Weekend Football Accumulators Betting Challenge - Win £10

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Weekend Football Accumulators Betting Challenge - Win £10

Postby tbuckley » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:47 am

Thanks to everybody who joined in again this weekend, I hope doing this is adding some fun to your weekend punting action & that the thread is giving you ideas for bets and different things to learn.

Pirwin very well done on getting a winning accumulator on what was a really tough weekend to get things right on the football, I know from checking the bets in the bookmakers on Saturday night that hardly anybody had got a football accumulator up in my shop, indeed was probably no more than 10 people from probably 300+ who actually put football bets on.

With regards to you missing out on the 6pm Friday entry deadline then of course strictly following the rules set out means your winning doesn't qualify, but I don't wish this to be too serious & all about following rules so I'd say to see exactly what Nors says about this as it's ultimately his call & responsibility to award forum prizes on behalf of OLBG, Nors might well deem your winning bet deserves the prize.

Regarding the 6pm entry deadline would people appreciate it if that's extended to later on the Friday, say 8pm, 10pm etc to allow people more time on Friday too post ?

As I said I don't want this to be about being strict, it's about having fun together & learning, cheering each others bets on so let me know if you want to extend the entry deadline a few hours and I will.

Personally speaking about my own football bets then they were rubbish, just wasn't a very good weekend and one to forget, I'm busy with work all this week & got to sort out getting my new car on Saturday as my current one is destined for the scrapheap, like some of the Leicester City & Crystal Palace players :P

with being busy all this week ahead & with results not going great in last few weeks I've decided to personally leave betting on football alone this week, watch how the next weekend works out & then look again for the following week, so I won't actually have any bets but I'll still join in on here with an accumulator just for the competition, knowing my luck it will probably win!!! :wink:

Hopefully will see plenty joining in again this coming week & all the best to you. :win:
Loving it on OLBG, on twitter @tbuckleythinks :

Top 10 Football Tip markets

Football Tips Strategy to Win

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:11 am

Well done Pirwin with your acca, the idea is that we find winning accas with the best return acca winning a cash prize.

As long as the Acca is posted early enough according to Tommy's guidelines then that is fine. I hope we can grow this thread into a useful guide into winning accas. It seems many members at the weekend bet on accas so we should cover it on the forum. Thanks also to adding your thought as to why its a good acca. We dont just want a list of teams but some explanation as to why others should look/follow the selections

If members take a screenshot of their acca bet and it comes in then please send the screenshot to me and i can add the screenshot to this thread.

+ please find the best odds from a bookie and maybe highlight the difference between best/worst odds on your acca.

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:26 pm

Nors I believe that Pirwin's entry was submitted after the original 6pm Friday deadline but I think out of the spirit of working together to look for winning advice then I think offering Pirwin the payment as a good will gesture will work nicely.

Going forward I've decided to change the rules, I hate using the word rules, and changed the deadline for entries, as below :-

"The simple rules of this Weekend Football Accumulator Betting Challenge are that you have to select a MINIMUM OF 4 FOOTBALL SELECTIONS ie teams to win, goalscorers, correct scores, Both Teams To Score, just has to be a Football Accumulator of 4 selections or more from the football taking place From Friday to Sunday each weekend, the person who returns the best winning accumulator ie biggest odds will win £10 from OLBG.

Entries for each week in by Friday 10.00pm please, would be a great help to include details of selections including Accumulator odds and some detailed reasoning to go with it, also massive help to me that if you win please post your winning total.

I'll do my best to produce a list/table of results each week and a running total, I'll be calculating the returns as to a £1 stake.

deadline changed from 6pm to 10pm on Friday, that way people have the chance to get home from work on Friday evening & then post the bets they are having, the 6pm deadline possibly was too early for some people, the 10pm deadline gives people more chance to get the weekend thoughts in, also gives people who want to follow the bets more time to see them and put them on before the matches kick off on Saturday, obviously you can get your acca's in as early as you want

Thanks again for joining in, nice of OLBG to offer up a prize for members, looking forward to seeing this thread grow & the winning acca's flow :win:

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:29 pm

Winners So far (accumulators equated to £1 stake) :-

Pirwin = £15.57
Stretchpaul = £5

:win:

PIRWIN
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby PIRWIN » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:04 pm

After last week's rare success, I will revisit in hope... Getting this up in plenty of time as I am away on Friday for the weekend. A tough coupon to contemplate again, here goes.

Doncaster to win at Newport 3/4 (Friday night fixture)
Doncaster are flying high at the top of L2 and face the bottom team here in Newport. Newport have struggled to gain any momentum this season and have lost four of their last seven at home. The poor state of the Newport pitch is a slight concern, as is backing at odds-on for an away victory which isn't my usual approach. But there is quite a gulf between these two teams and I have been persuaded by Doncaster this season who are purposeful and together as a group. This is evidenced by their five away wins in their last seven trips. They slipped up in only drawing 1-1 at home to Morecambe last time but I can see them bouncing back here - away win.

Norwich to win at home to Nottingham Forest at 8/13
Norwich have been resurgent in their form in recent weeks drawing 2-2 last time away to Wigan. At home Norwich have won five of their last seven games and look strong. Forest are poor travellers with five defeats in six outings, and have been sustained by their home form. Norwich look like they should be too strong - home win.

Grimsby to win at Crewe at 5/4
Grimsby have had a huge influx of new players as manager Marcus Bignot seeks to make his mark on the squad, and having recently lost top scorer Omar Bogle to Wigan they are looking for a new talisman. Their away form has been largely good with recent wins at Carlisle, Plymouth and Hartlepool. The new players performed well last week in drawing 1-1 with Luton and the trip to Crewe looks winnable given the poor run that the home team are on. Crewe have only won once at home since September, a run of 13 games, and the win over Morecambe is their only win in 17 games. Grimsby can win this one - away win.

Tottenham to win at Liverpool 23/10
Spurs have a relatively poor record at Anfield with a solitary win in 2011 the only one in recent seasons, but they have shown consistent recent form since their narrow 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford in mid-December, with Kane and Ali leading their line they are always a danger in attack. Liverpool have been desperately struggling and I cannot make any case for them at the prices after their recent run of form yielding a single win at L2 Plymouth in the cup in the last ten games. The home side are low on confidence and poor in defence. Spurs away win.

The acca pays 19.98/1 with B365 where I have placed my bet. I've just checked on the acca builder and it looks like better odds 22.39/1 is available with BetVictor.

Inquisitorem
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Inquisitorem » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:25 pm

A tamer effort from me this week ...

DOUBLE CHANCE 7FOLD

Aldershot 1.33
An 81% chance of getting something from this game. Priced as a 75% chance.

Guiseley 1.60
An 84% chance of getting something from this game. Terrific value, priced as a 62% chance.

Mansfield 1.22
Another 84% chance. Market odds are more accurate, but still represent value. Priced as an 81% chance. Mansfield drew 0-0 at Hartlepool, and their impressive defensive figures suggest they can repreat that at the very least.

Oldham 1.30
A 77% chance priced as a 76% chance. So market on target. Oldham drew 0-0 at Coventry which makes sense. Neither side is scoring a goal a game on average, However, Coventry are currently conceding two a game on average. Oldham did well to play the majority of their game with just ten men last week, but still got the better of Chesterfield.

Stoke 1.29
81% chance of getting something and priced as a 77% chance. Palace were thumped last week by Sunderland and currently conceding two goals a game on average. Stoke took a beating at Palace, but can either win or draw this encounter at the Britannnia Stadium.

Sheffield Wednesday 1.22
An 84% chance. Currently conceding less than a goal a game and Birmingham struggling to hit one.

Derby County 1.22
Not sure whether to include this one after Derby's midweek cup effort. County are an 86% chance to win or draw and can improve upon their 1-1 draw at Bristol City if fully recovered. Fingers crossed.

6.48 Bet Victor
Last edited by Inquisitorem on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Football research with serious intent, but not without a sense of humour. Share in my good fortune or, at the very least, have a laugh at my expense!

STEVEOCN
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby STEVEOCN » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:53 pm

My football accumulator for this weekend is based on the English football leagues with the lower leagues the main focus.

Leeds United Vs Cardiff City - LEEDS UNITED @ 11/10
No doubt Gary Monk's men will look to bounce back against Cardiff after a cruel late derby defeat to Huddersfield Town last weekend. Leeds have won six on the bounce at home while Cardiff lost their last two away against Brighton and Reading. United are every bit as strong at home as Brighton and Reading, Leeds are worth backing for the 3pts this saturday.

Bristol Rovers Vs Bradford City - DRAW @ 5/2
1-1 when the teams faced off earlier this season at Valley Parade, when the Bantams last traveled to Bristol Rovers the match was an entertaining 3-3 score draw. Five wins on the bounce at home for Rovers, Bradford's form is mixed but they are a tough side to break down. Score draw for me.

Stevenage Vs Wycombe Wanderers - DRAW @ 23/10
It's been a busy few weeks for Wycombe with a cracking FA Cup tie at White Hart Lane and an EFL Trophy semi final showdown at Coventry. Unfortunately Gareth Ainsworth's men lost both and they fixture pile up put an end to their strong run in League Two. Three defeats on the bounce for Wanderers away from home, Stevenage have gone on a little run in the league with back to back wins against Crawley Town and Grimsby. Consecutive home wins will have Borough confident but I expect a response from Wycombe after the bad result at Coventry midweek. A share of the spoils for me, score draw.

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City - DRAW @ 23/10
Ten wins in twelve for Exeter in League Two, the visitors have won 9 of their last 10 to catapult up to fourth in the table only four points off the automatic play-off spots. Plymouth got back to winning ways with an important 1-0 win at Cambridge United last weekend but they can often be frustated at home as Wycombe, Portsmouth and Newport have shown recently. Five wins in six on the road for Exeter, I fancy their strong run to continue but Home Park is no easy place to leave with 3pts. Score draw, 1-1 for me.

€1 returns €80.04 on this fourfold accumulator.

Good Luck!

stretchpaul
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:15 am

I am going to try a 4 fold overs from matches from the Australian leagues that are played this weekend.There are many goals in these leagues so hopefully a good chance of coming up.

Adelaide vs Perth (A League 10/2 0850) over 2.5@1.58

These two teams have had 24 overs between them from 36 matches..thats a 66% success rate.

Pascoe Vale vs Nth Geelong (Victoria 10/2 0915) over 2.5@1.57

New start to the Victoria league this weekend and the first game as I write this has just gone over (Oakleigh vs Kingston)
Pascoe went over in 16 of their 26 games last season and Geelong are a newly promoted side.

Avondale vs St Albans (Victoria 11/2 0800) over 2.5@1.53

Avondale were one of the best overs from this league last season with 18 overs from 26 games.St Albans are a new promoted side and are expected to struggle at this level.

Western Sydney vs Central Coast (A League 12/2 0600) over 2.5@1.49

21 overs between these two sides this season from 36 matches which is almost a 60% success rate.

returns 5.65

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:59 pm

Top effort people, really appreciate the fantastic posts put up so far for this week, good news is given it's here on OLBG then it's a 1/4 shot there will be many more quality posts, OLBG members really do know the score :win:

As I posted before I'm not actually betting on the football this week and will just watch with interest but for the purpose of this this thread here is my acca for the weekend :-

ASTON VILLA at 3/4 to beat Ipswich, Villa have been inconsistent this season so I don't see this as a banker but surely they'll have too much quality at home against an Ipswich team that really have had a poor, frustrating season including losing 8 of 14 away league games and only scoring 10 away league goals, Villa should have the firepower to beat them

DERBY COUNTY at 17/20 to beat Bristol City, Bristol City have really dived in the last few months & are right in trouble near the wrong end of the table, Derby are chasing a play-off spot and can now focus on that with the F.A. Cup out the way, Derby are strong at home with only 7 league goals conceded at home, Bristol City have lost 10 away in league so Derby win looks solid call.

BRIGHTON at 1/2 to beat Burton, I personally think that this is a case of when 1/2 actually looks good value, Brighton won 11 & drawn 2 of 14 home league matches, they have a lot of quality & will surely be too strong for a Burton side with a poor away record and generally players that can't match the level of Brighton's, should be a home win as long as Brighton are at it.

I really like the look of those 3 in the Championship, to go with them I can't see past SCUNTHORPE at 13/20 to beat League 1 strugglers Shrewsbury at home while LUTON look solid at 3/5 to beat Crawley at home, they'll be massively boosted by their excellent midweek cup win & confidence will be high, home win looks likely.

prices taken from Ladbrokes, together that 5-fold works out at 12/1

all the best & good luck :win:

risto123
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby risto123 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:59 am

All those 5 teams playing on the road this weekend will start with CL games next week.. Therefore i expect all those teams to rest few players for tuesday-wednesday. So let's see how it goes :? Decided to leave Napoli, Benfica and Arsenal out because they are playing at home this weekend...

over 2.5 goals 5FOLD

Bordeaux - PSG 1.85
PSG is unbeaten in 11 games. Bordeaux have lost just 1 of the last 10 games and even that defeat came against tonight's opponents. Only 1/3 of the 12 homegames for Bordeaux this season have gone over 2.5 goals. 7 of the 12 awaygames for PSG went over 2.5 goals. 5 of the last 7 h2h games went over 2.5 goals. PSG is probably more focused on CL(thanks to their owners) although win would take them top of the league and win for Bordeaux would close the cap with 4th place to a point.

