New underdog competition and new format for 2017/18

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

New underdog competition and new format for 2017/18

Postby mazeymay » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Hello again everyone, the new season is upon us and the new underdog thread will have a completely new look
for the 2017/18 season. The thread will kick off from next Friday the 11th August and run until May 2018. There
is a complete new layout and I would like to welcome regular OLBG poster "weyayeman" to the team. He will be
keeping an up to date spreadsheet for the monthly competitions and the overall season competition and with the
addition of the spreadsheet it will make the thread look more inviting and worthy for the new competition. Keep
a lookout over this weekend for the new rules and cash prizes for monthly winners and spot prize winners. All will
be posted this coming weekend. Thank you for your support last season and we hope you will again join in for the
coming season and with the new look we should attract more members to post up on the thread
[/Mazeb]

nawoo
Stallion
Tips

Re: New underdog competition and new format for 2017/18

Postby nawoo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:17 pm

Looking forward to it mate....It was fun last season :win:

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:23 pm

Looking forward to it mate....It was fun last season :win:
Thanks nawoo, yes it was a fun thread, it will be again, this time with the added incentive of a monthly and overall season cash prize. OLBG were glad to turn it into one of the monthly cash prize threads due to the popularity and continued support from regular posters over the past two seasons

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:43 pm

Cheers Posh

bigmoose
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby bigmoose » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:51 pm

Sounds interesting mazey. I'll be in again this season all being well as i really enjoyed this weekly thread. (I might be a little sporadic just for the next 3-4 weeks though due to other commitments - I imagine I won't be posting first week in Sep as i'm in France, and previous visits to France found me unable to access OLBG - the french do love to block absolutely any gambling related website)
Steve

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:31 am

New format and rules for the new season 2017/18

There will be a monthly prize of £10 for the member who accumulates the highest lsp for each calendar month

There will be occasional £5 spot prizes for a post that is deemed to be of good quality information resulting in a winning underdog

There will be a £20 prize for the member who ends the season with the highest lsp overall

One selection per member per weekend which covers Friday, Saturday and Sunday

There is no cut off time as to when your selection is to be posted, this is because team line ups are usually released about an hour
before kick off. Feel free to wait for the important team sheets to be announced before posting

There will be two occasions where the weekend runs from the end of one month into the following month, members may post two
selections that weekend, one for each month. Please do not post both selections on the same month, we will make sure the following
month competition is posted up in plenty of time

A member must make at least three selections per month to be in with a chance of winning the prize money for that month

A member must have made a minimum of fifteen tips to be included in the overall season competition

The selection must be for a home win or away win, no draws

"weyayeman" will be posting an up to date spreadsheet with results following each weekends matches

Please make your posts as interesting and fact filled as possible, we are not looking for a minimum amount of words but your post must
be a worthy read as to why you really fancy the underdog team to win

When posting your selection you must also quote the price on offer and the bookmaker name, these can be checked if any doubt arises

Please also remember to post the kick off time of your chosen game

Your underdog selection can be chosen from any league across the globe, including ladies football leagues

Any questions you want to ask please post up and myself and weyayeman will assist

Below are three of examples from last season as to the quality of posting we hope will be followed

Gijon v Alaves

Gijon have won just once in their last ten competitive matches and that win was over
another struggling side, Osasuna at home. Alaves with 17 goals have the third worst
attack but they are strong at the back and have lost just once in their last 10 in all competitions.
They have picked up credible draws against Atletico Madrid at home and away at Bilbao and Celta Vigo
in the cup. As pressure is mounting on the hosts who are already 5 points off safety, the visitors will fancy their chances of
a win here even though they have not scored a goal in their last 3 games, as they have already won away at Barca and Villareal.

Alaves @ 3.7 - 888Sport
RESULT: Gijon 2 – 4 Alaves

RAITH ROVERS (4.00) v DUNDEE UTD (1.91)
I shall head to Scotland instead and go with Raith, they are unbeaten in their last 5 at home when priced up the bigger of the two sides, the last 3 have been draws but they have also beaten Hibs when priced up at 6.00 and also QOTS when priced 2.70, in their last 3 they have drawn with Rangers (8.00), Falkirk (2.80) and Hibs (5.50) and they have actually only lost 1 of their last last 7 games against the sides who currently sit top 3. Dundee Utd are in decent form but Raith at home can be tricky, unbeaten in 4 and do not give too many goals away with just 6 conceded in 10 games, if they were playing away from home I would steer well clear of this but at home I think Raith have a sneak on Saturday.

