Ante Post Football Betting 2017/18 Season

wonderwall
Group 2 Class
Tips

Re: Ante Post Football Betting 2017/18 Season

Postby wonderwall » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:26 am

Hi yes, definitely the wrong Team quoted ! I remember they were in the listing, but for the opposite side of the argument, here's the full picture to backup the point most Teams moving ground lose Home points in season 1, all Premier League Teams are in minus:

SamBam
2yo
Tips

Postby SamBam » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Thanks for the great Stats. I really can't see Huddersfield surviving and I'm almost as convinced with Brighton. Along with my many other bets I am thinking of a large punt on the following. What are your thoughts? I'm quite open to criticism if it saves me money :-)

Huddrsfeild releg
Fulham top half
Bradford top half
Luton top half
Celtic
Hello. Fulham top half is a banker. Don't do Huddersfield. They may well be relegated but this is the one that could let you down. Bradford, Luton and Celtic look certs. Good Luck.

hearts123
Handicapper
Tips

Postby hearts123 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Thanks for your input m8. I'm all over huddrsld for relegation, I have them in practically all my bets along with Celtic and
I can't see them staying up in fact I think they may have record low points score. Brighton too are I feel not likely to survive.
It's all about opinions at this stage but I thought they were pretty poor last season and would have to improve beyond recognition to have any chance of surviving in the Prem.

SamBam
2yo
Tips

Postby SamBam » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:13 pm

Hello again. I responded to your post because I am backing the same teams (although with smaller stakes). My guess is that Fulham, Bradford, Luton and Celtic will be home and dry well before the end of the season. I don't like promotion or relegation bets as playing in a new division takes time to adjust. My worry about Huddersfield is that whilst they will be fighting to survive this is the one you will be sweating on. If I had to pick one team to be relegated it would be Huddersfield. I hope Huddersfield flop and your bet comes off.

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Thanks for your input m8. I'm all over huddrsld for relegation, I have them in practically all my bets along with Celtic and
I can't see them staying up in fact I think they may have record low points score. Brighton too are I feel not likely to survive.
It's all about opinions at this stage but I thought they were pretty s hit last season and would have to improve beyond recognition to have any chance of surviving in the Prem.
Thanks for your input on this thread "hearts123" but please refrain from using monetary values, I have edited your post for this reason
Please continue to post on the threads and maybe have a read up on the rules of posting, thanks and good luck with your selections

hearts123
Handicapper
Tips

Postby hearts123 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Sorry for mentioning money. ( I should have read the rules) It was money I got back from last seasons bets ( not winnings, I probably just broke even).

The amounts are irrelevant anyway it's the backing of our opinions I'm here to discuss. I really think there are some great best if you are willing to wait a season to collect.

Celtic were available at 1/6 earlier last month, far better than interest from any bank :-) They are so far ahead of any other Scottish side I'm surprised Bookies price them up.

undertherobe
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby undertherobe » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Celtic were available at 1/6 earlier last month, far better than interest from any bank :-)
That is superb advice. 99% of posts I see about ante-post bets go on about it being a waste of time backing short prices as your money's tied up for such a little return. But as hearts123 says, you'd get far less sticking your money in a savings account for 9 months. Obviously you get the safety net of guaranteeing a return with a bank but if you're looking at ante-post bets, you shouldn't let short odds put you off.

You can get 1/8 on Celtic now and that's still buying money I think.

SamBam
2yo
Tips

Postby SamBam » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:05 pm

I would be interested if anyone has opinions on these...My favourite bet (as there is a good chance of winning) is top half betting. I do doubles to get better than evens and trebles. I have a Skybet account. Reading finished 3rd last season. 4/5 to finish in top 12? Am I missing something or is this as someone mentioned "like buying money"? Fulham surely are top 12 but 1/3 is not great. Fleetwood are 4/5 for top 12 @gain seems very generous. Also Scunthorpe top 12 at 8/11 looks good. I have requested all four to be top half and Sky quote 13/2. Any thoughts on Reading?

STEVEOCN
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:26 pm

Interesting to see top half betting mentioned above, I thought Preston North End top half was a good price with the appointment of Alex Neil.

Another thing that crossed my mind was the League Cup, in the last eight years teams such as Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Cardiff City, Swansea City, Bradford City, Sunderland and Southampton have all got to the final. Would maybe an Everton, Newcastle or even Leicester City and West Ham United be a good bet? Newcastle at 50/1 with Ladbrokes 1/2 odds places 1-2. Huge odds and a couple of home draws then they are suddenly in the quarter final and the bigger sides play weakened sides.

