Group H with 6 points after 3 group games played losing their last match played 1-4 against Denmark. Croatia has won 1 drawn 1 and lost 3 of their last 5 matches played and sit 2nd in Group H losing their last game played in extra time 3-5 against Spain. These 2 nations met in the ECQ in 2006/07 when both matches played ended in a draw 0-0, the most previous meeting was in 2018 in the WOC where again it finished in a draw 2-2 with Croatia winning on penalties. I am taking this match to end in another draw tonight

Delboy980
Legend
Tips

Postby Delboy980 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:54 am

Game 2’ – Thursday 2nd September – World Cup 2022 Qualifier – Hungary v England – 19:45

1X2 England
HT/FT England / England
UNDER/OVER Under
CORRECT SCORE 0-2

Hungary has won 1 drawn 3 and lost 1 of their last 5 matches played, and sit 2nd in Group I with 7 points after 3 Group games played drawing their last match played 2-2 against Germany. England has won 4 and lost 1 and sit Top of Group I with 9 points after 3 Group games played losing their last match played on penalties after drawing 1-1 against Italy. The last 6 head to heads has all been friendlies from 1990 to 2010 with England winning 5 and drawing once against Hungary. I am taking England to win this match tonight.

Dundeeman
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Dundeeman » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:16 am

Draw
Draw-draw
Under
1-1

These teams sit in the top two positions in the group with two wins and a loss after three games. Russia’s defeat came in their last match away to Slovakia though they have a good record at home where they rarely lose qualifying games. Croatia are going for three straight wins in the group though have lost their only away game so far in Slovenia back in March. To sustain their qualifying chances I sense both teams will focus on avoiding defeat.

risto123
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby risto123 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:30 pm

1x2: Russia
HT/FT: Russia/Russia
Correct Score: 2-1

Russia hosts Croatia in the World Cup qualifers on wednesday evening. Neither team haven't been too sharp recently as Russia lost 2 and won 2 of the last 5 games while Croatia won just 1 and lost 3. Both sides also conceded 4 or more goals in their most recent match so i'd imagine they have had enough time in the summer in order to fix these leaking defenses. So far 3 of the 4 h2h games have been draws (after 90 minutes) so i expect to see another close game this time aswell with hosts maybe getting finally that first ever win against Croatia. Russia to win.

HT/FT: England/England
Correct Score: 1-2

Hungary hosts England in the World Cup qualifiers on thursday evening. Both sides have lost just 1 of the last 5 games but while England won other 4 matches Hungary wasnt that succesful cause they are winless in 4 games despite losing just 1 of them so after conceding in previous 3 matches their primary task should be fiximg this leaky defense. England may have lost first ever h2h encounter but have since won 6 of the 7 games incl previous 2 and that despite conceding in the last 3 meetings therefore i fancy them to get another positive result this time aswell. England to win.

nawoo
Stallion
Tips

Postby nawoo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:08 pm

World Cup 2022 Qualifier

Russia v Croatia

1x2.........Draw
HT/FT......Draw / Draw
O/U........Under
C S.........Russia 1 Croatia 1

Russia disappointed at Euro 2020, losing to Belgium and Denmark by margins of 3 goals with a narrow 1-0 win over Finland sandwiched in between.
Croatia progressed to the second round where they lost to Spain in extra time but they did come from 3-1 down to score twice in dying minutes which should give their confidence a boost given trips to Russia are not always easy and as 3 previous competitive outings between these two have ended in draws, I would not be surprised if this ends all square as well.

stretchpaul
At Stud
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:16 am

Draw
Draw/Draw
Over
2-2

A tough one to call but I do expect a few goals in this one.For each team they have been scoring and conceding plenty in recent matches.Croatia are missing Modric which always means a hard slog for them to win games if he isnt there and also Rebic too.Russia are without Dzybula up front.Both teams on 6 points and a loser will be playing catch up for later group matches.A draw seems probable then.

England
England/England
Under
0-1

The Euros seem a long time ago for me but England can start to make up for their cruel final loss.Hungary will not be easy as they held Germany and France to draws in their Euros campaign.We have a better team than Hungary and all we have to do is perform on the night to get the result.If we do perform I can see us doing a 1-0 narrow win job which would be fine by me.

Seymour Winners
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Seymour Winners » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:12 am

GAME 1

1X2.......DRAW

HT/FT......DRAW/DRAW

O/U.........UNDER

SCORE......0-0

I predict a bore draw. Neither side impressed me in the Euros.
Both sides appear to have problems within their ranks, if the media is to be believed.
Neither side can afford to lose, so it will be a very cautious game.
Croatia are without their most influential player, Modric, so there goes their chance of winning.
Both sides will set up not to lose and unless there is a moment of brilliance from somewhere, it will end 0-0

ju29ro
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby ju29ro » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:24 am

1x2: Croatia
HT/FT: Draw/Croatia
Correct Score: 0-1

Russia seems to be very far from the top which has played a brilliant World Cup at home in 2018 and I don't think they will be able to fight vs an experienced and talented team like Croatia until the end of this group stage. Russia has certainly been one of the most disappointing teams at Euro 2020, having clearly lost vs Belgium (0-3) but also vs Denmark (1-4), while Croatia has at least been able to qualify to the 2nd stage and even take Spain to the penalties. This is the first match for national teams after more than 2 months and their rooster will probably be a bit different from the one which has played at Euro 2020, so I don't think we will see a spectacular game and a late goal by Croatia could be enough to win this match. Croatia can take a large lead with a win here and I think they will do it.

HT/FT: England / England
Correct Score: 0-3

England is leading this group on the road to Qatar 2022 despite having faced better teams than Hungary, so they can play this match without any pressure, knowing that a win would give them a huge advantage on the Hungarian team. England comes from a great European Championship and only penalties vs Italy haven't allowed them to "take it home", so this should give them a great confidence and motivation to start this new season in a convincing way. England has conceded just one goal in the first 3 matches of this group and their defense should concede no goal at all to Hungary despite playing away, while players like Kane, Sterling, Sancho and many others can score more than twice in this match: I think a 0-3 away win is likely.
OLBG Prize Money: 6195 £ (4th all-time :win: )
2019, 2020 Golf "Player of the Week" Winner :nap:
Football One a Day Winner: 2019-May, July, 2020-September, December :nap: