Football Betting Underdog of the weekend, Week 23

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Football Betting Underdog of the weekend, Week 23

Postby mazeymay » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:48 pm

This thread each week is looking for any underdog in the 1X2 markets on all divisions, cups and Internationals

It can only be on an underdog and not the fav or the draw. Discussion and reasoning as to why you are backing the underdog will be helpful as we don't just want a long list of teams as that is no good to anyone.

The selection must be the larger price of the 2 teams (ignore the draw in your calculations and reasoning)

E.G Chester 2/1, Draw 3/1, Aldershot 11/4. Aldershot would be allowed for the purpose of this thread, as they are the underdog of the 2 teams.

Please get studying for next week!!

Your underdog can be any price as long as its the bigger price. Please quote the best price you have seen.

Please only choose 1 underdog as i am sure you will be most confident about 1 of them and that is the one we want to read about.

The point behind the thread is for members to assist others, so please do your best and have your say on others underdog of the week.

This thread is for matches taking place at the weekend of 3rd, 4th and 5th February

The member who makes the best contribution to the thread could win a forum reward, so as well as choosing your own underdog please contribute your thoughts to other members underdogs posts. If you make 2 + good posts you have a good chance of a forum reward. 1 for your own selection and other posts for commenting on others selections

Those members who have knowledge of different leagues can discuss and advise others

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Re: Underdog of the weekend, week 23

Postby mazeymay » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:50 pm

The member who posts up a winning selection with the highest odds could now win a £5 forum award
Please post an interesting write up of the match and why you think your selection can upset the
fancied team according to the bookmakers prices
Please check for the highest possible price on your underdog by using oddschecker etc
along with the date and kick off time

There is also a chance to win a £20 forum award by selecting four winning underdogs on the bounce
If two or more members achieve this then the member with the highest winning combined odds will
win the prize. Your write ups will also need to be interesting and also why the underdog is a good selection

Good luck all members

Devilimp
At Stud
Tips

Postby Devilimp » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:28 pm

Sat 4th Feb @ 3pm
Blackpool vs Colchester Utd

Colchester Utd 12/5 with bet365, Stan James & Betfred

Blackpool have not won in 4 and have lost 2 of their last 3 home games. The unrest amongst the supporters must be have an effect on the players and their FA Cup exit at the hands of neighbours Blackburn at the weekend, won't have pleased the locals. Colchester Utd have not played since the 21st Jan. They were well beat at Exeter that day, but prior to that were on a great run of 9 games unbeaten, including wins at Luton, Stevenage and Cheltenham. They also won here last season, so with their eyes firmly fixed on a playoff place I think they are the value to beat an under pressure Blackpool side.

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:07 am

Been a while since i last posted on this thread, glad to be back on.

France for my return, and the match between the top 2 Monaco & Nice.

Saturday 4th February 4.00pm

Nice @ 21/4 (BetVictor)

Monaco have won their last 2 at home, but those sides are both sitting in the bottom 3, their previous home game was a 3-1 loss to 3rd place Lyon.

Nice lost this fixture last season but they were going into the game with no wins in 5 on the road and only 2 goals scored.

Nice have drawn their last 3 on the road in the league, not exactly fantastic form, but they do come here on a 10 game unbeaten run and managed a 2-2 draw at PSG in December, who haven't lost at home this season.

They have a better defence than Monaco both at home and away and if they can keep a clean sheet here then i fancy them to score and grab a vital 3 points.

stretchpaul
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:10 am

St Etienne vs Lyon (FRA 5/2 2000)

St Etienne@3.50

A huge price this one and worth a punt.St Etienne are only 1 place below Lyon in the league and have only lost once in their last 6 league games.At home they have lost once all season and conceded just 6 goals here.Lyon have lost 2 of their last 3 matches and have also lost 4 of their 10 away games.St Etienne have also won the last 2 h2h meetings at home.

Inquisitorem
Group 2 Class
Tips

Re: Football Betting Underdog of the weekend, Week 23

Postby Inquisitorem » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:35 am

Cardiff City v Norwich City
Cardiff City @ 2.87
Bet Victor

Astonished to see Bluebirds being offered at 15/8 or 2.87. I calculate Neil Warnock's team as having a 53% chance at the Cardiff City Stadium, and given that two of the Canaries' factored wins were helped by red cards, Bluebirds might actually have stronger possibilities. Cardiff were unfortunate to come away from Reading without a point last week, but they got back in the groove on Tuesday with a win against Preston. The bookmakers rate them as a 34% chance.

STATS Both teams look capable of scoring in this game, but Norwich might find it slightly more challenging. The Canaries only have a 36% chance of getting something out of this game. Cardiff are not only sporting favourable figures, but they are great value in the markets too.
Football research with serious intent, but not without a sense of humour. Share in my good fortune or, at the very least, have a laugh at my expense!

