Underdog of the weekend week 24

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Underdog of the weekend week 24

Postby mazeymay » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:35 pm

This thread each week is looking for any underdog in the 1X2 markets on all divisions, cups and Internationals

It can only be on an underdog and not the fav or the draw. Discussion and reasoning as to why you are backing the underdog will be helpful as we don't just want a long list of teams as that is no good to anyone.

The selection must be the larger price of the 2 teams (ignore the draw in your calculations and reasoning)

E.G Chester 2/1, Draw 3/1, Aldershot 11/4. Aldershot would be allowed for the purpose of this thread, as they are the underdog of the 2 teams.

Please get studying for next week!!

Your underdog can be any price as long as its the bigger price. Please quote the best price you have seen.

Please only choose 1 underdog as i am sure you will be most confident about 1 of them and that is the one we want to read about.

The point behind the thread is for members to assist others, so please do your best and have your say on others underdog of the week.

This thread is for matches taking place at the weekend of 10th, 11th and 12th February

The member who makes the best contribution to the thread could win a forum reward, so as well as choosing your own underdog please contribute your thoughts to other members underdogs posts. If you make 2 + good posts you have a good chance of a forum reward. 1 for your own selection and other posts for commenting on others selections

Those members who have knowledge of different leagues can discuss and advise others

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Re: Underdog of the weekend week 24

Postby mazeymay » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:35 pm

The member who posts up a winning selection with the highest odds could now win a £5 forum award
Please post an interesting write up of the match and why you think your selection can upset the
fancied team according to the bookmakers prices
Please check for the highest possible price on your underdog by using oddschecker etc
along with the date and kick off time

There is also a chance to win a £20 forum award by selecting four winning underdogs on the bounce
If two or more members achieve this then the member with the highest winning combined odds will
win the prize. Your write ups will also need to be interesting and also why the underdog is a good selection

Good luck all members

stretchpaul
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:43 pm

I have been scanning the European leagues for the weekend and it looks like the bookmakers have got most of the games nailed on with no obvious underdog price that might be too high.So I am going to go for a team that has not lost for a while and should at least get a draw but hopefully a win this weekend.

Switzerland Super League 12/2 3pm

Luzern vs Young Boys - Young Boys@2.80 (bet365)

Young Boys are on a 13 match unbeaten league run.They have not lost a game since September, some 5 months without a league defeat.They have won 5 league games on the spin too so that will give them a huge boost for this tough match.Luzern are a good side and just below them in the table.They have not won either of their last 2 games in the league though.They have only lost twice at home in the league so I am expecting a tight game.Young Boys have little chance of catching Basel for the title but are 8 points in front of Luzern.Hoping they can extend that to 11 points in what is likely to be a tough week to find an underdog.

Baz2014
Handicapper
Tips

Postby Baz2014 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:32 pm

Brighton v Burton, BURTON @7.5 with bet365, BetVictor,Betfair

I have a sneaky feeling Burton could upset Brighton on Saturday, Brighton are feeling the pressure at the top
with a 1-3 loss at Huddersfield & a 3-3 draw at Brentford, they are at home this time so are worthy favorites for the win
but Burton have won two of their last three matches now and confidence should be growing around them as they sit 3 points above the drop zone
and they have also brought in Lasse Christenson, Cauley Woodrow from Fulham and Michael Kightly from Wolves (all on loan) so will be pretty interesting to see how this match pans out.

Devilimp
At Stud
Tips

Postby Devilimp » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:48 pm

There are a couple of games this weekend, which have caught my eye. Sunderland at home to Southampton and Walsall at Bolton are two to watch out for, but I am opting for Morecombe at home to Cambridge Utd.

Morecombe vs Cambridge Utd
Sat 11th Feb @ 3pm

Morecombe come into this game in good form. They are unbeaten in their last 5, the last of which was a 1-0 at Leyton Orient, which was preceded by two great away points at high flying Doncaster and Carlisle. Their home form is patchy at best, just 4 wins in 13 home games, but they now face a Cambridge side who are winless in 4, losing their last 3. Cambridge were playoff contenders, but their hopes are fast fading. Their away form is generally good, but a lack of goals recently, 1 in last 4 games, is killing them and I think Morecombe are the likelier winners.

