Football One A Day—March 2018 (3 prizes)

inplayking
At Stud
Tips

Re: Football One A Day—March 2018 (3 prizes)

Postby inplayking » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:02 pm

Game 30---Friday 30th March
England, Championship. 17.30 UK. Middlesbrough v Wolves

1x2: Middlesboro
HT/FT: Middlesboro/Middlesboro
Over/Under: Over
Correct Score: 3-0

Wolves looked like the Premiership was nailed on but lately they have wobbled and thrown a little doubt into the equation. Defeats at Villa and Fulham were sandwiched with a win at Leeds in their last 3 away games but Leeds produced the worst performance I've seen this season from a Championship side that day and anyone could have beaten them. At Villa Park Wolves were well and truly beaten and that was due, in the main, to Jack Grealish running at them and they didn't have a clue how to cope with that. Middlesboro are on fire at home with 4 consecutive victories and in Adama Traore they have a player who will do exactly what Grealish did, run at the defence and draw fouls galore. The H2H shows Middlesboro have won this fixture 7 out of the last 8 stagings. I think people will realise that Wolves are not what they seem and will again throw the automatic promotion place into doubt here.

steenie1
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby steenie1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:28 pm

Middlesbrough v Wolves
1X2: MIDDLESBROUGH
HT/FT: MIDDLESBROUGH/MIDDLESBROUGH
Over/Under: OVER
Correct Score : 2-1

The reasoning: April, 1951. Clement Attlee was Prime Minister, Harry Truman was the US President and All About Eve (starring the wonderful Bette Davis) had just picked up an Oscar for Best Picture. As the UK charts hadn’t yet started, I’ve no idea what was getting played on the ‘wireless’, but Perry Como’s If was topping the US Billboard charts. April 1951 was also the last time that Middlesbrough lost at home to Wolves---and since then, there have been 25 meetings in all competitions between them.
Wolves are currently sitting in a guaranteed promotion slot, at the top of the Championship standings, and 20 points ahead of 6th placed Middlesbrough---who are hanging there in the promotion play off places and haven’t lost in their last 6 games. Although Wolves won the reverse fixture in August 1-0, I think their transformation from mid-table mediocrities to potential Premier Leaguers (they finished 15th last season) has largely come about through acquiring their two on-loan strikers, Jota and Bonatini. And Jota is out injured. The GD stats from the last respective 5 games point to a 2-1 ‘Boro win to me. Boro’s are 11:5 (+6). Wolves are 10:7 (+3)

petethebet
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby petethebet » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:28 pm

Middlesbrough v Wolves
Away
Away/away
Over
1-2

Tony Pulis has put the Boro team back ontrack for promotion since his appointment but he faces a stiff task to tame the Wolve , the side with the best away record in the division. The Wanderers can deal a psychological blow to their promotion rivals if extending a good current run of form, they have bounced back from a loss at Midlands rivals Villa with two straight wins. Boro have won their last four athomebut this is a step up in class

petethebet
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby petethebet » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:30 pm

Apologies for delay, easter hols

The Snail
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby The Snail » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:21 pm

Apologies for delay, easter hols
that was worth waiting for Pete!

risto123
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby risto123 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:07 pm

Game 31---Saturday 31st March
England, Premiership. 15.00 UK. West Ham v Southampton

1x2: West Ham
HT/FT: West Ham/West Ham
Correct Score: 2-1

West Ham hosts Southampton in the league on saturday. The Saints may have lost just 1 of the last 5 matches but they have still won just 2 games on the road so far this season. Meanwhile West Ham or like we here Estonia call them - 'Lääne Sink' have won just 1 of the last 5 games and they have lost 3 in a row aswell. However atleast they have still lost just 1 of the last 5 homegames although that loss came in previous homegame... Both sides have won 4 of the last 11 h2h matches so i am expecting another close game this time aswell. So considering each teams recent home/away form i decided to go with the hosts. West Ham to win.

steenie1
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby steenie1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:50 pm

Results
Game 30– England, Championship. Middlesbrough v Wolves
1x2: WOLVES
HT/FT: WOLVES/WOLVES
Over/Under: OVER 2.5 Goals
Correct Score: Middlesbrough 1 –WOLVES 2
Wolves clearly hadn’t read the history books. Despite having 2 men sent off in the second half and being without their top striker, they got their first win at Middlesbrough since 1951. They were 2-0 up at half time, and that’s how it looked like finishing until Boro grabbed a last gasp consolation goal in injury time. Stellar tipping by Hazlewood86 and petethebet who got everything right (you both must have been thrilled by that late Boro goal!) and get 50 points apiece.

petethebet—50
Hazlewood86---50
inplayking ---5
Risto123---5
The Snail---5
steenie1---5
Delboy980---5
RACHACE---0
Stretchpaul---0
bluemal---no prediction
vicpoole1---no prediction
DREAM490---no prediction
nawoo---no prediction
HenryKing23---no prediction
Frudman17---no prediction
Scratville--- no prediction
Danbradley--- No prediction
HiggsBosunBlues1---No prediction

GAME 29 LEADERBOARD: Hazelwood86 almost has a firm grasp on this month’s laurel-leaf crown but it’s not quite over yet. The margin is only 45 points…and there’s 50 more available tomorrow. Theoretically, risto123 isn’t out of the win position---and neither are RACHACE and The Snail if they can get maximum points (and Hazlewood fails to score at all) and take it to a replay. Plus Stretchpaul and Petethebet can still get into the frame for second and third....and so too can inplayking if everybody else fails to score and gets max. ''Interessant'' (as they say in Bundesliga 2)

Hazlewood86---340
risto123 ---295
RACHACE---290
The Snail --- 290

Stretchpaul ---280
petethebet ---280
inplayking –275
Delboy980 ---235
steenie1 ---235
Bluemal ---225
HenryKing23 ---150
Frudman17---150
nawoo ---120
vicpoole1---100
Scratville ---80
Danbradley---50
HiggsBosunBlues1---30
DREAM490 ---25
*Any mess-ups, PM me.