Raith Rovers v Dundee Utd (Scottish Championship) - Sat 3pm
Raith Rovers to win at 4.00
Raith Rovers 0- 0 Dundee Utd

Galatasaray vs Basaksehir (Turkey 4th Nov 1700) Basaksehir@4.50 with bet365

If anyone knows about Turkish football this season you will know a little club is creating a sensation this season.Top of the league,unbeaten with 7 wins from 9,pundits are astonished at how Basaksehir keep up their form.They have beaten Fenerbache (at home) and have won all 4 of their away games without conceding a single goal yet.Galatasaray wont be easy for them of course but Gala lost their last home game 1-0 and the team appears to be not at the best as they struggle to narrowly beat weaker sides this season.I believe the visitors have a great chance to keep up their winning run and I expect others might thinks so too so expect a drop in price during the week.
Galatasaray 1 – 2 Basaksehir

As you can see the quality of these posts are very decent and we would like to see similar again this season

Good luck to everyone for the months and season, any questions just ask

Maze

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:07 pm

Posted by nors I intend to win this on a regular basis!!

There was no underdog thread last week but 1 of my underdogs came in and the other got beat so fairly pleased. I will only be backing home team as underdogs throughout the season because i have found backing home teams to be the most successful in the past.

The only home team underdogs in England at the time of writing are:
Premier League :Brighton 12.0 Newcastle 6.0 Watford 6.5.
Championship: Reading. at 3.7
League 1: Blackpool 3.1 and Gillingham 4.0
League 2: Barnet 3.75 and Yeovil 3.56

8 teams. So i would expect maybe 2 draws, 2 wins and 4 losses. I now need to spend some time deciding on the best of them.

OLBG Community Manager.
Check Out And Don't Miss Out On Forum Cash Rewards

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:36 pm

Mazeymay,

You mention that you want the weekly thread just for tips. Are we still able to discuss other members tips and other potential underdogs other than our main one like last season? If so, which thread should we do it on?

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:02 am

Mazeymay,

You mention that you want the weekly thread just for tips. Are we still able to discuss other members tips and other potential underdogs other than our main one like last season? If so, which thread should we do it on?
Thanks for bringing that up utr, yes we can discuss other members selections on this thread, thanks

davidg3907
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby davidg3907 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:57 pm

It is good to see that making comments on other tips is optional, rather than mandatory.

In the past, this made it pointless to post early as there was nothing else to comment on. Having to keep returning to the thread to see what others had tipped and then go off to check on it, then come back to make another post was very time-consuming, and maybe left a culture of 'I might as well see what others have to say before I make a post myself, so I need only visit once'.

Of course, it should not preclude those who have time to do so from doing so but takes pressure off those who maybe don't.

Hopefully, this will also encourage more participation.
LAYING Taking it further
LAYING Delving deeper - NEW

FOOTBALL blogs under Blogs/Football
New RELEGATION diary in Blogs/systems

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:22 pm

It was a good point raised by undertherobe and as I was about to leave for work this morning i didn't have time to give a more detailed reply
Any member is free to talk about other selections and it could possibly get a discussion going between fellow members so hopefully even though
the thread is competition based and we are vying against others to win the monthly comp I think the hardcore of followers from the last two
seasons will still get involved on this thread.
Hi David, as I mentioned above it will be good if members still discuss the games but you are right it wont be mandatory from now on. I think a lot
posters will just visit the competition thread and then check back midweek to see where they are in the table when the spreadsheet is updated
I will still be getting involved in the discussions over the weekends, I wont have much time in the week due to starting a new job but hopefully
I will write up on a Friday night and will also close each weekend with my thoughts on certain games

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:32 pm

week one selections table

stretchpaul...Botosani to win away at 29/10 or 3.90 Sunday 3-30pm lost 0-1
Romania Liga 1

SB2704...Southend to win away at 19/10 or 2.90 Saturday 3-00pm lost 0-5
England League 1

jockie c...Reading to win at 14/5 or 3.80 Saturday 3-00pm drew 1-1
England Championship