Football One a Day - OCTOBER (3 Prizes)

RACHACE
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Football One a Day - OCTOBER (3 Prizes)

Postby RACHACE » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:19 am

Game 30’ – Monday 30th October – Premier League - Burnley v Newcastle United – 20.00pm – Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD

Burnley
Burnley/Burnley
Under
1-0

Both teams have had very decent starts to their seasons and a win for either side will probably see them move into the top 6 so there's huge incentive for both clubs. Burnley have only won 1 of their last 5 Premier League matches but they've also only lost 1 and that was against my team, Manchester City where Burnley for long periods kept us fairly quiet such was their commitment to be being very organised and tough to break down. I'm expecting to see the exact level of commitment tonight as they host Newcastle at Turf Moor and if that's the case then this will be a very tough game for Rafa Benitez. Newcastle are in great form though with 4 wins, 2 draws and just 1 defeat from their last 7 Premier League matches. However, away from St James's Park they've looked a little toothless having failed to score at both Brighton and Huddersfield which resulted in 1-0 defeats. I fancy something very similar here as Burnley can be a very tough place to go and get 3 points. A narrow win for the side from Lancashire for me here.
Best bets on Leicester City v MANCHESTER CITY
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413176

stretchpaul
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:57 am

Game 30’ – Monday 30th October – Premier League - Burnley v Newcastle United – 20.00pm – Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD

Burnley
Draw/Burnley
Under
1-0

Well we have clear cut winners this month as it has been mainly a 3 horse race.I am out of the running but will keep picking for the rest of the month.

Burnley are very good at home defensively and once again is is likely to be their home form that keeps them up again this season.In 4 home games they have only conceded 2 goals albeit against mediocre sides.Newcastle are such a side too and they wont find it easy here.They have lost at Huddersfield and Brighton to a low scoring defeat and I think a similar loss today looks a good shout.Neither team are particularly attacking so a 1-0 home win should be a popular choice.

steenie1
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby steenie1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:19 am

Burnley v Newcastle
1X2: DRAW
HT/FT: DRAW/DRAW
Over/Under: UNDER
Correct Score : 1-1
The reasoning: Burnley know how to tough it out and shut down a match---most of the time. They can be forgiven their 3-0 away defeat to Man City in their last Premiership match---few teams can live with the current leaders at present. Prior to that match, Burnley had posted 2 wins and 4 draws in the Premiership. On the other side of the equation, Newcastle are in decent enough shape having three wins, two draws and only an away defeat to Brighton from their last six matches. Only 1 point separates 8th placed Newcastle from 10th placed Burnley. The GD stats of 8:9 for Burnley and 10:8 for Newcastle aren’t wildly apart. So it rather has the feeling of a 1-1 draw.

bluemal
Stallion
Tips

Postby bluemal » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:21 pm

Game 30’ – Monday 30th October
Premier League - Sky Sports Premier League
Burnley v Newcastle United – 20.00pm

1x2:..........................Newcastle
HT/FT:......................Draw/Newcastle
Over/Under:........Under
Correct Score:......0-1

Burnley's last 25 league games at home they've only kept 10 clean sheets and have actually conceded 2 goals in 5 of the their last 11 at home and with a big injury list with no1 keeper Tom Heaton and Chris Wood top goalscorer are on the injury list, It will be tough as they lie in 10th place but only 1pt behind opponents on 13pts , a win for Burnley sees take 6th place on same points as Liverpool

Newcastle suffered defeats in their opening two games but since then they've only lost just once in their last seven matches which sees them in 8th place on 14pts and win tonight will see them go into 6th place and above Liverpool by a point, I don't see a lot of goals tonight as most of both teams games have been goalless at HT and a goal or two scored in 2nd half so I 'll settle for away win

pumpdaball
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby pumpdaball » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:22 pm

1X2 - Newcastle
HT/FT - Draw / Necastle
Overs/Unders - Under
Correct Score - 0-1

Both of these two teams are going great guns at the moment as far as the Premier league placings are concerned. Newcastle are in 8th with 14 points, and Burnley are in 10th spot. In fact a win for Newcastle would place them in 6th spot above Liverpool and Watford. Burnley with a win could actually jump to 7th spot. Although both are doing very well without too much fuss, it looks a very close game when their home form and away form are compared.