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Devilimp..Colchester United to win away at 12/5 or 3.40 Saturday 3-00pm
England League 2

Micko70..Nice to win away at 21/4 or 6.25 Saturday 4-00pm
France Ligue 1

stretchpaul..ST Etienne to win at home at 5/2 or 3.50 Sunday 8-00pm
France Ligue 1

Inquisitorem..Cardiff City to win at home at 15/8 or 2.875 Saturday 3-00pm
England Championship

emres1983..Pandurii Targu Jiu to win at home at 18/5 or 3.59 Friday 3-30pm
Romania Liga 1

nawoo..Alaves to win away at 27/10 or 3.70 Sunday 3-15pm
Spain LaLiga

risto123..Celta Vigo to win at home at 7/1 or 8.08 Sunday 7-45pm
Spain LaLiga

emres1983
Listed Class
Tips

Postby emres1983 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:30 am

Pandurii Targu Jiu vs. CSMS Iasi
Feb 03 @1530hrs

Pandurii Targu Jiu@ 4.59 (Betfair)

Pandurii Targu Jiu are currently 11th in league standings, 9 points from the Championship Group and 4 points behind their opponent. A long winter break should give them extra energy and confidence ahead of this match, especially when playing in front of their home fans. They have lost 3 consecutive matches, but 2 of it were against the top 3 teams. They are unbeaten in 3 of their last 4 home matches and have scored at least one goal in each of those 4.

Before the break, CSMS IASI have secured 3 wins in a row and as a result, they found themselves placed above the opponent. However, they are not really good on the road as they only managed to secure one win and have lost 6 of their last 10. They have won their last 2 meetings with Pandurii at home, but have lost their previous 2 at Pandurii.

CSMS IASI are the favorite to win based on the odds given, but their performance really bad on the road. So, I’m predicting this going to be a close match and Pandurii to win with 1-0 end result.
:win:

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:53 pm

Its very rare to find this many HOME underdogs, these are all from the Championship this weekend: I havent done the other English Leagues yet. Any advice?

Ipswich  2.88) Draw  3.25) Reading  2.75)

Barnsley  2.9) Draw  3.4) Preston  2.75)

Nottingham Forest  3.05) Draw  3.3) Aston Villa  2.63)

Cardiff  3.1) Draw  3.4) Norwich  2.5)

Wigan  3.2) Draw  3.2) Sheffield Wednesday  2.6)

Brentford  3.3) Draw  3.35) Brighton  2.4)

Burton  3.45) Draw  3.35) Wolves  2.35)

Birmingham  3.8) Draw  3.6) Fulham  2.1)

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:29 pm

The championship games look very tough to call this weekend nors. I have looked at the
Blackburn v QPR fixture with the visitors at around 9/4. As for the home underdogs I
went through some stats for the home wins for Barnsley and N Forest but they seem fragile
at best. Leagues 1 and 2 also look pretty tough to nail down a selection this weekend and
seeing as I don't know enough about the European leagues I currently find myself searching
the non league fixtures. I have hopefully stumbled upon one, which stat and form wise looks
quite reasonable a the moment. When delving into the non league scene it often pays to visit
supporter forums as die hard fans are very knowledgeable and can help you out with the very
latest news on team selection, signings, injuries etc and they are quite happy to share this
once you tell them the reason for the interest

nawoo
Stallion
Tips

Postby nawoo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:35 pm

Spanish La Liga

Gijon v Alaves

Gijon have won just once in their last ten competitive matches and that win was over
another struggling side, Osasuna at home. Alaves with 17 goals have the third worst
attack but they are strong at the back and have lost just once in their last 10 in all competitions.
They have picked up credible draws against Atletico Madrid at home and away at Bilbao and Celta Vigo
in the cup. As pressure is mounting on the hosts who are already 5 points off safety, the visitors will fancy their chances of
a win here even though they have not scored a goal in their last 3 games, as they have already won away at Barca and Villareal.

Alaves @ 3.7 - 888Sport

risto123
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby risto123 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Spanish La Liga

Ronaldo's birthday - sunday 5 february.

Celta Vigo - Real Madrid

19:45

Celta Vigo to win @8.08 in pinnacle.

These 2 recently met in the spanish cup where Celta won 2:1 at the Bernabeu and then saw Real eliminated after 2:2 draw in return leg. Although Real will field arguably more stronger squad this time around then i wouldn't be against it if lightning strikes twice to the same place. After losing first 2 homegames of the season Celta have now lost just 1 of the last 8 homegames in the league. Although Real have lost just 1 awaygame all season they have also won just 1 of the last 5 games on the road. Keeping clean sheets on the road has been real problem for Madrid as they've kept just 4 clean sheets in 15 awaygames so far this season in all competions. Celta have found the net in 19 of the 23 homegames this season. However they did drew goalless with Alaves on thursday... Celta have won 2 of the last 5 h2h homegames. So i wouldn't be surprised at all if they can avoid defeat in this game.