Postby mazeymay » Sun May 06, 2018 9:25 pm

Please post the date, ko time and league along with your selection
This is the final weekend for the 2017/18 underdog season

stretchpaul
At Stud
Tips

Re: May weekend £10 underdog competition week 2 for 11th,12th and 13th

Postby stretchpaul » Wed May 09, 2018 5:54 pm

The final week...expect a lot of people going for crazy prices to try to climb the league ladder to win a prize...however I will not be backing teams like Brighton,Leicester or Watford to win at high odds but a rather low key Europa League play offs from Belgium....the best of luck to everyone though!

Belgium Pro League
Lokeren v Beer Wilrijk
12th May 2018 19:00

This game is in fact a Europa League play off match that they have in Belgium at the end of regulation.2 groups of 6 teams compete and each group winner play each other for a play in Europe's 2nd best cup competition.In group A Waregem have already won their group and wait to see who wins from group B.There are 3 games still to play and Lokeren are top of the pile and will be looking to beat bottom placed Beerschot to put them as firm favorites to win the group.Beerschot have not won a group match and have little incentive to win this game.Should be a straightforward victory for Lokeren and I am surprised at the underdog price for them although only Unibet are offering right now odds as I type this.

Lokeren to win@3.50 (Unibet)

The Snail
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby The Snail » Thu May 10, 2018 12:13 pm

Portuguese Primera Liga
Benfica vs Moreirense
13th May 2018 18:00

28/1 - Coral

Good luck to those at the business end of the league. I toyed with the idea of picking a small underdog for the personal sense of achievement of finishing in profit, but the allure of a spectacular (if somewhat undeserved) big shock lifting me to the upper echelons of the league was just too much to resist!

Benfica have the look of a bottle job at the moment. They lost the crucial, title deciding head to head with Porto at home. They then needed a 90min winner against bottom of the table Estoril and lost 3 - 2 at home again to Tondela. A draw with Sporting has now put them in real danger of missing out on Champions League football.

Moreirense are almost safe, but a cruel turn of result I believe could see them relegated still so they will still be playing and could hit Benfica while they are down. They have lost the last two, but prior to that they had two wins and a draw so they are in reasonable form (for a team at the wrong end of the table) and therefore 28/1, whilst probably a fair representation of the league positions, could be a tad generous based on recent form.

weyayeman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Thu May 10, 2018 12:48 pm

I will stick with my usual selection methods in the final week of this competition and go for a team that will be carrying my hard earned cash,
I was tempted to go for Newcastle (5.50) again (and will be worth backing on the Asian Handicap) as I am sure they will put in a good performance on their last home game of the season, but I decided to look through the Thai football in my attempt to find a winning underdog for this last week of the competition and have finally opted for the game between:
Sukhothai v Bangkok Utd.

Sukhothai have lost 5 of their 14 games to date and currently sit in 6th position with a total of 21pts, due mainly to their home form, with 15 of their 21pts points coming from their 7 home games, with a record of W4 D3 L0

Bangkok Utd are currently 2nd in the league and are unbeaten away (W6 D1 L0) with only 2 of those game coming against top half teams resulting in 1 win & 1 draw

With only 6 goals conceded at home this season by Sukhothai and 6 goals conceded away by Bangkok Utd 6 this could be a close, low scoring game and the odds look high (141/50 marathon bet) for the home team considering they beat the current league leaders, Buriram 1-0, in their last home game. Hopefully they can put in another good home performance and fight out another narrow win.

Sukhothai to win at 141/50 or 3.82 Sunday 1:00pm
Thai Premier league

edandumdum
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby edandumdum » Fri May 11, 2018 3:04 pm

Italy Serie A. Sunday 13th May 2018.
Kickoff 1845 Hrs GMT Sampdoria vs Napoli.
Odds: Home 5.25 Draw 4.2 Away 1.61.
Napoli's title dream is all but over after earning one point from their two must win matches against Fiorentina and Torino. With Juventus needing just a draw from their match against As Roma to win the league,i feel Sampdoria will look to pile more misery on Napoli.
Sampdoria have lost three of their past five league matches. However,their home form this form has been fantastic. They have beaten the likes of Juventus,AC Milan and Fiorentina already this season.
Sampdoria to win @5.25. Odds from bet365.

davidg3907
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby davidg3907 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:43 pm

The likely candidates are not numerous, even allowing for final day turbulence in matches of little importance.

Leicester (much shorter now than before Wednesday), Huddersfield (can Arsenal maintain their unwanted 100% record of away defeats in 2018?), and Stoke are possibly the pick in the Premier League, but I fancy Derby to surprise Fulham having regained some decent form, particularly at home, and that coincides with a dip in Fulham's that saw them lose at Birmingham on the final day.

