The Weekend Football Betting Challenge 2016/17 - join in!!!

Crofty11
Group 1 Class
Tips

Re: The Weekend Football Betting Challenge 2016/17 - join in!!!

Postby Crofty11 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:43 pm

No joy last week. ( after timing i had Chelsea to win 3-1 on the other thread!!)

Todays Odds on TrBle

Stoke vs burnley. Burnley are improving but I don't think enough to get anything at Stoke. 8/13

Falkirk and Arbroath in Scotland both going well 4/9 and 8/15 respectively.

2 points Treble

Odds against

Southampton at palace.. Saints doing well and have the squad to win this. 6/5

Hearts who are flying against a struggling ross County at 11/10

Derby at Wigan , the only worry is that Wigan finally get their act together but perhaps not today 11/10

1 point Tble

And a 1 point 6 fold.

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:02 pm

Big thanks again to those that joined in with thoughts last weekend, there were some strange results again so you hit the right ones, I know from working in the bookies that it was tough for people to hit winning bets on the football so I hope somebody did.

My own F.A. Cup Yankee was frustrating, 2 winning teams, a void match & Plymouth failing to win at home despite playing against 10 men of league 2 bottom side Newport, couldn't believe they could only manage a 0-0, the be returned about half the stake but a win for Plymouth would have been profit, again that's how it goes sometimes and we move on.

This weekend I'm trying something different again with no Premier League selections and only 2 domestic choices in my Super Heinz + acca, details of how the blog is going available on the link below :-

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=411998

this is the bet I'm going for this weekend :-

Super Heinz + acca :-

PSG at 1/3 to beat Nice
LYON 4/7 to beat Rennes
NEWCASTLE UNITED at 4/9 to beat Birmingham City
SHEFFIELD UNITED at 4/9 to beat Swindon
RB LEIPZIG at 8/11 FC Ingoldstadt
DORTMUND at 6/10 to beat Cologne
JUVENTUS at 5/6 to beat Torino

So I'm going to matches in England, France, Italy & Germany, a real mix and hopefully my Eurovision style bet pays off and I hope the bookies don't say "Tommy Nil point" :lol: :wink:

I'll be working at Doncaster races again this weekend so I'll have to keep a check on the scorelines while I'm there, really looking forward to seeing what people go for and I wish you all the best with your bets, really want you to make your bookies suffer this weekend :win:
Loving it on OLBG, on twitter @tbuckleythinks :

Top 10 Football Tip markets

Football Tips Strategy to Win

Carlos4
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Carlos4 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:08 am

A forgettable last week so can only get better.

Aston Villa to beat Wigan @ 3/4. Steve Bruce got Villa back on an even keel and will forgive the result v Leeds. Wigan struggling.

Charlton to beat Bradford @ 16/5. Bradford may be 4th but struggling to score lately. Think Charlton are going to surprise them.

Grimsby to beat Portsmouth @ 31/10. Might be a bit of a stretch but Grimsby have been in good form whereas Pompey have been patchy.

Treble pays out at just over 29/1. Good luck all, Carlos.

weyayeman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:21 am

A poor performance last weekend with a zero return :-(

I need a win today otherwise the P/L will move into the red.

Today I have gone for 3 very short priced outright wins with an overs goal bet that looks slightly overpriced to me, fingers crossed I can keep in the Black.

Summary of bets to date:

No of bets 16
total staked = 96pts
returns = 100.15pts
profit/loss = 4.15 points

for this weeks bets I am going for:

4 * 1.25 trebles & 1pt 4fold
total staked = 6pts

Arsenal 1.33
Aston Villa 1.75
Millwall 1.65
Rochdale V Scunthorpe OVER 2.5 GOALS 2.25

If all win payout = 34.34pts

Crofty11
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Crofty11 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:36 pm

Saturdays are just a disaster for me, perhaps too much choice.

Anyway i have done a bigger priced Tble today.

Burnley to beat Bournemouth, even although i live in Bmouth i think they will struggle at Burnley given that teams decent home record and Bmouths poor away record.

Fleetwood to beat walsall..Fleetwood keep scoring and i am hoping they can do so again and hold firm in defence

Motherwell to beat Kilmarnock ..Killie got well beaten the other day and i am hoping that continues today

1 point Tble paying about 10/1

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:11 am

Cheers to those who joined me again, unfortunately looks like a weekend of frustration and near misses for us, Crofty I see your treble fell down with Motherwell 0-0 at home vs Kilmarnock, Weyeyman was let down by Millwall which was a surprise.

Personally speaking my attempt at mixing teams up from around Europe didn't really work with only 4 of the 7 in the super Heinz winning, I will get a few points return from the bet but not good enough and must do better, or at least hope for better.

As for the coming weekend then I'll let the dust settle down from all the midweek action first and then decide what my approach will be, probably will post up the next instalment of the blog on Thursday and post the selections here.

:win:

weyayeman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:21 am

Millwall losing on Saturday changed my weekend from a very profitable one to a break even weekend and to make matter worse the same happened to me when Liverpool once again threw a lead away and could not win their game.