Next games:

ADVANCE WARNING
I don’t want utter confusion by having to carry this on into April (hopefully not). I’ll get scores posted immediately after the West Ham v Southampton match on Saturday, but if a replay is needed to try and sort things out…
(Possible) Replay Saturday 31st March
USA, Major League Soccer. 20.00 UK. LA Galaxy v Los Angeles.

inplayking
At Stud
Tips

Postby inplayking » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:18 pm

1x2: Southampton
HT/FT: Southampton/Southampton
Correct Score: 0-3

The West Ham crowd could be the key here, if they get behind the team the Hammers could sneak this but if they turn on them, and it won't take much, we could see another disaster at the Olympic Stadium. So the first goal is going to be extremely important and West Ham rarely score first half goals, Southampton on the other hand do score a lot of their goals in the first 30 minutes and if they do that again the atmosphere could become very toxic. Mark Hughes will have his side revved up from the start and know how important that first goal will be and with Charlie Austin looking like he will be fit for this one I'm taking the visitors to triumph here.

stretchpaul
At Stud
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:34 am

1x2: West Ham
HT/FT: West Ham/West Ham
Correct Score: 2-1

Although West Ham have lost 3 games on the spin,Southampton have had 1 win in their last 17 league games.I know they have a new manager now but Mark Hughes is hardly a great choice and he will do well to keep them up to be honest.Both teams have conceded a lot of goals recently so I can see a few goals in this one.I am going for West Ham to beat Southampton at home in a probable ding dong match.

stretchpaul
At Stud
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:41 am

Possible) Replay Saturday 31st March
USA, Major League Soccer. 20.00 UK. LA Galaxy v Los Angeles.

1X2: Los Angeles
HT/FT: Los Angeles/Los Angeles
Under/Over: Over
Correct Score: 1-3

Galaxy have made a better start to the season than last when they finished bottom of their conference.This derby will see them up against the new team from Los Angeles.The new boys have started well too so this game is going to be a hard one to predict.I think the new players that Los Angeles have signed will put them in good stead for the season.They are already scoring a lot of goals and I think they can win this game well too.

RACHACE
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby RACHACE » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:45 am

Firstly well done to Hazelwood. It seems highly unlikely you'll be caught after the maximum in the last round so well done in advance. Good luck to all still in with a shout for a prize, it's been a very interesting competition this month. Thanks for scoring Steenie, it's never easy when there's a lack of matches to put up.

1x2: Draw
HT/FT: Draw/Draw
Over/Under: Under
Correct Score: 0-0

It's extremely important that Southampton do not lose this game today and new manager Mark Hughes will be very aware that a defeat here will see West Ham move 5 points clear of them. Keeping West Ham down fighting with them gives them a better opportunity of survival so I think that Mark Hughes will set Southampton up to be very difficult to break down. West Ham themselves have lost 4 of their last 5 and tempers keep flaring at the London Stadium which isn't helping their cause. I think a low scoring draw seems highly likely here and 3 of the last 5 away games for Southampton have finished as a draw so I'll go with 0-0 here.
Read my best bets for Man City v Brighton in the Premier League.
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413988

Hazlewood86
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Hazlewood86 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:56 am

1x2: Southampton
HT/FT: Southampton/Southampton
Correct Score: 1-2

We’re into squeaky bum time now! This is a horrible game to try to predict for the last game... well played steenie1!

West Ham have been pretty unpredictable at home recently, their last 6 home league games read W2 D2 L2. The last outing was a horror show, losing 3-0 at home to a Burnley side in poor form amidst mass protests from fans and fights on the pitch between players and fans! There are more fan protests planned before this game which won’t help the atmosphere in the ground or the confidence of the West Ham players. Southampton’s away form in the league has been really poor all season, only winning two games all season. However if you include their FA Cup run their away form in the last 5 games reads W3 D1 L1. This is the first league game in charge for new manager Mark Hughes and that usually gives the players and club a boost for the first few games as Saints showed by beating Wigan in the FA Cup quarter final in their last match. The lineups will be important for this game... Lanzini is a key player for the Hammers but is in doubt having picked up a knock on international duty and Saints could have top scorer Charlie Austin back but it’s not yet known whether he will be fit enough to start.

I fancy goals in this as both teams have to go for the win, especially considering they both have some really difficult fixtures remaining this season. Both teams will be low on confidence so I think this game will he decided by the first goal... if West Ham score it the fans will get behind them and Saints could capitulate, if Saints score first the atmosphere in the stadium could quickly turn toxic and that won’t help the West Ham players. It’s a really tough one to call but I’ll go for Saints to use that new manager magic to get the early goal and a 2-1 win.

Better start doing some research on the LA derby now just in case!