Morecombe to win 14/5 Betfair

Inquisitorem
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Inquisitorem » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:38 pm

SUNDERLAND v Southampton 14/5

Sunderland, buoyed by their emphatic destruction of Palace last week, must be worth a play at 14/5. Southampton have been shocking of late. The Saints gave a masterclass in contain and counter with a diamond midfield against Liverpool in the League Cup, but lacked any discipline or shape against Arsenal in the FA Cup. Each performance, totally alien to the other. Cannot see Southampton winning at the Stadium of Light, given their injuries and lack of continuity in line-up or consistency in strategy.
Football research with serious intent, but not without a sense of humour. Share in my good fortune or, at the very least, have a laugh at my expense!

mathsbet
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby mathsbet » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:07 pm

It's not often that I find myself with two excellent candidates for underdog of the week, since I only ever bet on underdogs if my pricing has them as favourites. Such is the case for Hoffenheim, who are great value at 9/5 to beat Wolfsburg, but the game I prefer to choose for my underdog of the week is Las Palmas at 9/4 or 3.25 (bet365 and general) to beat Sevilla in La Liga in Spain on Sunday at 17.30.

Even when they recently held one of the worst away records in Europe (they didn't win a single away league game last season), Sevilla were regularly priced as favourites for the win. As one of the most famous names in the league, Sevilla tend to be priced too short even when they are not in form. They are 6/5 favourites here.

The last time Sevilla were priced as 6/5 favourites for the win away from home was in their last away game, when they lost 3-1 to Espanyol.

Sevilla have a 45% away win ratio this season, and face a Las Palmas side with a remarkable home record. They are unbeaten at home in 11 games - Real Madrid are the only other side to have avoided defeat at home. Perhaps Las Palmas most impressive home result was the 2-2 draw with Real Madrid when they twice came from behind to snatch a point.

In the reverse head to head between these sides, which Sevilla were priced at 1/2 to win, Las Palmas took the lead in the 16th minute, and held it until the 89th minute, when they conceded a penalty after being reduced to ten men after a red card. Sevilla equalised from the penalty spot, and went on to get a 93rd minute winner.

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:36 am

Two games I had looked at for this weekend have been selected by other members
Sunderland do look a decent price for the win against Southampton. The hosts have
not been that great at home but on the road Southampton have really struggled

Morecambe come into their game with Cambridge in better recent form and if they
can transfer their away form to when playing at home look a big price here

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:51 pm

Home team underdogs:

Plymouth 2.88) Draw 3.3) Exeter 2.75)
QPR 3.5) Draw 3.4) Huddersfield 2.38)
Stevenage 3) Draw 3.4) Wycombe 2.7)
Rotherham 3.05) Draw 3.5) Blackburn 2.5)
Wolves 3.65) Draw 3.5) Newcastle 2.2)
Bristol Rovers 2.8) Draw 3.5) Bradford 2.7)
Crewe 3.44) Draw 3.5) Grimsby 2.37)
Morecambe 3.95) Draw 3.6) Cambridge 2.1)
Newport County 5) Draw 3.6) Doncaster 1.85)
Peterborough 4.33) Draw 4) Sheffield Utd 1.95)

There are a few i like the look of especially these 5
Plymouth 2.88) Draw 3.3) Exeter 2.75)
QPR 3.5) Draw 3.4) Huddersfield 2.38)
Rotherham 3.05) Draw 3.5) Blackburn 2.5)
Bristol Rovers 2.8) Draw 3.5) Bradford 2.7)
Crewe 3.44) Draw 3.5) Grimsby 2.37)

However choosing one it would have to be Plymouth who take on local rivals in form Exeter. Plymouth have a decent home record and are 2nd whilst Exeter sit in 4th. Will the home team want to lose in front of their fans to their closest in distance rivals? I would have had Plymouth as the favs because of home advantage. Plymouth are 4th in the home table so not shabby in the slightest. However the match pans out Plymouth will be attacking as the home team whilst Exeter may feel a point is a good result so if they lead they may try and sit back. + we have the possibility of an away sending off/penalty against with a baying home crowd and Plymouth going forward. I just cant see Exeter winning, a draw possibly but if you cant see the away team winning then it makes a good underdog bet.

Plymouth to beat Exeter at 2.88

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:18 pm

Earlier in the week Exeter were as big as 2/1 for this game and I would imagine some other underdog posters
might have contemplated making them their selection for this weekend, I did pencil them in along with four
others, two have been selected by members already. Plymouth were as short as 7/5 early this morning and it's
only the last few hours that have seen such a price change. There is no news on the Plymouth website if any
regular starters are unavailable but its not impossible for this to be the case. There is also no news on the
visitors website

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Thanks Mazey, i hadn't noticed the change as only checked this morning, will be interesting to see what happens and if there are any announcements.

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:37 pm

stretchpaul..Young Boys to win away at 9/5 or 2.80 Sunday 3-00pm
Switzerland Super League

Baz2014.. Burton Albion to win away at 13/2 or 7.50 Saturday 3-00pm
England Championship

Devilimp..Morecambe to win at home at 14/5 or 3.80 Saturday 3-00pm
England League 2

Inquisitorem..Sunderland to win at home at 14/5 or 3.80 Saturday 3-00pm