Can You Become A Profitable Football Tipster?

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Can You Become A Profitable Football Tipster?

Postby nors » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:47 pm

Botev composed a blog on how to become profitable footy tipster which you can read here https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=411854

Many members have been tipping on OLBG for a long period of time, how have you managed to profit?

What mistakes did you make that you have now cut out?

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Can You Become A Profitable Football Tipster?

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:50 pm

Great blog and interesting point.

Profability I'd say would come down to self discipline. Having a budget you can afford to lose, a market you can focus on and rules that you stick by.

For me just now I'm hitting a small profit on over 2.5 goals. I mentioned for instance that the Scottish Development Leagues tend to have a lot of goals. I'll start with a budget and aim for a target sum.

I'll also have an over 2.5 goals flutter at the weekend. Its a bet I love as you're not bothered about who scores as longer somebody scores enough!

A good thing to do is to make tips on here and have way judge how much profit you could make or money you could lose before you bet!

Mr Blue
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Mr Blue » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:18 am

I'm a bit confused as to what is meant by football tipster in this case.

Unless it means making money from selling tips? I assume it must as I cannot see any advantage whatsoever in going to all the trouble the blog suggests just to give away tips.

Ok then.

Clearly the best way to be make money from selling tips is to find the best tipsters,whether free or paid,and sell some of their tips with say your very best 40 tips of the year thrown in to keep yourself honest. You're not doing anything wrong because you are having to be a good judge of judges which takes skill.

But assuming that's out of the question -though it really shouldn't be-I really do think that many people make this so much harder than it needs to be.

Being a mere tipster is way easier than trying to make a signicant profit from betting real money. The thing is it's not stated how much profit is profit. If it's just 5% then ,goodness me,just give as few tips as you can get away with. Anyone who can't make 5% profit from their top 40 bets of the season clearly doesn't know as much as they think they do.

Good luck

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:01 pm

We like your posts Mr Blue as they create interesting debate and are always shrouded in us wanting to find out more from you :win: You can start posts that create debate and we would welcome your input.

A football tipster is someone who tips on football, he or she can have their own raison d'etre for tipping on football, it may not necessarily be to make money as they may already be stinking rich, if through their tips they receive plaudits from others and win a bit of free cash they may be perfectly happy with those 2 outcomes.

We use the term on OLBG for someone who uses the football tipping competition, and as would like the best tipsters and best comments on OLBG anything that helps the tipster make virtual profits and their tips to be followed by others is an aim for OLBG.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Are you profitable so far in 2017?

Have you done anything different that you can pass on to your fellow tipsters?

danbradley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby danbradley » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:38 pm

I think the most important aspect of betting in general whether on football or anything else is to be patient!

A lot of us will find bets that we think look decent all the time, and for the fun of the tipster competition I might do plenty of tips for the weekend's games, but when it comes to placing real money, and in decent sums, we need to be really selective and wait for those top quality bets that only come around once or twice a week if we want to make solid and consistent profit. Another thing worth taking into account is the number of offers available, so making sure to always make use of these when they are around is a good way to make sure we are profitable. If half of our bets are being paid for using free bets, then we are generally going to come out on top.

The key is then not to get ahead of ourselves and necessarily betting away the winnings. I don't like to have a 'betting bank' like others do as for me, personally, I feel more inclined to place bets that aren't necessarily the best I've seen if there is money sitting in my account waiting to be used. I know if I am willing to make a good deposit then I am confident about a bet. Of course it's all a matter of opinions and what works best for others though.

New Blog: Saints vs Man Utd Preview
Follow me on Twitter: @DanBradleyTips

campbell64
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby campbell64 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:40 am

Been betting on football for a number of years. The Acca is more popular than ever with many bookmakers offering money back if one selection lets you down. For me the multi team Acca can provide a good profit if lucky to get one up and punters can sometimes think having 10 so called good things in an ACCA they cant lose, but if you look every weekend at all the long odds on faves you will always get a couple that lost, making the large multi team ACCA very hard to get up.

For me its about looking for Value so I try not to pick too many odds on and look for value in the draw where you are always going to get 2/1 plus. I select 4 draws in a Lucky 15 with singles on each one. I have had a few come in but more importantly I always get at least one correct which means a get a return and more often than not show a profit.

So my advice when backing football is to steer clear from the long odds on.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Can I become a profitable football tipster, I bet we all wish we could, I wonder how many times punters pick up their coupon for the weekend or midweek and think, wonder if I can win my fortune this time around with ten teams or more, or possibly play three from each group of teams highlighted by the local bookie to win the giant sum.

I expect we all been there and realise these type of bets are hard to come by and to be honest I do these type of bets on the odd occasion with small stakes to win something nice.

I will tell you yes, I can become a football tipster but will I be in profit at the end of the season, now I have to be honest on this line and the truth of the matter is yes, I have been in profit at the end of the season, the reason I know this, I kept a track of all my football bets.

These football bets were of accumulators with five or six games, taking in teams that are in good form and showing they can score goals.
When a coupon comes your way, the dividend is good and this can set you up for the season and a profit can be gained.

Like tonight football, I might head into the Champions League but I more than likely go for the Championship along with division one and two, with a five fold on away teams as the top clubs could come good with prices reflecting a nice return.

To be a good tipster you have to have luck on your side with knowledge of course but the LUCK factor counts a lot, ask the punter who waits for one team for the accum to come good.

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:01 pm

To make a living from football betting one would need a very healthy betting bank to start out with
I would imagine you would also have tested out a system in finding the most profitable market as you
couldn't do various markets, you would have to concentrate on one or two and I doubt very much they
would be home, draw or away over 90 minutes. Total goals and hcp markets I presume would be the
way to go. I have been successful for the last two seasons but certainly couldn't make a living from it
So in answer to the question, then yes I can become profitable but need a proper income also

sofaking
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby sofaking » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Been betting on football for a number of years. The Acca is more popular than ever with many bookmakers offering money back if one selection lets you down. For me the multi team Acca can provide a good profit if lucky to get one up and punters can sometimes think having 10 so called good things in an ACCA they cant lose, but if you look every weekend at all the long odds on faves you will always get a couple that lost, making the large multi team ACCA very hard to get up.

For me its about looking for Value so I try not to pick too many odds on and look for value in the draw where you are always going to get 2/1 plus. I select 4 draws in a Lucky 15 with singles on each one. I have had a few come in but more importantly I always get at least one correct which means a get a return and more often than not show a profit.

Never tried the Lucky 15 but it looks interesting. Might give it a go today and see how it goes. Which bookies offer the best odds for this? :hope:

campbell64
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby campbell64 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:21 am

Never tried the Lucky 15 but it looks interesting. Might give it a go today and see how it goes. Which bookies offer the best odds for this? :hope:
Betfred are usually good with their Football offers but if you are looking to sign up to a new Bookmaker shop around to see who has the best sign up offer, there are a lot of excellent bonuses and free bet offers at the moment to coincide with the Cheltenham Festivial. Good Luck :win:

Ogenki
2yo
Tips

Postby Ogenki » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:31 pm

Racing Post tipsters on Saturday were asked for their tip of the weekend. Fleetwood West Ham Millwall Borussia Moenchengladbach Ipswich and Luton. Makes you wonder who they really work for, the bookies or the Racing Post.