Titles, Promotion and Relegation -Which Team are you Backing?

getonit123
Group 2 Class
Tips

Titles, Promotion and Relegation -Which Team are you Backing?

Postby getonit123 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:31 am

It's still that time of season where value can be had - maybe you want to cover your season bets that are looking in good shape, or you have just see some juicy odds on a team that come April and May could be close to evens.

One team I've been keeping an eye on is Mansfield in League Two. I thought they could turn their season around when they appointed Steve Evans in November last year. Mansfield were already tipped to do well this season but unfortunately Adam Murray couldn't see it through.

Steve Evans has a proven track record in the lower leagues with Crawley and Rotherham and I really felt they'd turn the corner. Here we are in early February and they sit 2 points off the play off place in 8th.

I admit I probably backed them too early ( think I got them at 25/1 for promotion) as I think you could have got over 30/1 a few weeks ago as they had a disappointing home game - and although it didn't do too much to the gap from the play offs they were in the bottom half.

I still think they're excellent value for promotion at 14/1 and I'm slightly baffled by the odds. Maybe someone can explain?!

I also think Charlton can get in the play offs in League One (they conceded late on Saturday to draw, DAMN!!). I think one or two places in the play offs may be up for grabs (can teams like Fleetwood and Rochdale maintain form?). I think this one may come down to Millwalls cup run. I think if they progress any further the extra games and the excitement of the cup may be detrimental to their league campaign. I think Charlton are still available at 25/1 for promotion. Peterborough and Southend may also offer value at 14s.

Does anyone else have any teams they think may finish the season strongly - mainly at juicy odds?

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Titles, Promotion and Relegation et al

Postby Micko70 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:46 am

Funny you should write this, i had a conversation about 2 weeks ago, regarding teams that come from nowhere and finish in the play offs.

In the Championship you look at Norwich, who had a shocking run and dropped to about 11th, they have put together a decent run and sit just 1 win from the play offs.

In League 1, you mention Charlton, but Walsall, who have struggled for goals nearly all season, have suddenly put together a decent run and now sit just 4 points from the play offs, although they have played a game more.

In League 2, Exeter, couldn't buy a win early in the season, have now won their last 7 and have 10 wins and 2 draws from 12 games and are sitting 4th.

And in the National League, it looked set for a shoot out between Lincoln City & Forest Green Rovers, but Dagenham & Redbridge have won their last 4 (They had won 1 from previous 5) and are now the main challengers for the title.

getonit123
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby getonit123 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:11 am

Yes Norwich are coming again.

Don't talk to me about Exeter :) They were my tip last season! Anyone know their price for promotion at Christmas? Think they were bottom.

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:26 am

Exeter have picked up 28 points from their last 10 games, here is the league table from 10 games ago

Doncaster - 39
Carlisle - 38
Plymouth - 36
Luton - 31
Portsmouth - 31
Yeovil - 28
Barnet - 27
Stevenage - 27
Crewe - 26
Grimsby - 26
Mansfield - 25
Wycombe - 25
Blackpool - 24
Cambridge - 22
Hartlepool - 22
Notts County - 22
Accrington - 20
Colchester - 20
Crawley - 20
Exeter - 20
Morecambe - 20
Cheltenham - 18
Leyton Orient - 18
Newport County - 17

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:54 am

I fancy Southend for the play offs, one teams i follow.
Southend was struggling and Phil Brown got them under the radar
and now into play offs position.
They making great progress with Phil, and get in play offs this
season be great achievement. :hope:

GeorgeTheBettor
Listed Class
Tips

Postby GeorgeTheBettor » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:27 pm

good ones, you got me into thoughs...