Burnley 4 at home found 5 points, by winning 1 game drawing 2 and losing 1 of those 4, and in those games scored 2 goals and conceded 2, not great for their current home record.
Newcastle 4 away found 4 points, by winning 1 game, drawing 1 game and losing 2 of those 4, and like their rivals performance at home Newcastle away are in a very similar vein of form.

This does not look like a game therefore that will produce much in the way of goals, it presents both sides with the opportunity to get all 3 points and equally it looks as if it could be honors even.
It has to be said that Newcastle started slowly this season, and are gradually becoming more united and therefore a more solid unit, and it's with that view that I am going along with the away side to continue with their improved form and just about secure the win if they can cope with the high ball of their rivals who will be seeking to get the ball to Chris Wood, and Newcastle have to keep him quiet, which should be half the job done if they can manage that.
"Drain all the water off this planet and we are all sharing the same piece of ground"

pumpdaball
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby pumpdaball » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:31 pm

IN REFERENCE TO MY POST:

Since writing this post I have learned that Chris Wood is not involved in the game due to injury, and it appears Ashley Barnes is the man up front for Burnley, nevertheless I still go along with the high ball as the tactic Burnley will use in this game.
"Drain all the water off this planet and we are all sharing the same piece of ground"

Hogsback
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Hogsback » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:33 pm

1x2: Burnley
HT/FT: Draw / Burnley
Over/Under: Under 2.5
Correct Score: 1 ~ 0

Sean Dyche marked his fifth anniversary in charge of Burnley with a win as Jeff Hendrick's second league goal of the season proved enough to sink Newcastle.

Rachace – 25
Stretchpaul – 25

Pumpdaball –5
Steenie1 – 5
Bluemal – 5

Game 30' Leaderboard: The top three are sealed for this month. Rachace goes top at a crucial time. One game left to see where the prize money goes for October. Pint Size has Novembers competition up and ready.

Rachace – 400

Steenie1 – 395

Pumpdaball – 360

Bluemal – 285
Nawoo – 260
Stretchpaul – 230
Risto123 – 210
Zagreb – 170
Pint Size – 155
Delboy980 – 40
Donegalpaedar – 35
Burb123 – 25
NeilWilson – 10
PI Njosh – 10
Uncle100 – 0

As always, Please PM me as soon as possible if you notice any mistakes

Thanks and Best wishes – Hogsback

Next Games

Game 31’ – Tuesday 31st October – UEFA Champions League Group Stage – Roma v Chelsea – 19.45pm - BT Sport

RACHACE
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby RACHACE » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:08 am

Game 31’ – Tuesday 31st October – UEFA Champions League Group Stage – Roma v Chelsea – 19.45pm - BT Sport

Roma
Roma/Roma
Overs
2-1

Roma's draw at Stamford Bridge was a huge result for the Italians and if they win this tonight in Rome, they'll have a fantastic opportunity to progress from a tough group where you'd have though that they'd really struggle to get out of. A win will put them top of the group and with Qarabag to play at home you'd have to say that they'd be in pole position to progress. Only Inter Milan and Napoli have beaten Roma at home so far this season and they held Atletico Madrid to a 0-0 draw, with that I mind you'd say that Chelsea are more than capable of winning and they are, it's just the size of the game will have this crowd well up for this one and there performance in London a few weeks ago shown that they can give Chelsea a game. I fancy the Italians to do Chelsea tonight.

