The Weekend Football Betting Challenge 2016/17 - join in!!!

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: The Weekend Football Betting Challenge 2016/17 - join in!!!

Postby titans choice » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:16 pm

Not sure if this will count as 2 picks are from the Belgium Juniper league and I can only find odds from on 888 sport for them but I fancy these 4 as first goal scorer in a Lucky 15 and they are
Zinho Gano 22/5 Waasland v Westerlo
Mamadou Sylla 6/1 Mouscron v Eupen
Bafetimbi Gomis 18/5 Marsielle v Montpellier
Dean Cox 10/1 Forfar v Cowdenbeath

Zinho Gano plays for Wassland Beveren and they play against Westerlo in this match who have conceded 32 goals in just 12 away games which is the worst away record in the league and Gano is the home teams leading goal scorer with just 6 goals in 21 games but he has managed to get 4 goals in his last 7 games and he should get chances to score in this game.

Mamadou Sylla plays for Eupen and they are playing against Mouscron who have conceded 22 goals in 11 home games and Sylla has scored 10 league goals in 23 league games and he scored in the last game and has scored 5 in his last 10 games.

Bafetimbi Gomis plays against Montpellier in this match and they have conceded 27 goals in 11 away games and Gomis is the teams leading goal scorer with 10 goals in 20 league games and he has scored 4 times in his last 7 games.

Dean Cox has scored 8 goals in 19 games in the league this season Cowdenbeath have conceded 20 goals in 10 away games and Dean Cox is in good form scoring in the last 2 games and he has scored in 4 of the last 5.The reason Cox is 10/1 is that Forfar has 3 or 4 players that are just as likely to score but at 10/1 I think it is worth a gamble considering the form he is in.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:44 pm

Marseille are very good at home defensively as they have played 10 home games in the league and they have only conceded 5 goals so it would be a shock if Montpellier got more then 1 goal in this away game.I am not sure if any other bookies does this but B.Gomis is 7/2 with SkyBet to outscore Montpellier and Montpellier have conceded 27 goals in 11 away league games.So I think Gomis will score at least 1 goal in this which might be enough to win as Marseille are capable of keeping a clean sheet in this game.And Montpellier allow at least 2 goals in away games on average so Gomis might be able to get 2 goals in this game which I would be confidant of winning the bet unless Marseille's defence has a bad day at home.

gracietyke
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby gracietyke » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:01 am

Wolves away to Liverpool @ 10/1 Hills
Southampton home to Arsenal @ 11/4 365
Blackpool away to Blackburn @7/2 365

weyayeman
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:42 am

Another blank week for last weeks bet

Summary of bets to date:

No of bets 24
total staked = 144pts
returns = 170.64pts
profit/loss = +26.64points

for this weeks bets I am going for:

4 * 1.25 trebles & 1pt 4fold
total staked = 6pts

Preston to win @ 1.95
Fleetwood to win @ 2.2
Hartlepool to WIN or DRAW 1.61
Reading v Cardiff OVER 2.5 goals 2.15

Pays 53.11 for all 4 correct

good luck all :win:

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:12 am

cheers again to those who joined in, remember there is also now the Prize based weekend football accumulator thread so post on there as well so you can try & win some cash.

I've updated my weekend football betting challenge blog & now upto week 25 already, unfortunately it's just dropped below the +100 pt profit mark to around +93 pts, wanted to stay above 100 pts but it's been tough, still got to be happy with +93 pts given the nature of this football season.

here is the link for this week's blog :-

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412273

all the details are on the blog, here are the bets from it :-

Super Heinz & accumulator :-

DONCASTER at 4/9 to beat Morecambe
BRADFORD at 4/7 to beat Gillingham
ROCHDALE 11/10 to beat Bristol Rovers
BRISTOL CITY at 4/7 to beat Rotherham
SHEFF UTD at 10/21 to beat Wimbledon
EVERTON at 8/11 to beat Bournemouth
LIVERPOOL at 2/5 to beat Hull

the straight acca pays 27/1+

All Draw Heinz & accumulator :-

Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa Draw at 11/5
Huddersfield vs Leeds Draw at 21/10
Brentford vs Brighton Draw at 21/10
Cardiff vs Norwich Draw at 9/4
Blackburn vs QPR Draw at 23/10
Birmingham City vs Fulham Draw at 12/5

acca on 6 draws 1120/1 :D :wink:

we'll see how we go with that lot this weekend, fingers crossed, really would be unreal to get the 6 draw Heinz & acca bet up, I've landed a few in the past and it's a great feeling when a bet like that comes in, would be timely as well as I need a new car :wink: :hope:

all the best & good luck to everybody who joins in on here & on the other prize based thread.
Loving it on OLBG, on twitter @tbuckleythinks :

Top 10 Football Tip markets

Football Tips Strategy to Win

Inquisitorem
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Inquisitorem » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:04 pm

Not too dissimilar to the accumulator challenge, tbuckley. Can I put up the same selections in a HT/FT Lucky 15 ?
If not, I will see what I can find in Scotland.

