Group 2 Class
Tips

Re: October £10 monthly underdog competition week 2 for 6th, 7th and 8th

Postby jockie c » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:00 am

Saturday 07/10 3pm
English League 2
Accrington Stanley v Luton Town

Accrington Stanley 3.10@bet365, draw 3.60@bet365

Two teams in form in the early part of the season standing 3rd and 5th on the ladder respectively so this should be a good match.
Luton's home form is top notch and they are averaging 3 goals a game at home but that is in stark contrast to their poultry 4 away goals with just the one away win so far.
Accrington's home form isn't quite as good as Luton's but it's far better than Luton's away form and I like the odds on the home team to get a result here.

gracietyke
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby gracietyke » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:31 am

Rochdale v Rotherham 7/10/2017 Skybet League 1

ROCHDALE Win @ 17/10 Bet VICTOR
Rochdale have won their last 2 home games and are starting to find their feet under the wiley Keef Hill.Rotherham although prolific have lost their last 2 away games.Rochdal have a good forward line

nawoo
Stallion
Tips

Postby nawoo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:34 am

1945pm Saturday, 7th October 2017

World Cup Qualifier

Cyprus v Greece

Greece are without a win in their last five qualifiers of which they have drawn four including a good point picked away in Belgium. However they lost their last match which was at home to the Belgians which ensured the Red Devils qualification. They need a win here to stay in hunt for second place. Cyprus on the other hand a slim chance of ending second but they need to win both matches today against Greece and away in Belgium. They lost to a late goal in Estonia in their last match but at home they do tend to cause problems for their guests. They came back from two goals down to beat Bosnia 3-2 in their last home match and against their rivals they will try to get a win in from of home fans which would give them something to celebrate and having beaten the Bosnians I do believe they can pull it off given the Greeks are also struggling.

Cyprus @ 8 Stan James

Crofty11
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Crofty11 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:37 am

Northampton V Bristol Rovers 3.00 Saturday 6th. Northampton 2/1 with bet365

This is a close call, Northampton have won 2 at home and lost 3, the three they have lost have all been against teams above them in the league. Bristol have played 5 away matches lost 4 and won 1, again they have lost to teams in the top half of the table. So it could go either way, but home advantage might see Northampton win.

davidg3907
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby davidg3907 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:54 am

Sticking to English football means a short list from which to make a shortlist. Having narrowed it down somewhat, I was left with an improving Rotherham (2.75) away to Rochdale, or an improving Northampton at home to Bristol Rovers. As I tend to give preference to teams playing at home, Northampton (3.00) edge the vote, especially as they are the better price too.

Two home wins have been followed by a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Bradford who are yet to be beaten on their travels. Rovers have lost their last 3 away games, conceding 3 times in each. Prior to that, they won at Bury but still let in a couple of goals.

Northampton 3.00 Draw 3.60 Bristol Rovers 2.48 Saturday 15.00 League 1
LAYING Taking it further
LAYING Delving deeper - NEW

FOOTBALL blogs under Blogs/Football
New RELEGATION diary in Blogs/systems

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:11 am

Maidenhead v Aldershot Maidenhead http://olbg.info/4/L40/D/words>Paddy Power 7/4
Maidenhead are in 13th place while Aldershot are in 7th place but Maidenhead have picked up 13 of their 21 points in the league from their 7 home games scoring 10 and conceding just 6 so they concede on average less then a goal a game.Aldershot have picked up 22 points in the league so far and 11 of them have came from their 7 away games but they have only scored 7 goals and conceded 5.So Aldershot have not scored that many goals in their away games but they have not conceded many and given the fact Maidenhead have only conceded 6 in their home games i think Aldershot might struggle to score.And with Maidenhead being at home i think they might be able to win this 1-0 in a low scoring game

Can you please edit in the division, kick off time and date please as it will help with the selections table but more importantly for viewers who follow the thread and might want to follow you up on your advice

