Tips

Re: November £10 underdog competition week 1 for 3rd,4th and 5th

Postby Matshopsy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:15 am

So'ron V Burnley
Saturday @ 3
EPL
Burnley to win @ 6.50
bet365

Was a little shocked when i saw these odds. Burnley are doing well and are in 7th place in the table. 3 points and 3 places above their opponants Southanmpton who have won only 2 out of their last 11 home games. Burnley have had some good away results most notably wins against Chelsea and Everton

bigmoose
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby bigmoose » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:53 am

Bristol City vs Cardiff - Sat5th 12pm ko (midday) Championship

Cardiff win @ 3.00

Two teams probably, or possibly, punching above their weight at the mo. So on pure 2017-18 form the odds probably look about right, hence more of a gut instinct and feeling that Bristol City are weaker than Cardiff, and not as good as the current table shows.

Bristol City were in the play-off places this time last year - 24 points from 15 games by the end of Oct16. The fixture list had been very kind to them, and come the end of the season they only narrowly avoided relegation by 3 points with just 54 points gained. Currently this season they're on 27 points (from 15) but have actually got results in some harder games, although it could be argued their only decent win this season was last weeks 2-0 away win at Fulham. Their other 6 wins have been Bolton, Barnsley, Reading, Sunderland, Ipswich & Derby. Although 4th in the league they're actually 7th favourites to be promoted at odds of 6.5 (WHill) compared to Cardiff's promotion odds of 2.50. City are 3-3-1 (WDL) at home this season. So yes i do think their current league position flatters them.

Cardiff, 2nd in the league, and 2nd favourites to be promoted, really seem to have clicked under Warnock. 9 wins this season including away at Wolves and Boro, and home to Aston Villa, Leeds and SheffU. They're 4-1-2 (WDL) on the road this season and I really see against the more lightweight passing style of Bristol City just the type of game a typical Warnock team and genuine promotion contenders will come out on top from.
Steve

Football DZR
Group 1 Class
Tips

SAMPDORIA @2.9 (BetVictor)

Postby Football DZR » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:26 am

Genoa Vs Samprodia 19.45 Sat Serie A

The Genoa derby sees Genoa in terrible form (1 win in 7 recent matches) and 18th in the league with just 6 Pts VS a Sampdoria side playing well having won 4 of 7 recently and on 20 Pts in 6th in Serie A.

Sampdoria @2.9 BetVictor
"retirement is dying" Arsene 1st April 2017!!! No Wenger killed the club 10 years ago :D

"Remember never trust an all time loser" :lol:

Crofty11
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Crofty11 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:56 am

I got up early today and i had two fancies, Bournemouth and Burnley, I eventually plumped for Burnley, . I went for Brighton last week against the saints and that ended in a 1-1 draw, talking to someone who went to the match apparently once Brighton equalised he felt the saints didn't look like scoring again.

I think this match is priced on Burnley away form last season which we all know was very poor, this season Burnley have only lost one away and that was to Man City, they have also played Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs , two wins and two draws. This has to be amongst the best away form in the league from a second tier premiership club.

So I am rowing in with the other posters who fancy Burnley.

3.00 Saturday Southampton v Burnley 13/2 bet fred

I think this will shorten as the morning progresses , i will do two wins and a double on my fancies GL

NeilWilson
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby NeilWilson » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:59 am

Saturday 4th November 17:30
West Ham vs Liverpool
Selection - West Ham win 19/4 bet365

Liverpool may have won there last 2 matches 3-0 beating both Maribor and Huddersfield however they've been far from convincing drawing 0-0 at half time in both matches, before that match they were destroyed 1-4 away to Tottenham and given the fact that West Ham actually beat Tottenham 2-3 in the cup 2 games ago they can't be rules out to beat Liverpool here.

SB2704
Handicapper
Tips

Postby SB2704 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:32 am

Sunday 5th November 2017 - kick off 4.30pm

English Premier League

Everton v Watford

It's no surprise to me to see several posters picking Premier League for their underdog selections this weekend. A number of the favourites have question marks against them and cases can be made for a number of the outsiders. Like a couple of others, I very nearly put up Burnley for my selection at Southampton. They have a very good away record this season and even a 3-0 beating at Man City looks a good result given the fearful beatings the men from the Etihad are handing out this season. However, they don't score many on their travels and Saints don't concede many, so could easily see this finishing as a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.

My finger of doom this week is pointing firmly at Watford instead. Their hosts are in dreadful form having lost 5 on the bounce in all competitions. To be frank, if Everton were playing in the first round of the FA Cup today, I wouldn't be rushing to back them to make it through to the second round. Caretaker manager David Unsworth has done little to stop the rot and could probably do without a visit from the Hornets. If there are to be any fireworks, it's likely that Watford will be providing them. They have scored two goals in each of their 5 away games in the league this season against teams more capable and watertight than the Toffees. The loss of Troy Deeney is unfortunate but he's not been a first team regular this season, and if that scoring streak continues, you would have to believe that will be enough to leave Goodison Park with all 3 points. If they perform anything like they did at Chelsea in their last road match and Richarlison remembers that the ball is supposed to go between the posts, then they will look a big price at the odds.

