Football One-A-Day ~ February 2017 (3' Prizes)

Pint Size
Stallion
Tips
Posts: 8131
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 am
Location: Old Londons Beer Garden

Football One-A-Day ~ February 2017 (3' Prizes)

Postby Pint Size » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:25 pm

All members are free to join this friendly Competition at any time

Image


Firstly, Welcome to the Football One-A-Day Competition, Nothing has changed its just Tidy with Game Rules in Full, Hall-Of-Fame & Links to Previous months Competitions (eventually) being found Via' Link below;....

(If anybody has any Questions regarding the Rules then please feel free to Contact Me via' PM.)

Link to Rules, Hall-Of-Fame & Previous months;....
http://www.olbg.com/forum/topic3_55345.html

Please READ the RULES as they need to be abided by and to be fair to All members ''IF these RULES are not adhered to then I shall not be able to Score your Predictions.


No #1 Rule is that All members need to Post Predictions with at least a ''60' Word'' minimum (''59' Words'' DON'T Count - ''60 - 1000+ Words DO'') and Your Prediction must be in understandable ENGLISH with the following Template (Template DON'T Count towards ''60' Word'' minimum), Please find Template below;....

1X2 - Name of team to win or draw
HT/FT - Y/Y or X/Y or Draw/Y etc
Over/Under - Over or Under
Correct Score - 2-1 or 1-1 etc

Followed by your reasoning

(Simple Eh', Follow the Rules and Points equal Prizes)

The 3 x Members with the most Points at the end of the month, WINS 1st/2nd/3rd Prizes !!

Note;....
Games will be Posted (few days at a time normally) for the following day along with an up-to-date table.
*If there is No Game Posted by Kick-Off off the Last designated Game that has been Designated/Posted, Then Please feel free to Pick a Game to keep the Competition running smoothly and the 1st Game Posted will be the Selected/Designated Game (Please try to ensure Game chosen is Tough to Predict and preferably Televised so members can enjoy watching the Game they have taken their time to Predict).

There are 3' Prizes in this Competition, As follows;....

Winner (1st) = £10'
Second (2nd) = £5'
Third (3rd) = £5'


Next Games


Wednesday 01st February - England Premiership
West Ham United v Manchester City - 19:45pm - (BT Sport 1')

Thursday 02nd February - England Championship
Huddersfield Town v Brighton & Hove Albion - 19:45pm - (Sky Sports 1')

Friday 03rd February - England Championship
Wigan Athletic v Sheffield Wednesday - 19:45pm
- (Sky Sports 1')

Saturday 04th February - England Premiership
Chelsea v Arsenal - 12:30pm
- (Sky Sports 1')

Sunday 05th February - England Premiership
Leicester City v Manchester United - 16:00pm
- (Sky Sports 1')


All are welcome, Good Luck & Thank you.


========================================

Please Note:

Could some Members please make themselves avaliable to Score throughout ''2017'', Throughout the Months of ''MARCH, MAY & OCTOBER'' ??....
(Whether You can Score just 1, 2 or 3 months ??, All help is greatly appreciated by All), So we can keep this great Competition running smoothly, Thankyou....


========================================

Months already Selected

January > Pint Size
February > Pint Size
March >
April > Hogsback
May >
June > Rachace
July > Rachace
August > Rachace
September > Hogsback
October >
November > Pint Size
December > Hogsback

(If anyone wants to Score a Month already chosen by Myself, Then i'm happy to give-up any requested Month for another Month that hasn't already been chosen by Myself, Thankyou)

========================================

Thankyou & Good Luck

bluemal
Stallion
Tips
Posts: 8880
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Bishopton. SCOTLAND

Re: Football One-A-Day ~ February 2017 (3' Prizes)

Postby bluemal » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:52 pm

Congrats last month winners

Wednesday 01st February - England Premiership
West Ham United v Manchester City - 19:45pm - (BT Sport 1')

1X2.......................Manchester City
HT/FT....................Draw/Manchester City
Over/Under.......Over
Correct Score.....1-3

Manchester City will have no fear with coming back to the London Stadium as they already won 0-5 here in FA Cup and beat the hammers 3-1 at the Etihad Stadium in the first half of the season , Pep has only one player still in the treatment room , They lie 5th on 43pts and Pep looks as if he found a couple of star players and ready for the push in 2nd half of season ,

West Ham United have still got a horrendous injury list and with Payet out the door now they may have a settled side that will play for each other, we'll probably see more aerial balls into the area now with Carroll fit again and don't have to play through Payet ,

