Postby mazeymay » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:13 pm

Please remember to post up the date, time and league of your selection
editing after games have started will not be allowed

stretchpaul
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: October £10 monthly underdog competition week 2 for 6th, 7th and 8th

Postby stretchpaul » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:58 am

This weekend could well be tough because none of the big leagues are in action.Having to go down to the lower leagues for my pick.

Accrington vs Luton League Two (7/10) 1500

Accrington sit 3rd in the league and have won 3 of their last 4 matches with no loss.At home they have lost only once and have won 3 from 5 games played here.Luton are 2 places lower and their overall recent form is pretty good.But it has to be said that their away form is patchy at best.They have only won 1 away game from 5 matches and have had 3 draws.So I think it could well be a tight game and I can just favor the hosts as they have a much better home record than Luton have away.Also in 5 previous meetings here Accrington have yet to lose this fixture.Pretty good opening price too by all accounts for a home win.

Accrington to win @2.94 (Pinnacle)

risto123
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby risto123 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:44 pm

Saturday
World Cup Qualifier
Faroe Islands - Latvia
17:00
Latvia @3.10 in bet365

Faroe Islands hosts Latvia. I would say that when the qualifying draw was made latvians where quite happy with a draw as they didn't need to face Greece anymore in the qualifiers like they had to in the previous 2 qualifying campaigns or so. With that their agony of not facing a more glamourous team ended as for the joy of latvians Ronaldo returned to Riga for the first time since september 2004. And their group also included 2 weaker teams which on paper should have given 12 points.
But reality is obviously different as we see with 2 qualifiers to go - Latvia started the qualifiers with a 1:0 win over Andorra but have since lost the following 9 games which include 7 qualifiers. Latvia is currently rockbottom in the group but should they take 6p from october games against Faroes and Andorra then they will finish 4th assuming that Faroes doesn't annoy hungarians once again.
Faroe Islands have won 2, drew 2 and lost 4 of the 8 qualifiers so far and they know that if they do not lose here then they are guarenteed with atleast 5th place finish..
Not so long ago Latvia managed to go even 14 games without a win but they ended that in style when they defeated Gibraltar 5:0. I won't expect Latvia to score 5 again on saturday. Definitely this won't be walk in the park for latvians because faroes are capable of surprising (almost) everyone at home but i still hope that as a baltic country they can avoid losing away against Faroes like Estonia and Lithuania did in their recent trips to there.

SB2704
Handicapper
Tips

Postby SB2704 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:14 pm

Sunday 8th October

Gillingham v Portsmouth - kick off 2.30pm

Gillingham to win at 3/1 (bet365)

A home record of 1-2-2 does not make the best reading but Gillingham have had a tough set of home fixtures (including 4 of the top 7 in the table) and have competed well with victory over Charlton, a draw against Scunthorpe and single goal defeats against Bradford and Shrewsbury. Portsmouth represent the first bottom half team they will have faced at home this season. Portsmouth's form is up and down, as a run of 4 defeats and 3 wins in the last 7 show. They are capable on the road as proven by a draw at Wigan but their only win was at a Wimbledon side who can't buy a goal and they lost at lowly Northampton in their last away match. Though the home side are by no means good things, it is hard to see what Portsmouth have done to warrant being odds on and Gillingham's chances are better than the odds suggest.

JodiePaine
2yo
Tips

Postby JodiePaine » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:56 am

Saturday 7th October

3pm Kick Off

Scunthorpe to beat Wigan 13/5

Wigan are now 5/4 odds for the title due to quality of players and recent good run of results. However an away trip to Scunthorpe could provide a banana skin and open the door for some of the chasing pack to gain some points on the now heavy favs for the title.

Wigan on the road has been where issues have lied this season losing 2 out of the last 3 away trips those been 1-0 away to top of the table Shrewsbury and 3-2 away to 4th place Peterbough Utd.

The key cog to this for me is the missing out the Wigan Captain and key figure to there set up and style of play Sam Morsey who is away on international duties. Wigan do have some good strength in depth for this league but will no doubt be much weaker and miss a massive on the pitch influence.

Wigan will however be with there young Goalkeeper who is away on international duty but will be back in time to play. This however could have a negative effect due to a very heavy time scale and possible having to play 2 days running. The more questions marks i find the more a home win interests me.

Scunthorpe currently sit just outside the play off spots in 7th place, Level on points but goal difference of 1 goal keeps them outside before the weekend kick offs.

20/1 for the title and 9/2 for promotion at this stage suggest these are expected to be a force through the season which there league position confirms.

No new injury worries or misses for Scunthorpe mean they will be at full strength for the fixture.

Scunthorpe have only lost one home game so far this season that coming in the form of a 1-0 defeat to the top profile team of the league Blackburn Rovers.

Far too big price for a home win here.