Good Luck Steenie & Pumpdaball, it's been a very competitive competition this month, well played.
Best bets on Leicester City v MANCHESTER CITY
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413176

stretchpaul
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:30 am

Chelsea
Draw/Chelsea
Overs
1-2

These are the top 2 teams in the group and a winner here will go a long to sealing top spot.Since they met a few weeks ago,both teams have won each of their league games so am expecting a few goals again in this match.Chelsea are well capable of getting a win here.They have gone much more attacking compared to last season as has been shown in results this campaign.Could be a thriller tonight.

steenie1
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby steenie1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:55 am

Curses! My lead squandered and I ALMOST went for a 1-0 for Burnley last night. Anyway, it's been a great comp this month (I don't usually stand much of a chance of winning anything in this) and a big thanks to Hogsback for running it. I shall wish my rivals for top spot good luck---but may the best woman win!

Roma v Chelsea
1X2: DRAW
HT/FT: DRAW/DRAW
Over/Under: OVER
Correct Score : 2-2
The reasoning: Chelsea have a 2 point lead over Roma at the top of the group, but the reverse fixture at Stamford Bridge resulted in a 3-3 draw. That’s after Chelsea were 2-1 up at half time, and they foolishly chucked away their lead. Maybe Conte was just TOO desperate to win against an Italian team---and maybe he will have learnt a lot from that match. Roma aren’t invincible at home, not if a team goes there with the right attitude. They have already had two home defeats in Serie A---against Napoli and Inter. I don’t know as Chelsea can win tonight, but I think there’s a realistic possibility that they can get a point. In earlier group games, Atletico Madrid (who are far more defensively minded than Chelsea) held Roma to a 0-0 draw in Rome. Yet Chelsea beat Atletico 1-2 away in Madrid.

pumpdaball
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby pumpdaball » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:34 pm

1X2 - Roma
HT/FT - Roma / Roma
Overs/Unders - Over
Correct Score - 3-1

Group C of the Champions League is 50% done and will see the top two in the group and both unbeaten so far, Roma at home tonight welcome Chelsea, and it's Roma that are currently top with 7 points to Chelsea's 5 points, a win for Roma would put them in a strong position to get into the coveted knockout stages of this competition.
In the first meeting between these two clubs the result was all even at 3-3, but it was probably Roma that impressed in that game, coming from 2 goals down to put themselves 3-2 up and may well have won it but for Hazards equalizer. It will however have put Roma in a confident mood for this evenings game, and they will expect to take the full 3 points on their home turf, and no wonder! In the last 8 games at home in all competitions Roma have lost just 1, in 6 of those 8 they had 4 wins and conceded just 2 goals.

Roma will hope that sort of performance stat continues but there will be some concerns, because in the champions league they have not scored at home in this competition since they beat Bayer Leverkusen. 3-2 back in 2015, and since then have had 4 unsuccessful attempts, so they will be hoping for better luck this evening.

Chelsea have plenty of worries, with this game where they would qualify for the knockout stages with a win, and their next premier league game is against Man Utd, and a loss there would leave them a long way off the lead in that league. Roma will probably go the extra inch this evening to get the result they want, even though their recent past is pathetic in this competition, it only appears to be bad until you consider their group draw inmates in the recent years, for example they were drawn with Bayern Munich and Man city in 14/15 season,only to be eliminated by Real Madrid in the knockout stages, and now are up against Chelsea and Atletico Madrid, the latter not going very well in this group at the moment is probably the break that Roma are looking for. It's a good opportunity for them and I think they can register a first home win int this competition at home since 2011. Both teams have a motive to play, and that should give us a very entertaining game at least, whether it's home away or draw, it won't be a shock whichever it may be.

Hogsback
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Hogsback » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:55 pm

1x2: Roma
HT/FT: Roma / Roma
Over/Under: Over 2.5
Correct Score: 3 ~ 0

An easy outing for Roma.

Rachace – 25
Pumpdaball –25

Steenie1 – 5
Stretchpaul – 5

Game 31' Leaderboard: Pint Size has November’s competition up and ready.

Rachace – 425

Steenie1 – 400

Pumpdaball – 385

Bluemal – 285
Nawoo – 260
Stretchpaul – 235
Risto123 – 210
Zagreb – 170
Pint Size – 155
Delboy980 – 40
Donegalpaedar – 35
Burb123 – 25