OLBG World Cup Draw and Rules

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

OLBG World Cup Draw and Rules

Postby danbradley » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:51 pm

With qualifying over, we now have the full lineup for the first OLBG World Cup, and the draw has been made!

With just 5 months to go until the World Cup, the preparation starts now!

Each of you has taken the place of one of the countries playing in the World Cup, for instance, Arniehi is in position A1, taking the place of Russia. His fixtures will be played on the same days as Russia play their matches during the group stage.

Every day of the World Cup we will have separate questions for those teams playing on that day, you'll each play three fixtures, and the top two from each group progress to the knockout rounds - exactly like the World Cup itself. In the case of a tie on points, teams will be separated in the same way as the World Cup - first goal difference, then goals scored, then on the head to head record of the teams. If we're still tied, I'll perform some sort of tie breaker which will be confirmed if we get to that point.

Each day's matches will feature at least four questions, often with some bonus questions which can give you an extra chance. Some will require you to be exactly right, meaning both players can 'score', others will require you to be closer than your opponent in order to 'score'. Details will be explained within the thread for that day's questions. In all cases where there is a dispute, my say will be final.

Please be mindful of when your fixtures are - there is plenty of time to make sure you know when you are playing! (Individual groups and fixtures to follow) I'll post each set of questions at least a few days in advance and as early as possible. In each case I will need answers sent to me either by PM on OLBG or by email, and this will need to be done by midnight on the night before the games. A number of the games are being played during the working day, and unfortunately I will have to work during the tournament, so this will allow me to post all of your predictions in advance so you can follow as the matches unfold.

At the moment, your team name is simply your OLBG username. If you'd like to come up with a team name just let me know and I'll get that sorted for you!

Any questions, let me know, otherwise, I'll see you in June!

Follow me on Twitter: @DanBradleyTips

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: OLBG World Cup Draw and Rules

Postby danbradley » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:54 pm

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby danbradley » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:57 pm

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby danbradley » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:59 pm

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby danbradley » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:02 pm

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Good stuff, Dan! Look forward to crossing swords with fellow OFL coaches, Hogsback and Brummie in this new arena! REALLY wanted Craigo, damnit - but that can wait! :P
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby danbradley » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:38 pm

Good stuff, Dan! Look forward to crossing swords with fellow OFL coaches, Hogsback and Brummie in this new arena! REALLY wanted Craigo, damnit - but that can wait! :P
You've got a tough group there with Redhammer a top football guy! We'll see if the guys with OFL experience have a slight advantage though...

reddevilfan
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby reddevilfan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:40 pm

Cool stuff Dan, do you know what are the prizes in this tournament?
“Pressure? What pressure? Pressure is poor people in the world trying to feed their families. There is no pressure in football†- Mourinho

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby danbradley » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:45 am

Cool stuff Dan, do you know what are the prizes in this tournament?
Not sure at the moment. Will get in touch with the powers that be and announce in due course :win:

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby danbradley » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:45 pm

If anyone fancies plotting their route to the final, this should help!

Any more team names let me know, I already have a team name for Jim Brown so get thinking everyone!

danbradley
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby danbradley » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:21 pm

I'm delighted to announce that the powers that be at OLBG has given a generous prize for this tournament:

1st: £30
2nd: £10
3rd: £10

One condition: You must place at least FIVE tips with comments on any market during the World Cup - this should be fairly easy to do with plenty of games that we will all have an opinion on! I'm sure most of us will do this anyway. If you don't, and you win, you won't qualify for a prize and it will instead go to the next player in the final standings.

It's only about 7 weeks until the tournament starts, so I'll be in touch in the coming few weeks with further details and timetables of when each set of questions will be released.

:win:

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Thu May 10, 2018 6:25 pm

Not long to go for this now, folks!

Looking forward to it! :win: :win:
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog