Your Opinion On the January Transfer Window

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Your Opinion On the January Transfer Window

Postby nors » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:07 am

January 1 kicks off the transfer window, teams get the chance to buy, sell and loan players.

So do we think this is a good idea?

Is it fair that the richer teams can bolster their squad mid season?

Can astute managers and boards make a difference?

Any players from past January transfer windows who have made a huge difference to your team?

Which areas of your team do you think need improving?

Which players need to be moved out from your team and why?

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Your Opinion On the January Transfer Window

Postby LustForLeith » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:09 pm

From a netrauls point of view I think its going to be an interesting transfer window in January. I can see some crazy spending going on. I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Sunderland properly go for it to try and get themselves off the bottom end of the table.

I'm sure Man City have said the only person they're signing is the kid they're getting from Brazil. If I was Arsene Wegner I'd buy some cotton wool and contract extensions for Ozil and Sanchez!

I think Man United need to bring in some players or maybe work out what style of play their going for. They've also got a lot of players they could do with getting rid of.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:14 am

Has anything changed for your team after the weekend matches?

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:01 pm

Arsenal.. Need another defender, a top class one after City game.
So they can shut up shop make it hard other team etc.

Norwich certainly need another striker they know lack fire power up front.
They certainly need couple defenders leaking in too many goals..
Plus their play off s chances slipping by each week, see who they get in window :?
To steady the boat!!

stretchpaul
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:48 pm

Hull City need an entire new team or they are going to finish bottom of the league for sure.When the new owners are finally in place then hopefully they will sack Phelan who is clearly out of his depth at this level and bring in someone who has Premiership management experience.We will be down before April if this does not happen imo :(

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:58 pm

[quote="UnderdogsLover"]Arsenal.. Need another defender, a top class one after City game.
So they can shut up shop make it hard other team etc.

I have not seen as much of the premiership this year as i normally do and after i saw your comment about Arsenal still needing a top class defender i was wondering how Shkodran Mustafi had settled in and if he was worth the money?

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:36 pm

hi titans choice.

Well first am pleased that Hector Bellerin signed extended contract, i really like him, and they wanted keep him to. :)
so signing extended contract bit like a signing.

i was wondering how Shkodran Mustafi had settled in and if he was worth the money?

Am not sure don t watch many matches on TV now, only watch highlights as got to many things catch up on etc..

chestnutflamesprite
2yo
Tips

Postby chestnutflamesprite » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:49 am

I'm interested if there is truth to speculations that James Rodriguez will go to Chelsea. :hope:

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:19 pm

Maybe with Fabregas back in favour at Chelsea would Conte think Rodriguez may not be needed?

I would think Man City need some players or more pointedly Guardiola may think that, i reckon he is underwhelmed by some of his players, all of his defenders imo do not seem to be performing.

Arsenal have enough players, its keeping them fit and making sure they play as a team.

Liverpool and Tottenham may sign 1 or 2.

In the Championship Newcastle may sign some after recent blips and Brighton if they have any money.

monkeytennis
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby monkeytennis » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:42 am

As a Spurs fan I'd be surprised if we signed anyone.

We've had a lot of injuries so far this season but everyone is either back or almost back now so some of them will be like new signings.

Also we rarely do real business in January. I see we are being linked with Isco again but I was under the impression he was beginning to force his way into Zidane's plans recently and he'll surely get a better offer than us if he does move on.

If we do make a signing it will most likely be an Alli type for a youngster where we agree the deal in January and they remain at their club until the summer.

Would be great to bolster our attacking midfield options if we did do business.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:29 pm

We have SkySports ready to go mad but it seems the majority of moves are east to China. Anything to note from your club?

stretchpaul
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:36 pm

Pleased that we are trying to bring in quality players especially at the back.Elabdellaoui,Evandro and now Ranocchia who they signed from Inter today,are all players that have played in the Champions League.I really think Silva is a promising manager who knows how to find good players so mabye,just mabye we might have a chance of staying up.