The Weekend Football Betting Challenge 2016/17 - join in!!!

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Re: The Weekend Football Betting Challenge 2016/17 - join in!!!

Postby mazeymay » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Nice to see the site back after the work being carried out
Treble for me this week
Since losing three of their first four games Sheffield United are now unbeaten in ten and winning seven of those
They have won their last four at home and kept clean sheets in the last three
MK Dons have lost three and drawn one of their last four
They are stronger on the road and have gained seven points from the last five played
Manager Karl Robinson was relieved of his duties last week so maybe there is a different atmosphere around the place
but I still see the hosts taking the points based on recent form

Plymouth lost their first two games this term but are now on a twelve game unbeaten run which has seen them gain
maximum points in ten of those. They sit four points clear of the League 2 table
Colchester are winless in seven, drawing four of those games and sit in 15th position. Their away record is one win,
three draws and three defeats, they have lost the last two

Cardiff have reacted to the arrival of Neil Warnock in positive fashion, winning twice and drawing once in the
three games since he was installed. They have taken four points off sides in the top six at present
Wigan are 2nd bottom at present and their away form reads two draws and five defeats from seven, they have
managed to draw three of their last four games but have failed to score in five of their last seven

Sheffield United 10/11
Plymouth 11/10
Cardiff City 8/7
The treble pays 15/2

weyayeman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:23 pm

I finally got a return on this bet,when the site was down, but only a 5.88point return, but better than nowt - I will have to go over my bets and update my current P/L (or should that just be L )

todays bet is

Sheff Utd 1.83
Fulham 2.37
Cardiff 2.2
Derby v Sheff Wed OVER 2.5 goals 2.4

1.25pt trebles & 1 pt 4fold
total staked + 6pts

total return if 4 winners = 75.8 pts

All bets are taken from my competition entries with reasoning

richmiester
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby richmiester » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:41 pm

Four fold I have put on this weekend.

Man Utd/Man Utd on Half Time/Full Time
After a run of difficult games, a fixture at home to Burnley is one Man Utd should comfortably win. Burnley have lost all three away games, conceding three in all three of them and I see a few goals for Man Utd here. I expect a similar performance as to the one against Leicester and Fenerbahçe where they scored in the first half and won the game comfortably.

Leeds to win
Leeds beat a good Norwich side in mid-week on pens and at home they have been good of late. They are unbeaten in four and won three of them. Burton's away record reads W0 D4 L3 and they have failed to score in the last two. With Leeds recent good home form I expect them to beat Burton here.

Northampton v Bury Over 2.5 goals
Both sides recent fixtures have seen a few goals. 8 of Northampton's last 10 games have seen three or more goals scored and 4 of their last 5 home games have seen over 2.5 goals. Bury have 9 of their last 11 games see three or more goals whilst away from home, 5 of their 7 have seen three or more scored.

Accrington Stanley v Newport
Accrington have lost just two of their last 10 fixtures and are unbeaten in four home games. They host a Newport side who have struggled in this league and are without a win in 11 games. Away from home Newport have failed to score in their last four and lost 4 of their 7 away games. Accrington have W3 D2 L2 of their home games and have scored in all of them and I fancy them to beat Newport here.

Man Utd/Man Utd
Leeds
Over 2.5 goals Northampton/Bury
Accrington Stanley

Pays @ 12.19
Twitter: richwarner123

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:22 am

I've been very busy lately with work & family stuff etc but turns out the forum was down for quite a while so busy spell fell at a good time..

This week I'm enjoying being off work with my family, not been cheap as it's my wife's birthday and so I'm in need of a boost to my finances via a winning football bet this weekend, also going to Wetherby with OLBG so need to replace the cash I'll be spending there.

football been really tough to get right so far this season, been absolutely torture for different reasons while the forums been down, last week was just a disaster, previous week I had the nightmare of a 93rd minute goal costing my bets and meaning that instead of my blog producing a 30+ point profit, it produce a 10pt loss and that's left the figures looking poor, so close to it looking so much better.

However, that's the way it goes when you gamble, nothing is easy and you just have to keep trying to get it right & hope for a break from Lady Luck, my weekend football betting challenge blog now onto week 12 and here is the link with the details of how it's going & bet for this weekend :-

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=411826

here are the bets I'm going for :-

Super Heinz + acca :-

ARSNENAL at 2/5 to beat Sunderland
STOKE at 19/20 to beat Swansea
MAN CITY at 4/9 to beat West Brom
NEWCASTLE at 3/4 to beat Preston
SCUNTHORPE at 3/4 to beat Swindon
SHEFFIELD UNITED at 4/5 to beat MK Dons
PLYMOUTH at Evens to beat Colchester

Accumulator :-

NEWCASTLE at 3/4
BOLTON at 8/11
SHEFFIELD UNITED at 4/5
PLYMOUTH at Evens
CELTIC at 2/3
CHELSEA at 5/4
MAN UNITED at 1/5

Let's see how that lot gets on, can't really be much worse than last weekend after all those coupon busters, OLBG raceday weekend usually lucky for me so that's what I'm hoping for again this time around both with the horses at Wetherby & on the football, all the best to everybody and good luck with your own bets. :win:
Excellent so far with those Tommy, roll on Monday night to Stoke :hope:

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:05 am

Indeed Tony, fingers & everything else crossed for a Stoke win, I've had several near misses already this year with the super Heinz & acca bet, really don't want to suffer that fate of 6 out of 7 again, time for Lady Luck to shine on me, really hope it comes in as it will make a huge difference to the blog and my wallet, more importantly help anybody who followed my bet.

I really hope Stoke do it, I will be at work but thankfully I'll be able to have it on the TV at work so will keep an eye on the match, as I said fingers & everything else crossed :hope:
Loving it on OLBG, on twitter @tbuckleythinks :

Top 10 Football Tip markets

Football Tips Strategy to Win

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:09 am

by the way if you'd seen the full blog this week then you would have seen this was the 2nd bet posted :-

"£2 accumulator
NEWCASTLE at 3/4
BOLTON at 8/11
SHEFFIELD UNITED at 4/5
PLYMOUTH at Evens
CELTIC at 2/3
CHELSEA at 5/4
MAN UNITED at 1/5

£2 accumulator = £97.94"

MAN UNITED at 1/5 let me down, absolutely unbelievable failing to beat Burnley at home, Burnley simply don't do away matches & don't really do anything but defend, United couldn't score even with 200 shots, Ibrahimovic not at it, knowing my luck they'll score 6 in the next match!!!

real shame as that would have been huge for the blog would have turned a 40+ point loss into a 50 point profit with the super Heinz returns still to add in, just like with the Brighton match other week, it just shows how fine the margins are, please Stoke don't let me suffer again!!!

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:21 am

LOVE YOU STOKE CITY, WILFRED BONY MY NEW HERO!!! :D

Stoke beating Swansea tonight help complete this little beauty as posted on my weekend football betting challenge blog :-

"Week 12 - 10 pt Weekend Betting Plan

0.05 pt Super Heinz (120 bets x 0.05p = £6) + £2 accumulator

fully correct super Heinz part at those odds would return = £54.32

£2 accumulator would return = £86.95

Total potential return = £141.27, potential profit = £131.27 "

that will do nicely 10 pt total stake on the blog, 141 pt return delivering a 131 pt profit this weekend & putting the blog as a hole into a very healthy near 100 pt profit, I just hope plenty followed the blog & followed the bet!!! :win:

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:42 am

LOVE YOU STOKE CITY, WILFRED BONY MY NEW HERO!!! :D

Stoke beating Swansea tonight help complete this little beauty as posted on my weekend football betting challenge blog :-

"Week 12 - 10 pt Weekend Betting Plan

0.05 pt Super Heinz (120 bets x 0.05p = £6) + £2 accumulator

fully correct super Heinz part at those odds would return = £54.32

£2 accumulator would return = £86.95

Total potential return = £141.27, potential profit = £131.27 "

that will do nicely 10 pt total stake on the blog, 141 pt return delivering a 131 pt profit this weekend & putting the blog as a hole into a very healthy near 100 pt profit, I just hope plenty followed the blog & followed the bet!!! :win:
:<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>: :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>: :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>:

weyayeman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:45 am

good result for you last weekend :win:

I keep getting 2 of my 4 selections up with only 1 treble up from all bets to date.
after last weekend my results to date are:

No of bets 11
total staked = 66pts
returns = 5.88pts
profit/loss = -60.12 points

It is reaching the point where I need 4 winners just to cancel out the losses to date, maybe this weekend i can do it :D

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:26 pm

Cheers lads, thanks for the support and making the effort to contribute :win:

Let's hope we all have luck this weekend, I'm going for something different with the my weekend football betting challenge blog as I'm going to watch Alfreton Town vs Newport in the F.A. Cup and I'm basing my bets for the blog on that match :-

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=411863

as usual my full thoughts & details are on the blog, here are the bets I'll be cheering on while I'm there on Sunday :-

Alfreton Double Chance (Win or Draw) 7 pts at Evens
Alfreton Town to win & Both Teams To Score 1 pts at 5/1
Alfreton Town to win 2-1 0.5 pts at 11/1
Alfreton Town to win 3-1 0.5 pts at 25/1
Alfreton Town to win 3-2 0.5 pts at 25/1
Alfreton vs Newport 2-2 0.5 pts at 11/1

While there are bigger, higher profile matches on Sunday, I'll be at the Impact Arena cheering on my local side, if they win or draw I'll be happy for everybody involved, if they win by one of the scores noted then I'll be back down Alfreton soon to enjoy a few pints in the local!!! :win:

all the best to everybody this weekend, fascinated to see what football bets you have, good luck with them all :win:

Carlos4
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Carlos4 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:43 pm

Cardiff let me down last week so onward and upward.

West Ham v Stoke-Draw @ 13/5. It would be easy to recomend a Stoke win but think West Ham will do enough to deny them all 3 points here.

Wigan v Reading. Reading win @ 21/10. Even though Wigan ruined my bet last week I think Reading will have too much for them and they are a cracking bet.

Bury v Wimbledon. Wimbledon win @ 2/1. Bury lost last 4 including a 2-1 home loss to Wimbledon.

Treble pays just over 32/1. Good luck all, Carlos.

weyayeman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:08 am

I wasn't sure what to put in the bet as the majority of my bets are on the Asian Handicaps today

teams I think could put in a good show away from home today are
Derby
Reading
Birmingham
QPR

but, I have decided to leave out any away wins and have decided to go for the following bet. I would usually just stick to singles when it comes to backing the draw but I think of the 2 draws I have included, at least 1 of them should come in or better still, both :win:

usual bet of
3 * 1.25pt trebles & 1pt 4fold

Norwich to win 1.9
Burnley v C Palace to draw 3.25
West Ham v Stoke to draw 3.6
N Forest V QPR over 2.5 goals

If all 4 come in, payout = 126.54pts