Friday Championship 19.45
Derby 3.25 Draw 3.40 Fulham 2.45
LAYING Taking it further
LAYING Delving deeper - NEW

FOOTBALL blogs under Blogs/Football
New RELEGATION diary in Blogs/systems

bluemal
Legend
Tips

Postby bluemal » Fri May 11, 2018 10:24 pm

Sunday 13th May
SCOTLAND: Premiership - Championship Group
Hibs V Rangers 12:30 KO

Rangers have to thank Hearts for beating Hibs on Wednesday as that secured Aberdeen and Rangers Europa league play off spot for next season , Rangers a win or draw will see Rangers go 2nd as long as Celtic beat Aberdeen a draw at Celtic Park will mean Rangers have to beat Hibs at Easter Road,

I can see wee Lennon will have Hibs right up for it as he just hates Rangers and with us having two players suspended I can see Hibs win but I don't really care as half our team will be gone when Gerrard comes in on 1st June as Manager , In H2H Hibs beat us twice this season at Ibrox and we beat them at Easter road with all 3 games over 2.5 goals

Unibet 2.70 - 3.45 - 2.48

Hibs @ 2.70

bigmoose
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby bigmoose » Sat May 12, 2018 1:27 am

Far too few meaningful matches in english football this weekend, but i've still found a pick i'm quite happy with (once i eventually turned down a big outsider in the hope of finishing in profit, as I dont actually have much confidence in Leicester away at the "run-out-of-legs-by-May-again" Spurs. Almost tempted though)

Scunthorpe vs Rotherham - League One play-off 1st leg Sat12th 12.30pm ko

Rotherham win @ 3.10 (bet365)

As form not hugely important I'll not go into too much depth. Scunthorpe are a good solid League One team. But Rotherham are better. And Scunny lost the home leg of their League One play-off semi last year. Scunthorpe have found a bit of recent form, after almost crashing and burning from an almost guaranteed play-off finish and then sacking their previous manager as recently as just 6 weeks ago. Rotherham have also only just recently recovered from a short dip in form, but that only happened when automatic promotion became impossible. But a bit longer term Rotherham have collected far more victories and points than Scunny, since Dec 2017 Rotherham have a better away record (7-2-3 WDL) than Scunthorpe's home record over the same period of time (4-4-4 WDL) . Only downside is Rotherham, as the away side, are brilliant at home so really won't be too unhappy with a draw in this two-legged affair. So DNB with my own money.
Steve

Crofty11
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Crofty11 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Very enjoyable season thanks in large part to this competition, have hugely enjoyed it even though I go through Mysterious runs of form and then lack of it. Big thanks to the organisers and all participants.

Mine is in Italy on Sunday at 2.00 verona V Udinese. Verona 6/1 Bet Victor

Verona are terrible picking up just 6 points from the last 10 games, they have been relegated and its a pretty poor show, so they are 6/1 to win at home against Udinese,udinese have been even worse than Verona 1 point from the last 10 games and 5 points from the last 15 games. So they come to play Verona and are 11/20 favourites. They will probably win given its Italian football, but I mis back Verona, even though they have the worst defence in the leauge.

Micky32
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Micky32 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:58 am

Sunday 13th May
SERIE A
KO 14.00

TORINO V SPAL

SPAL 3/1 with Bet Victor

Seems a decent enough price for a team that has won their last 2 games and only lost once since the 18th Feb. Torino havent had a great April and are not performing well having only won once in the last 6 games

inplayking
At Stud
Tips

Postby inplayking » Sun May 13, 2018 9:40 am

Really enjoyed this competition once I found it, will attempt to start from the beginning of the season next time!!

Huddersfield v Arsenal

Arsenal have the amazing away record since the new year and have the sort of players that won’t be too bothered about it, Wemgers last game will also take their minds away from the job and Huddersfield can finally play with a bit of freedom so 25/4 looks massively high to me

Huddersfield to win @ 25/4 with sportpesa

Devilimp
At Stud
Tips

Postby Devilimp » Sun May 13, 2018 2:05 pm

Spanish Segunda Division
Almeria vs Granada
KO Sun 13th May @ 1900hrs GMT

Almeria are only three points above the relegation zone, but they are unbeaten in their last two and it has been their home form that has kept them just above the drop zone. They have lost just three of their last 12 home games and all those defeats were against sides pushing for promotion, ie Rayo Vallecano (1st), Gijon (3rd) & Ossasuna (7th). Granada are 10th, six points off the playoffs, but they have won in just once in their last 10 and none of their last 6. They also really struggle on their travels, winning just 3 of 19. Therefore I think the odds for a home win look far too big and look the value.

Almeria to win 21/10 with bet365, BETDAQ & $markets