SB2704
Handicapper
Tips

Postby SB2704 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Steering clear of the bun fight at the top of the Premier League - expect the usual suspects. The hype surrounding Everton is understandable given their activity in the transfer market but how many teams sell the major source of their goals and then go on to win the League? Hard to disagree with the predictions surrounding Huddersfield and their likely relegation this season. They look the worst team in the division by some distance and the general odds on quotes are fair enough. In fact, given that there does not appear to be a Sunderland or Aston Villa who are going to completely blow out this season, it's hard not to see them finishing rock bottom.

Huddersfield to be relegated @ 4/6 (bet365)

The Championship looks no less competitive than previous seasons. The obvious first place to look is the teams who were relegated from the Premier League last season. With the sad news of Bradley Lowery's demise, it would be heartwarming if Sunderland could make an instant return to the top flight but it's hard to see it happening. They have been a poor side for several seasons now and with their only saleable assets (Pickford and Defoe) already gone, their aim this season should be to avoid dropping through into League 1. Hull look interesting around the 16/1 mark after making a decent fist of trying to stay up last season but the manager who got them close has gone and they will probably settle for a season of stability just to clear their heads. I like the chances of Middlesbrough. They never had a chance of staying up thanks to Karanka's negative tactics but will feel more comfortable at this level. The Boro are regular contenders and the appointment of Garry Monk looks a sound one. With a chairman who likes to give managers plenty of time and no significant departures, they look strong candidates for the title. General favourites are Aston Villa, largely on the strength of signing John Terry. If Terry's leadership and winning mentality rub off on the rest of the players, then the combination of a strong squad and an experienced manager could be a recipe for success. However, it's a club that has got used to losing and mediocrity and they look too short in the market. Reading may be of interest to some but last season's success was unexpected and I feel had a 'now or never' vibe to it. It would be no great surprise to me if they drifted into midtable anonymity this season. By the same token, it remains to be seen if Fulham can build on last season's performance and they may also be too short in the market. The other team to miss out in the playoffs was Sheffield Wednesday and they would be my other pick for the title. The Owls have steadily improved year on year and whilst the signing of Jordan Rhodes may have grabbed the headlines, it's the free transfer signing of George Boyd which catches my eye. They look well placed to have a successful season.

At the other end of the table, it promises to be a bad season for the 'B' teams. With Sheffield Utd, Bolton and Millwall to an extent all looking to have reasonable chances of staying up, the trio of Birmingham, Barnsley and Burton Albion are going to have their work cut out to stay up. Of the three. I think Burton must be the call. It was a tremendous achievement to stay up last season, and shows the strength of League 1 compared to the Championship. However, like Rotherham before them, the stay of execution may be a brief one. It is hard to see three teams who are going to be worse this season.

Middlesbrough to win the Championship (e.w.) @ 8/1 (Ladbrokes)
Sheffield Wednesday to win the Championship (e.w) @ 10/1 (general)
Burton Albion to be relegated @ 6/4 (general)

toadie21
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby toadie21 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:24 am

Starting to get excited for the upcoming season and am now concentrating on the antepost markets in hope to land all 4 in a Lucky 15.
The first thing I look at is the winners and runner ups in previous seasons to see where they came from. Can relegated teams bounce back, do those who missed out durin the playoffs push on next season, do many teams have back to back promotions.
Once I'v set my trends for the leagues it will leave me with a short list of between 5-10 teams for each league. These trends may have me crossing out some of the favourites but I have to put my faith in the system. And I will now follow these teams for a couple of weeks to see how they do in the transfer market before making my final choice.
Teams such as Villa & Wolves, Portsmouth & Bradford, Coventry & Lincoln didn't make the list.
As for the prem I don't see it necessary to look at trends as it's pretty much the top 4-6 teams in the betting that need to be considered. Can their be another Leicester? Sure I hope so. But I'll be sticking to the top teams and hoping if I get the antepost 4fold I get the big win I dream of.
As for Spurs at Wembley, that's put me off from backing them. I think Chelsea will miss Costa if he leaves and won't be as strong this season. City and United have impressed me in the transfer window but I worry that Peps team will be too open and that Joses team will be too negative.
BOL gang I will probably post my final selections before the season starts.