There is plenty of football to work on midweek, hopefully I can build up a good betting bank for the weekend :-)

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:05 pm

Hello mate, great to catch up with you for a brief chat at Doncaster again, hopefully we'll both be at the OLBG gig at Doncaster in January so we can chat longer & share a few winners :wink:

I did say I was going to be back on probably Thursday night with this weekend's update & bets but I'm busy on Wednesday and working Thursday, plus it's Meydan & the darts starts so I've cracked on with sorting my bets and blog out, here is week 19 of my weekend football betting challenge blog :-

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412032

details of my bets & how the blog is doing within that, here is the basic bet for the weekend :-

Super Heinz & Accumulator :-

NAPOLI at 1/2 to beat Torino
NEWCASTLE at 8/13 to beat Burton
SCUNTHORPE at 11/8 to beat Millwall
DORTMUND at 8/13 to beat Hoffenheim
LEIPZIG at 8/11 to beat Hertha Berlin
SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY at 4/11 to beat Rotherham
Bolton at 4/5 to beat Chesterfield

fingers crossed for that lot, at this stage they all look fairly solid to me, hopefully they'll all get the job done this weekend and so I can celebrate boosting the profits again, the blog is still +65 pts after 18 weekends so I'll happily take that, just hoping to boost it a bit further with a bit of luck now & again!!! :wink:

all the best with your football bets this weekend

weyayeman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:38 am

A treble up last week with a return of 6.56pts to keep the bets in profit :-)

Summary of bets to date:

No of bets 17
total staked = 102pts
returns = 106.71pts
profit/loss = +4.71 points

total staked = 6pts

Leeds 2.3
Sheff Wed. 1.4
Sunderland 2.62
Doncaster 1.83

If all win payout = 55.70pts

I cannot see why Leeds are such a big price, I don't think I have overlooked anything
It is going to be difficult for me to shout on the Mackems today (I just hope no one hears me :) )
The above 4 were taken from my shortlist of 7 games, the other selections being: Cardiff, Middlesbrough Stoke

Carlos4
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Carlos4 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:50 am

Nice call on Leeds Weyayeman. Will be including them in a bet this weekend. My treble to avoid is...

Newcastle to beat Burton -1 on handicap @ 19/10. To be fair to Burton they've been keeping it tight lately but think the geordies will be way too strong.

Derby-Fulham both teams to score @ 4/6. This would be a great game to watch. Both teams playing well. Nearly tipped a Derby win @ 5/2.

Fleetwood to beat Swindon @ 8/5 Think this another (along with Leeds) who are overpriced.

Treble works out at just under 12.5/1. Good luck all, Carlos.

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:08 pm

A treble up last week with a return of 6.56pts to keep the bets in profit :-)

Summary of bets to date:

No of bets 17
total staked = 102pts
returns = 106.71pts
profit/loss = +4.71 points

total staked = 6pts

Leeds 2.3
Sheff Wed. 1.4
Sunderland 2.62
Doncaster 1.83

If all win payout = 55.70pts

I cannot see why Leeds are such a big price, I don't think I have overlooked anything
It is going to be difficult for me to shout on the Mackems today (I just hope no one hears me :) )
The above 4 were taken from my shortlist of 7 games, the other selections being: Cardiff, Middlesbrough Stoke

Amazing stuff mate, unless I've got it badly wrong I see that all 4 of your teams won & you've hit a lovely payout there, very well done mate :win:

Right then, before I get onto my Boxing Day Bonanza football bets, I just wanted to say a big thanks to everybody who has taken the time to post on here and put the effort in to get involved, it's much appreciated by me and I'm sure by those who follow the thread but don't actually contribute, hopefully more will do as the season goes along. :win:

I know this is the weekend football betting thread & my blog is based on weekend football betting but there is no football of interest to bet on either Saturday or Sunday so I'm going to get stuck into the Boxing Day fixture lists with my Boxing Day Bonanza :-

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412060

full details of how the blog is doing in terms of profit etc along with basic thoughts behind the selections, here are the bets that I've gone for on Boxing Day, I'm doing a double budget of 20 pts instead of 10pts as I'm going to way too busy with work the following weekend to get involved with blogs & on here :-

10p Super Heinz + £1 accumulator :-

ASTON VILLA at 8/13 to beat Burton
BRIGHTON at 4/7 to beat QPR
DERBY at 4/6 to beat Birmingham City
BOLTON at 1/2 to beat Shrewsbury
SHEFFILED UNITED at 2/5 to beat Oldham
MAN UNITED at 2/9 to beat Sunderland
MAN CITY at 1/3 to beat Hull City

5p Super Heinz + £1 acca on All Draws :-

Burnley v Middlesbrough Draw at 2/1
Leicester City vs Everton Draw at 9/4
Swansea vs West Ham Draw at 12/5
Southampton vs Tottenham Draw at 21/10
Ipswich vs Fulham Draw at 11/5
Preston vs Leeds Draw at 21/10
Reading vs Norwich City Draw at 11/5

They are the bets that I'm putting my faith & hopes in on Boxing Day, the first Super Heinz looks really solid to me, right now based on form, league tables, squads etc it's hard to see where those teams fail assuming they play to form, I think I've got every chance of hitting that bet.

The 2nd super Heinz made up of all draws is obviously a risky punt but I've looked at those games closely and for me they are just too tight to call with confidence in terms of either side winning, they've got the look of really competitive, tight matches where both teams will believe they can and will get something, the Draw looks the value call in those 7 matches, of course asking for all 7 to come up is asking for a big Christmas wish to come true but I think I've earned the right with the blog in healthy profit to have some fun and dream big, it might happen and it's worth risking.

All the best to you all this Christmas & fascinated to see what bets you go for on Boxing Day, I've got 2 more shifts at work over next few days then really looking forward to 5 days off, just chilling & drinking, that's why I've got the boxing day bets done now.

Merry Christmas & happy punting :win:

mazeymay
At Stud
Tips

Postby mazeymay » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:23 pm

I've picked out a five team acca for Boxing Day and will be using the free bet I received
courtesy of OLBG for last month
Chelsea to beat Bournemouth
Man Utd to beat Sunderland
Aston Villa to beat Burton
Newcastle to beat Sheffield W
Fleetwood to beat Bury

It pays just over 7/1 with SKYBET

Good luck all over the festive period