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:29 am

Maidenhead United v Aldershot Town Maidenhead Paddy Power 7/4
English National League
Saturday 15.00
Maidenhead are in 13th place while Aldershot are in 7th place but Maidenhead have picked up 13 of their 21 points in the league from their 7 home games scoring 10 and conceding just 6 so they concede on average less then a goal a game.Aldershot have picked up 22 points in the league so far and 11 of them have came from their 7 away games but they have only scored 7 goals and conceded 5.So Aldershot have not scored that many goals in their away games but they have not conceded many and given the fact Maidenhead have only conceded 6 in their home games i think Aldershot might struggle to score.And with Maidenhead being at home i think they might be able to win this 1-0 in a low scoring game

weyayeman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:50 am

I came up with 2 games today in which I will be backing the underdog on the Asian Handicaps as I think they look very good for at least a draw with a decent chance of taking the win:

Doncaster v Southend
Northampton v Bristol Rovers

And for my underdog selection I have decided to go for: Northampton

Northampton have only 2 wins from 11 games, but they have had some difficult early season games with 5 of their 7 defeats coming to the current top 5 teams
Northampton have only played 2 games (both at home) against teams currently in the bottom half of the league, winning both games, 3-1 & 1-0.
Only Oldham have conceded more goals than Bristol Rovers in League 2, with Bristol having conceded 23 goals in 11 games
Bristol Rovers have failed to score in 3 of their 5 away games.

Although Northampton have not scored in their last 4 games, they only conceded 3 goals in those 4, they could take 3 points today if they can hit some goal scoring form against a team with such a poor defensive record.

Northampton at 15/8 or 2.875 (William Hill) Saturday 3-00pm
England League One

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:40 pm

Woking 7/2 v Dagenham 10/11, National League Saturday 3-00pm

3rd placed Woking are one place higher and one point better off than visitors Dagenham at present
and have gained five points more over the last five games. I am surprised that a price of 7/2 is on
offer for the hosts and after looking at team news for the game it appears they don't have any new
injuries/suspensions following their 2-0 away win at Chester in midweek. Dagenham have dropped
points recently against 2nd bottom Solihull and again at Aldershot in midweek, having to rely on a
late equaliser and playing against ten men for the last half hour. Woking did drop two home points
against inconsistent Hartlepool recently but saw off a decent Sutton side 2-0 prior to that game. At
these odds for the home win I will select them for this weeks thread

NeilWilson
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby NeilWilson » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Sunday 8th October 1:30pm
Gillingham vs Portsmouth (England League 2)
Selection - Gillingham win 13/4 (Marathonbet)

Gillingham have most definitely been underestimated in this contest especially with them having the all important home advantage, yes they may sit in 23rd in the table and that would put a lot of punters off however if you look closer at there recent home form compared to Portsmouth's away form then there is reason for optimisim. Gillingham have won 2 drew 2 and lost just 1 of last 5 matches at this stadium whereas Portsmouth have lost 4 (including last 2) drew 1 and won just 1 of last 6 away matches. Gillingham started the season in very poor fashion however recent weeks have shown signs of revival and they can continue that run against a side who were supposed to be chasing promotion who themselves are really struggling. 2-1 Gillingham

weyayeman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:37 am

OCT 6th, 7th, 8th RESULTS

Welcome to another newcomer to the competition :win: , JodiePaine, this brings the total number of entrants for the season competition up to 34 with 22 playing for the October prize (with 3 weeks still remaining in October it is still possible to be in with a chance to win the monthly prize if you make your first selection of the month next weekend)
There were 19 entries in this weekends competitions with only 13 teams selectioned due to the following teams being selected my 1 or more entrant, all of which lost their game:
Accrington (2)
Northampton (3)
Southend (2)
Rochdale (2)
Gillingham (2)

Of the 19 people entering this weekend, there were only 2 that selected a winning underdog with mazeymay taking this weeks honours, selecting Woking to win at odds of 4.5. The only other winner was Grimsby at odds of 3.2 selected by Pompeyjim
2 entrants went close with their underdogs drawing their games: titans choice & risto123

Backing all selections to win gave a LSP of -11.30pts
Backing all selections to draw gave a LSP of -12.35pts

The current monthly tables can be found here, usually about 1 hour after the posting of this weekly update: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64105&start=24

If anyone spots an error in the results please pm me and I will check it out a soon as possible