I would expect Man City win as they have a more settled side with only 1 out
Glasgow Rangers 1873
World Record 54 League Titles. plus League 3 and 2 and Championship winners ,33 Scottish Cups, 27 League Cups. 1 Challenge Cup 1 ECWC in 1972.
119 Major Trophy's World Record
RANGERS TILL I DIE..SIMPLY THE BEST

jmfwwfc85
2yo
Tips
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Football One-A-Day ~ February 2017 (3' Prizes)

Postby jmfwwfc85 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:13 pm

1X2.......................Manchester City
HT/FT....................Draw/Manchester City
Over/Under.......Over
Correct Score.....1-2

This game is a tricky one to call. As a rule, I tend not to back against the home team and West Ham have been in good form at home recently. Add that to the fact that Man City have been struggling away and arguably an upset could be on the cards. That said, the biggest test for West Ham at home in recent games came against Man Utd, and that ended in a 2-0 defeat for the Hammers.

Statistically this season, Manchester City have won 64% of their away matches with 73% of their matches having over 2.5 goals (82% away from home). Furthermore, West Ham are 13th in the league on home form which is less than average. Consequently, I still can't see Man City walking away with it, and a draw would definitely not surprise me. On the balance of play, I think Man City will just shade it.

RACHACE
Classic Winner
User avatar
Betting Blog Tips
Posts: 945
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Football One-A-Day ~ February 2017 (3' Prizes)

Postby RACHACE » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:12 am

Good luck everyone involved this month.

1X2: Manchester City
HT/FT: Manchester City/Manchester City
Over/Under: Over
Correct Score:1-3

We gave West Ham a bit of a kicking at the beginning of January in the FA Cup 3rd round and we've also won 6 of the last 10 Premier League meetings with them with all 6 of those victories seeing City winning at both half time and full time. 18 of our 20 victories on all competitions this season has seen us win with the game seeing over 2.5 goals too so I'm happy to go with over 2.5 goals here. Our attacking options are unreal at the moment with Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Sterling. Toure, Silva and De Bruyne all available tonight so it's hard to see West Ham being able to cope with all that attacking talent. I think the away win is likely here but Andy Carroll is in form so he may well keep them in the game.
Read my blog Man City's trip to Bournemouth
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412311

Devilimp
At Stud
Tips
Posts: 3004
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:00 pm
Location: Galway

Re: Football One-A-Day ~ February 2017 (3' Prizes)

Postby Devilimp » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:35 am

Wednesday 01st February - England Premiership
West Ham United v Manchester City - 19:45pm

1X2 DRAW
HT/FT WHU/DRAW
Overs/Unders OVERS
Correct Score 2-2


West Ham Utd lost 5-0 to Man City in the FA Cup at the beginning of January, but City face a far stiffer test tonight. West Ham may be without Dimitri Payet, but they have Jose Fonte in their defence and are playing much more as a team. They have won 3 of their last 4 home games and 5 of their last 7 Lge games. Man City are a side full of stars, but they have lost 3 of their last 4 away Lge games and may struggle against WHU's tactics of playing off Andy Carroll, so bringing midfield players such as Antonio, Lanzini and Feghouli into the game, high up the pitch . They have plenty of pace there and with Otamendi and Stones vulnerable, playmaker Bravo, might cough up possession close to his goal, AGAIN. Andy Carroll will relish the challenge and he is in good scoring form. City have an abundance of attacking riches and it will be interesting to see who he pairs with Aguerro, with new signing Jesus, a possible starter.

stretchpaul
Triple Crown Winner
Tips
Posts: 1860
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:00 am

Re: Football One-A-Day ~ February 2017 (3' Prizes)

Postby stretchpaul » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:09 am

Wednesday 01st February - England Premiership
West Ham United v Manchester City - 19:45pm

1X2 West Ham
HT/FT Man City/West Ham
Overs/Unders Overs
Correct Score 2-1

West Ham have won 5 of their last 7 games so they are likely to give Man City a good game tonight.Man City have only won once in their last 4 league games and really if they lose this one then I suspect fans will start to question Pep's managerial status especially if he plays a strange team like he has been known to do in recent games.They did win 5-0 here in the FA Cup but I dont expect any of that young West Ham line up to start.West Ham have come strong in 2nd half of games recently.Look how they turned over Palace,Swansea and Hull with ease after lacklustre 1st half's.So I am going for a bold HT/FT and think that City will perhaps dictate the opener but West Ham on their own patch to boss the closer half.