Darmstadt - Dortmund 1.61
Darmstadt have won just 2 of the last 15 games. Dortmund haven't lost since late november but they needed penalties on wednesday to move a step closer to the german cup semifinal(yes they've to play quarterfinal first but it's against a 3rd league club so it shouldn't be a problem for them but who wouldn't be against cupset) Darmstadt have scored just one goal in the last 6 homegames. Despite scoring in 8 of the 10 awaygames this season Dortmund have yet to keep a clean sheet on the road. Back in september Dortmund won 6:0 but i expect more closer game this time..

Ingolstadt - Bayern 1.75
Ingolstadt hosts Bayern. 4 of the 9 homegames for Darmstadt have gone over 2.5 and Bayern who have lost just once on the road this season in Germany have seen 5 of their 9 awaygames going over 2.5 goals. Bayern have won all 4 h2h games and 3 of these matches went over 2.5 goals so i expect Bayern to get another win over Ingolstadt and this match to go over 2.5 yet again.

Alaves - Barcelona 1.60
Both teams are unbeaten in the last 7 games. While Barca have kept 3 clean sheets during that time then Alaves have kept 5. Alaves have lost just 2 homegames this season. Barcelona have lost just 1 awaygame in the league this season. And 7 of the 12 awaygames for them went over 2.5 goals. Last 4 h2h games went over 2.5 goals. Earlier in the season Alaves surprised Barca in Camp Nou and these 2 will meet in the CDR final aswell. I predict Barcelona to win big this time..

Osasuna - Real Madrid 1.40
Osasuna have won just 1 of the last 14 games. And they've yet to win at home this season. 7 of the 11 homegames for them so far this season went over 2.5 goals. Real have lost just 1 awaygame all season although it came in their previous match on the road. However 6 of the 8 awaygames for them in spanish league this season have gone over 2.5 goals. Real have won 4 h2h games in a row. Earlier in the season Real won 5:2 so i'm hoping for another highscoring match.

returns 11.71 in bet365

weyayeman
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:21 am

ARSENAL @ 1.28
Arsenal have won all 5 games played against the current bottom 4 sides with an aggregate scoreline of 17-4 and they will surely be out to take a convincing win in this game to keep them in contention for a top 3 finish.
Despite an impressive result against Liverpool last week and a 0-0 against Man Utd, Hull’s overall form shows they have lost 9 of their 12 away games this season whilst scoring only 6 goals and conceding 26.
At 1.28 for the home win this looks the banker in the accumulator to boost the profits

LEEDS @ 1.95
Leeds have won 7 of their last 8 home games with all of the wins coming without conceding a goal. Cardiff have taken only 10 of their 36pts to date from the top half teams with 9 defeats from 16 games (they have lost 5 of 7 away games against top half teams)
Leeds are currently one of the in form teams in the Championship and can continue their good form with a home win today (When writing this I have just noticed the BIG error I made in my OLBG tip write up :oops: )

DERBY @ 1.85
After a run of 9 games with 8 defeats and a draw, Bristol eventually won a game, 1-0, against the current bottom team, Rotherham.
Derby are sitting just below the play-off places having lost only 3 of their last 15 games and they have also lost only 1 of their last 10 home games of which they won 7 .
Derby kept a clean sheet in 7 of their last 10 home games and it is hard to see beyond a home win.

STOKE @ 2.15
Stoke are settling into their usual mid table position as they continue to take most of their points from teams in the bottom half of the league .
Stoke have only 2 wins in their last 10 games but against the current bottom 4 teams they have won 4 of 5 games and on Saturday against 19th placed Palace they can take 3 points as they face a side that have taken only 5 points from their last 10 games.

ACCUMULATOR ODDS OF 9.93

Crofty11
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Crofty11 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:36 am

My weekend acer is, All on the Coral coupon

Sunday: 12.30 Hearts to be Hibs Evens Coral coupon- Edinburgh derby, so bragging rights very important here, i expect full on encounter. Hearts 4th in premier v's top of the championship. I think that Hearst have been playing against better opposition at the top of the table than Hibs have faced in their division , I expect hearts to prove the stronger

Sat 3.00: Stoke againstC palace. palace have only won one away that was against a very poor bournemouth, and stoke are difficult to beat at home the slight worry is that they have draw 4 of their last 5 at home, two of them against man U and Everton.

Sat 3.00: Pompey to beat Accrington 8/11- Although pompey have lost three of the last 5 they were against Doncaster , Exeter and Wycombe all top of the table types, i think they will hold too many aces for an inconsistent Accrington whose last 5 games have been against lower placed teams in the divsion.

sat 3.00: Yeovil to beat Leyton orient 10/11 Orient have lost 5 on the bounce conceding two goals a game, yeovil are no great shakes themselves scoring just over goal a game in the last 5 i hope they will prevail.

pays 12.85 not including stake