UK Football Betting Discussion (Non Prem) 20th/21st

nors
Legend
Tips

UK Football Betting Discussion (Non Prem) 20th/21st

Postby nors » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:07 am

Discussions & Selections on all games (Non Premier League) for Saturday & Sunday, including from the

Championship:
Derby v Aston Villa
Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds

League 1:
Scunthorpe v Gillingham

What leagues and matches will you be watching and betting on?

Please try and give a short explanation so that your bets and opinions can help others.
OLBG Community Manager.

torpedo
2yo
Tips

Postby torpedo » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:31 pm

Hi

I tried to make my own topic for this but I cant because I'm a new member. A lot of it is Premiership but there's some Championship too so i thought I'd post it here looking for help!!

I should start by confessing just how little I know about football but my friends are all into it. Most years we do a fantasy football league but this year instead it's a sort of prediction game where we've all thrown in £25 and there'll be around 500 for the winner. Basically we have to predict 3 things per game - Win/Draw/Loss, Correct Score and a goalscorer. One of the lads chooses the games each week and he does the scoring too (I'm not actually sure how the scoring works if I'm honest).

Anyway, this week's games:
Swansea v Hull
Spurs v Crystal Palace
Burnley v Liverpool
Watford v Chelsea
West Brom v Everton
Leicester v Arsenal
Sunderland v Middlesbrough
West Ham v Bournemouth
Birmingham v Wolverhampton
Bristol v Newcastle

It's not that I'm looking for people to do it for me but really want to have a good go at it this year because it's £25 down the drain if not and a lot of slagging so if anyone has any particular fancies for a likely goalscorer or two, or could predict a score or two, it would be great. Thanks in advance

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby tbuckley » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:08 pm

Hello there torpedo

welcome to OLBG & hope you enjoy joining in.

regarding the challenge you mention then it's actually something very similar as to what I do with my son and what I've mentioned on here before, for some fun I'll have a go at giving my answers and you can see what you make of them :-

Swansea v Hull
Swansea 2-0 & Sigurdsson to score

Spurs v Crystal Palace
Tottenham 2-1 & Eriksen to score

Burnley v Liverpool
Liverpool 2-1 & Firminho to score

Watford v Chelsea
Chelsea 2-1 & Willian to score

West Brom v Everton
Everton 2-1 & Lukaku to score

Leicester v Arsenal
Arsenal 3-1 & Sanchez to score

Sunderland v Middlesbrough
Sunderland 2-0 & Defoe to score

West Ham v Bournemouth
West Ham 2-1 & Payet to score

1-1 & Hooper to score

Birmingham v Wolverhampton
1-1 & Bodvarsson to score

Bristol v Newcastle
Newcastle 2-1 & Gayle to score

they would be my best guesses, good luck with whatever you go for.

going back to the main point of this thread & non premier league matches then I'm including QPR to beat Preston in my multiple as Preston have lost their main goalscorer Joe Garner and look to be struggling this season, NORTHAMPTON look a fairly solid pick against Wimbledon who keep losing & conceding goals, I also like the look of SCUNTHORPE at home vs Gillingham, 2-0/2-1 type scorelines appeal to me in all 3 of those matches.

I fancy that NEWCASTLE will be too strong for Bristol City now they've got the confidence of that 4-1 win behind them, Bristol City can test them so Over 2.5 goals & both teams scoring looks tempting in that one.

I've also gone for a few draws in the lower leagues ie Brighton vs Reading, Fulham vs Cardiff, Birmingham vs Wolves, Walsall vs Charlton as they all look really close games to call, wouldn't surprise me to see 1-1/2-2 scorelines in a few of those.

we'll see what happens with that lot, I must stress it's only very small stakes for me and that's all I recommend given how early in the season it is and how teams are still settling down.

good luck & all the best to everybody :win:
Loving it on OLBG, on twitter @tbuckleythinks :

Top 10 Football Tip markets

Football Tips Strategy to Win

mathewb17
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby mathewb17 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:25 pm

Tommy do us all a favour and start up the old footy treble thread again found it very usefull last season some good pointers last year if ya not to busy :win: :wink:

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:45 pm

Tommy do us all a favour and start up the old footy treble thread again found it very usefull last season some good pointers last year if ya not to busy :win: :wink:
hi matthew
If Tommy is busy with other threads/blogs I am sure he wouldn't mind you starting it up mate :win:

mathewb17
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby mathewb17 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:59 pm

Cheers mazey how do i go about doing that not to clued up on all this witchcraft lol :win:

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:05 am

Cheers mazey how do i go about doing that not to clued up on all this witchcraft lol :win:
Go to the "other football betting" forum and click on new topic in the top left. Then put the title in the subject box and away we go :win:

veedub
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby veedub » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:46 am

Hartlepool v Notts County

The home side are unbeaten so far this campaign and showed great resilience in their midweek trip to Crewe as with eighteen minutes remaining in their game at Crewe they trailed 3-1. Craig Hignett’s men dug deep and scored twice to ensure that they left with a share of the spoils.
Notts County have earned just one point so far this campaign and that was at home to what IMHO think is a poor Stevenage side & they are coming here off of the back of a mid-week defeat to a side that their now current boss used to mange, possibly not good for morale me thinks.
The home win looks on paper to me to be a decent value bet.

Hartlepool @ 2.5 bet365
#COYG

veedub
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby veedub » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:37 am

Looking at The Championship today could anyone put me off of backing QPR & Brighton to both win?

Both teams are in-form albeit QPR lost last time out but back at Loftus Road where they are strong I would expect a home win against a poor Preston.
Brighton are in decent nick after a draw away at Derby on day one and have followed that up with beating Forest & Rotherham.

Both QPR & Brighton are odds against to win their games? Am I missing something?

Double pays around 4.5
#COYG

jammuss
Group 3 Class
Tips

one a day competition

Postby jammuss » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:56 am

Torpedoe, if you look on the foram, and go to one a day thread football competition it sounds very similar to this mate, good luck

OlbgDeleted428180
2yo
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted428180 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Derby County vs Aston Villa >> under 2.5 goals >> Derby County has a pretty solid defense and they are not really conceding too many goals in this start of the season so far, but they are also not scoring too many goals so far as they have been a pretty cautious side so far, this while Aston Villa themselves only lost 1-0 away from home at Sheffield Wednesday in this start of the season, they have Roberto Di Matteo as their coach and he is an underish type of coach who likes his teams to defend well first of all so I do not see this game here going over here.

jammuss
Group 3 Class
Tips

UK football

Postby jammuss » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:01 am

Ive sorted out a good price ht/ft double that i think has every chance,
1st game : Accrington v Morcambe, I couldnt believe the price of Morcambe winning this game when you consider what form there both in and where they are in the league, take Accrington who won there 1st match but have since lost 2 and drawn 1, they are conceding nearly 2 goals a game. Heres the good bit, Morcambe are full of confidence having won there last 4 matches, in those 4 games they have scored 8 goals, they are in the next round of the micky mouse cup and sit top of league 2, 17 places higher than Accrington. You can get 18/5 for Morcambe in 90mins but i like the look of draw/Morcambe at 9/1. Morcambe have won 2 of there 3 wins draw/win.

2nd game : Orient v Mansfield, Last week the O's gave me a 5/1 winner backing them to beat Grimsby Draw/Orient, the game was 0-0 at half time then the O's go 1-0 up in the 58th min and are 2 up by the 77th min, Grimsby obliged with there goal (92nd min) and it was happy days,This game is tougher,mark my words but the O's can definatley hold there own in this league as ive watched for many a year, As the O's have home advantage im taking them to win this match, there 'even' money which isnt bad but i like the look of 9/2 having them win draw/win.
The best way forward is 2 singles and a double i think, the double pays about 9/1 backing them in 90mins, but the ht/ft double pays a whopping 55/1

Good luck all