Delboy980
Stallion
Tips
Posts: 6158
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:00 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: Football One-A-Day ~ February 2017 (3' Prizes)

Postby Delboy980 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:30 am

Wednesday 01st February - England Premiership
West Ham United v Manchester City - 19:45pm

1X2 DRAW
HT/FT DRAW/DRAW
UNDER/OVER UNDER
CORRECT SCORE 1-1
West Ham have won 5 and lost 2 of their last 7 league games played, and sit 10th in the Premiership with 28 points, winning their last match played 1-3 away against Middlesbrough. Man City have won 4 drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 7 league games played, and sit 5th in the Premiership with 43 points , drawing their last match played 2-2 at home against Tottenham. Man City have won 7 and lost 4 of their 11 league away games played, West Ham have won 5 drawn 2 and lost 4 of their 11 home league games played.The last meeting West Ham where well beaten against Man City at home in the FA Cup 0-5 and have lost 3-1 away to Man City earlier in the season. West ham did draw this fixture last season 2-2 and won this fixture 2-1 the previous season. I am taking this match to end in a draw tonight as Man City have only won once in their last 4 league games played , West Ham have won their last 2 league matches on the trot. Common you Hammers

Inquisitorem
Group 3 Class
Tips
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:26 am
Contact:

Re: Football One-A-Day ~ February 2017 (3' Prizes)

Postby Inquisitorem » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:49 am

West Ham United v Manchester City

1/X/2 West Ham United
HT/FT Draw / West Ham United
U/O Over
Correct Score 2-1

It seems almost ridiculous to entertain anything other than a Manchester City win after watching them recently strike gold in the Olympic Stadium, metaphorically speaking. The Citizens truly found a rich vein that evening, but veins can faulter from time to time, and current form suggests that the Etihad outfit, even with Pep at the helm and billions in reserve, are struggling to tap riches in the moment. The Hammers just might be able to take advantage of City whilst they hunt for the footballing treasure that flowed so freely in the early part of the season. Andy Carroll may be a 6ft 4in plodder to some, but on his day he can be premptory, and his authoritative figure could play a significant role in the Citizen's arrest.

STATS On current form, West Ham United have a 50% chance of winning, Manchester City a 38% chance of winning, and the draw a 12% chance. At 50%, West Ham United are still no better than a coin toss! Both have scored and conceded a minimum of 1 goal on average.
Last edited by Inquisitorem on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Football research with serious intent, but not without a sense of humour. Share in my good fortune or, at the very least, have a laugh at my expense!

Cantrill04
2yo
Tips
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:48 am

Re: Football One-A-Day ~ February 2017 (3' Prizes)

Postby Cantrill04 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:59 am

West Ham United Vs Manchester City

1X2 - Manchester City
HT/FT - Draw/City
Over/Under - Over
Correct Score - 1-2


West Ham are coming off the back of two straight wins but I think City will prove to be too strong for them. City absolutely destroyed the Hammers 5-0 in the FA Cup around a month ago and whilst I don't envisage a scoreline of that size, I do think City will beat them again. West Ham are still without key players like Sakho, Noble and Ogbonna and also have a fresh injury to Andy Carroll to contend with. Away win.

schneedler25
Classic Winner
Tips
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Re: Football One-A-Day ~ February 2017 (3' Prizes)

Postby schneedler25 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:14 am

West Ham v Man City

Man City
Man City/Man City
Under
0-2

Man City have been inconsistent this season to say the least but picked up a good win at the weekend away from home and won at the beginning of last month 5-0 in the cup away to West Ham, its unlikely to be as comfortable as on that occasion but West Ham have struggled at home this season and City do have the stronger squad so its likely they will come out on top with 2-0 looking good

schneedler25
Classic Winner
Tips
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Re: Football One-A-Day ~ February 2017 (3' Prizes)

Postby schneedler25 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:14 am

Huddersfield v Brighton

Brighton
Draw/Brighton
Over
1-2

Brighton have been very strong this season winning 18 of their 27 games and 7 of their last 8 in the league, they have won the last 2 meetings between the sides with one of them ending 2-1 and the other 1-0 so they don’t tend to win by many goals when the sides meet, 3 of their last 6 wins have been by this scoreline and I think they have enough about them to just edge this one

schneedler25
Classic Winner
Tips
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Re: Football One-A-Day ~ February 2017 (3' Prizes)

Postby schneedler25 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:14 am

Wigan v Sheff Wed

Draw
Draw/draw
Under
1-1

Sheffield Wednesday have the stronger side but have struggled for wins this season away from home drawing 6 and losing 5 of their 15 away games, they haven’t won any of their last 3 away games in the league and have drawn 2 of them, Wigan’s form has picked up lately winning 3 of their last 4 in all competitions but they still don’t look convincing so the draw appeals here

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jamoochy, kapkap, wonderwall