Watford to win @ 13/5 (BetBright)

Ally Boy
2yo
Tips

Postby Ally Boy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:34 am

Saturday 4th November
Premier League 3.00

Burnley 6/1 at Corals

I can only echo some of the earlier posts - namely that this looks a massive price about a 7th placed Burnley team playing in what is likely to be a low scoring affair where Southampton can come under pressure from frustrated home supporters

Devilimp
At Stud
Tips

Postby Devilimp » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:15 am

Saturday 4th November
Frosinone vs Parma Calcio 1913
KO 1400hrs GMT

Frosinone are unbeaten in their last 4 games, but have drawn 3 of those and have won just 1 of their last 7 Lge games. They are unbeaten at home, but face a Parma side in god form. Parma have won their last 3 games, scoring 8 goals and have only lost once in 5 away games. They sit third and fourth respectively and are only separated by goal difference, but I get the feeling that Frosinone are not quite at the races, whereas Parma are playing with more confidence. The draw at 13/5 with Betfair looks generous, but I think the away win looks far too big IMO.

Parma to win at Frosinone, 23/5 with Marathon Bet

gracietyke
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby gracietyke » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:11 pm

English premiership 5th November 2017
Everton v Watford
Watford @13/5
Watford are excellent on the road and there counter attacking football and pace can terrorise a really poor Everton defence.Gray will replace the suspended Deeney

bluemal
Stallion
Tips

Postby bluemal » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:04 pm

USA: MLS - Play Offs -
Quarter-finals 2nd leg 22.00
New York City v Columbus Crew

New York City are 1-4 down to Columbus Crew from the first leg and have failed to win any of their last 4 matches and hit a bad run at the wrong time maybe that extra week not playing in the opening play off day as they finished 2nd in Eastern Conference as form in last 3 league games two draws and a loss ,

Columbus Crew had to fight all the way to sneak into the playoff spot in 5th place in Eastern Conference there last five league games where three wins and two draws with last draw being against opponents 2-2 in New York followed by playoff against Atlanta to make 1/4 final a one off game which Columbus Crew won away 0-1 they'll want to keep the momentum going and get a win in 2nd leg and semi final place

Bookies Odds
Betfair (1) 7/11 - (x) 3/1 - (2) 4/1 - Columbus Crew @ 4/1

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Brazil Serie a bet365 3/1 5th 9.00 Vasco Da Gama v Vitoria
Vasco Da Gama have played 31 times in the league and they have picked up 44 points winning 12 and drawing 8.They have a home record of 15 home matches winning 7 drawing 4 and losing 4 scoring 16 and conceding 17 picking up 25 points from their home matches.Vitoria are 2nd bottom of the league in 19th place so this looks like it should be a home win as they have won 9 times from 31 matches and drawing 7.But they have the worst home record in this league picking up just 10 points from their 16 home matches winning just 2 and drawing 4.But Vitoria have a decant away record picking up 24 points from their 15 away games played so far winning 7 and drawing 3.I don't know if they are more defensive on the road or if they have some fast strikers who are good at counter attacking but they have picked up the majority of their points on the road and i think they could cause a upset in this match.

weyayeman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:30 am

NOVEMBER 3rd, 4th & 5th RESULTS

A good weekend for this thread with 7 of the 19 entrants picking a winner and 2 going close with their selections taking the draw.
There was one very popular underdog this weekend with Burnley selected by 4 posters and Watford was also fancied with 2 people making them their underdog for the weekend

Not only was Burnley a popular selection, but they also won their game at various odds for the members selecting them, from 6.50 to 7.50

Of the 4 people selecting Burnley, Crofty11 had the biggest price of 7.50 and takes the honours this weekend of having the highest priced winner but not far behind him were the 3 members also selecting Burnley, Ally Boy (7.00), davidg3907 (6.5) & Matshopsy (6.5) and not forgetting the other 2 winners this weekend, nawoo (Crewe 5.20) & Football DZR (Sampdoria 2.90)
Football DZR only the joined the competition last weekend and has picked 2 consecutive winning underdogs, can he make it 3 in a row?

The 2 draws this weekend was selected by risto123 & titans choice

Backing all 19 selections to win gave a LSP of +19.35pts
Backing all 19 selections to draw gave a LSP of -12.30pts

The monthly & season tables after week 1 of NOVEMBER can be found here (usually about 1 hour after this posting): viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64105&start=24

If anyone spots an error in the results please pm me and I will check it out a soon as possible

DON’T FORGET, keep those entries coming in as a minimum of 3 selections are required in the month to qualify for the monthly cash prize (still 3 weekends to go, so you can join in with your first entry next week to be in with a chance of the cash)