Devilimp
At Stud
Tips

Postby Devilimp » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:34 am

The top two in La Liga Segunda are both away and look like underdog material. Valladolid are at Rayo Vallecano and whilst there is a distinct advantage to being at home, Rayo are hardly blowing teams away and have only won 1 of 3 home games. Valladolid drew here last season and have only lost once away from home this season.They are tempting, but my underdog tip is as follows;

Sunday 8th October
Zaragoza vs Numancia
KO 1930 GMT

Zaragoza have not won any of their last 4 Lge games and have still to register a home win this season. They sit in 18th place and have only amassed 6 points from 7 games. Numancia are top, losing just once in 7 games. They have still to register an away win this season, but it is only a matter of time before they translate their dominant home form, into a meaningful away performance. They have the best defensive record in the Lge, conceding just 4 goals in 7 games and with Zaragoza hardly scoring for fun, just 2 goals in 3 home matches, I think the inflated odds for an away win look too good to miss.

Numancia to win 13/4 with Marathon Bet

edandumdum
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby edandumdum » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:45 pm

October 7th 2017
3pm Kickoff.
Cheltenham vs Swindon.
Odds: Home 2.3 Draw 3.6 Away 3.20
Both sides are relatively in form in the league so far. Cheltenham have won three and drawn one of their last five league matches.Swindon have won three and lost one of their last four league matches.
The head to head meetings in the last five league matches is two wins for each side and a draw.
However,Swindon's away form in the league so far is very good.They have won four of their last five matches.
Swindon to win @3.2 from bet365.

Scratville
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Scratville » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:46 pm

Saturday 7th
English League 1
3.00pm
Doncaster v Southend

Southend @ 27/11 (Unibet and 888)

I work in Doncaster and the natives are restless! With little done to the squad in the off season and still without a home win. Doncaster have lost 5 of there last 6 with the only win coming at bottom of the table Plymouth. Doncaster have failed to score in 3 of 5 home games.
After a shaky start Southend have really picked up there game, they have won three on the bounce including an away win at Fleetwood. Although there away form hasn't been great they have had some tough fixtures playing top of the table Shrewsbury and two other top 8 sides, Doncaster will be much easier opposition.
Horse Racing One A Day Winner April 11
Horse Racing One A Day Winner July 11
Football One A Day Winner Sept 11
NFL Handicap Challenge Winner Oct 11
Horse Racing One A Day Winner Dec 11
Football One A Day Winner May 13

bluemal
Stallion
Tips

Postby bluemal » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:03 pm

Saturday 7th October
English League 1 KO 3.00pm
Rochdale v Rotherham

Rochdale have had a fair start at home in league they've won 2 draws 2 and 1 lost but away form of 3 draws and 3 lost sees them lying in 17th place on 11pts there opponents Rotherham are in 8th place on 15pts but their away form is terrible with 1 win and 4 lost only scoring 2 and 7 goals against so I can see Rochdale at home could get a win and climb up the table

Rochdale slight outsiders at (1) 7/4 - (X) 13/5 - (2) 13/8 at bet365

Rochdale win

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:22 pm

Maidenhead v Aldershot Maidenhead Paddy Power 7/4
Maidenhead are in 13th place while Aldershot are in 7th place but Maidenhead have picked up 13 of their 21 points in the league from their 7 home games scoring 10 and conceding just 6 so they concede on average less then a goal a game.Aldershot have picked up 22 points in the league so far and 11 of them have came from their 7 away games but they have only scored 7 goals and conceded 5.So Aldershot have not scored that many goals in their away games but they have not conceded many and given the fact Maidenhead have only conceded 6 in their home games i think Aldershot might struggle to score.And with Maidenhead being at home i think they might be able to win this 1-0 in a low scoring game

PompeyJim
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:40 pm

Saturday 7th October
English League 2 KO 3.00pm
Port Vale v GRIMSBY

Grimsby to win @ 11/5 bet365, Betfair

Vale have gone ten without a win and have only picked up one point at home which came against fellow strugglers Forest Green, they have failed to keep a clean sheet this season. Grimsby arrive after back to back home draws but did win three from five prior to that and have not lost to any of the sides currently sitting below them in the table this season. That's two wins and a draw at home and a 3-1 win at Chesterfield away and whilst Vale may well snap their current run at some point it's hard to see why Grimsby are the underdogs here.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

bigmoose
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby bigmoose » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:11 am

A tough week to pick an underdog as even though its now October i'm still not fully sure which are the strong and weak teams in the lower english leagues and which are temporarily punching above/below their weight. Tow or three real tempters in League Two, most of which are in this thread, but eventually i settled for a league one match (as also tipped above by scratville)

Doncaster vs Southend
Sat 3pm ko League One

Southend win @ 3.45 (Unibet)

Doncaster's squad is still very much the one that won automatic promotion from League Two, with quite a good home record. But not having strengthened in summer on paper they're very much a bottom half team. Recent form suggests they could actually be worse than bottom half, they've 5 losses from last 6 matches and are only outside the relegation zone on goal difference. No home wins all season (0-2-3 WDL at home), although admittedly home to Gillingham was the only very winnable game in that lot. Definitely not a team who should be 2.20 odds for the home win anyhow.

Southend are a decent League One side who I very much expect to finish top half and contesting a play-off place. After an incredibly poor and slow start to the season it looks like they've found their mojo, winning their last 3 league matches including an impressive 4-2 away win at Fleetwood last time they were on the road. Southend won 5 of their 12 league games away to bottom half opposition last season and won 9 on the road in total. And although they're only 1-1-3 (WDL) away this season those 3 losses were tough away trips at Charlton, Rotherham and Shrewsbury whilst being off their own game.
Steve