Cardiff City v Norwich City
HT/FT
Draw / Cardiff City @ 7.00

Astonished to see Bluebirds being offered at 15/8 or 2.87. I calculate Neil Warnock's team as having a 53% chance at the Cardiff City Stadium, and given that two of the Canaries' factored wins were helped by red cards, Bluebirds might actually have stronger possibilities. Cardiff were unfortunate to come away from Reading without a point last week, but they got back in the groove on Tuesday with a win against Preston. The bookmakers rate them as a 34% chance.

STATS Both teams look capable of scoring in this game, but Norwich might find it slightly more challenging. The Canaries only have a 36% chance of getting something out of this game. Cardiff are not only sporting favourable figures, but they are great value in the markets too.

Rochdale v Bristol Rovers
HT/FT
Draw / Rochdale @ 6.00

Rochdale are another team being offered at odds against, 23/20 or 2.15. There's a 68% chance 'The Dale' can grab all three points at the Spotland Stadium on Saturday. Yet they have been put up as a 46% chance. It promises to be eventful, with both teams capable of scoring and conceding. The reverse fixture ended up 2-2 back in September, to support the findings ( Rochdale leading 2-1 at half-time ).

STATS 2-1 looks to be the likeliest score. So a few might be interested in the result and both teams to score market. Bristol Rovers only have a 28% chance of getting something at Spotland Stadium.

Walsall v Northampton
HT/FT
Draw / Walsall @ 6.50

Got to fancy 'The Saddlers' at the Bescot Stadium against Northampton! The Cobblers won 2-0 at Sixfields, but that was off the back of a 31 match unbeaten run. They're well and truly back on their heels now though, and look shy of a blakey or two! Worn, they have been hit for five by MKD and Bristol Rovers on their travels recently. Walsall represent a 53% chance, but have been put up as a 43% chance, so a bit more value on offer. 13/10 or 2.30 with Bet Victor.

STATS The figures suggest there could be goals at both ends, but more than one likely to hit the back of the Northampton net.

Exeter City v Crewe Alexandra
HT/FT
Draw / Exeter City @ 4.75

The Grecians haven't been quite so convincing at home, but their superiority is such, that even at odds on, 8/11 or 1.72, they still represent value in this game. They are a 59% chance and taken to win at St James Park on Saturday against a 13% chance.

STATS This game has all the statistical hallmarks of a Win2Nil match.
Football research with serious intent, but not without a sense of humour. Share in my good fortune or, at the very least, have a laugh at my expense!

weyayeman
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:17 pm

No returns from last weeks bet

Summary of bets to date:

No of bets 25
total staked = 150pts
returns = 170.64pts
profit/loss = +20.64points

As usual my bets are taken from my competition entries(with reasoning) but, for this bet I have put Barnet down as a home win whereas in the competition I have them on the Asian Handicaps

total staked = 6pts

Bradford 1.61
Barnet 2.9
Chesterfield v Oldham OVER 2.5 GOALS 2.3
Shrewsbury v Bury OVER 2.5 GOALS 1.83

If all win, payout = 67.75pts

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:28 am

thanks again for joining in on here.

I'm having the weekend off this weekend in terms of writing my blog & not even betting on the football but I still want to see how my judgement works out so I've selected this acca to follow :

Derby
Aston Villa
Scunthorpe
Luton
Brighton

pays 12/1 with Ladbrokes

as always your thoughts are most welcome on here, also wanted to remind you that there is now a prize based thread available for you to join in with your weekend football acca's, here is the link for that :-

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62010&start=48

thanks again, good luck this weekend :win:
Loving it on OLBG, on twitter @tbuckleythinks :

Top 10 Football Tip markets

Football Tips Strategy to Win

Inquisitorem
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Inquisitorem » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:11 am

Researching 'Win2Nil' predictions at the moment...

LINCOLN v Woking @ 2.80

MANSFIELD v Hartlepool @ 3.00

OLDHAM v Coventry City @ 3.30

BRIGHTON v Burton Albion @ 2.30

ARSENAL v Hull City @ 2.15

DERBY COUNTY v Bristol City @ 3.10

Missed the boat on SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY, which was another qualifier. A few popped up last week and they all did the business. So curiosity piqued.
6 selections. I think that's a LUCKY63? Although I suspect, I might just be calling it a 63 by the end of play tomorrow.
STATS shared in my 'current tips'
Football research with serious intent, but not without a sense of humour. Share in my good fortune or, at the very least, have a laugh at my expense!

weyayeman
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:32 am

Summary of bets to date:

No of bets 26
total staked = 156pts
returns = 170.64pts
profit/loss = +14.64points

The profits are disappearing fast and I need another win in the next 3 weeks to stop the bets on this thread showing a loss.
I am using 3 of the selections from my selections on the accumulator challenge thread with the only difference being I have removed Arsenal and replaced them with Sunderland.
Also My selections are taken from my OLBG competition entries, only this time I have made an error in my write up for Leeds where I reference their opponents as Cardiff and Bristol City!!!(the Bristol City comment was intended for the Derby write up)

total staked = 6pts

Derby 1.9
Leeds 2.0
Stoke 2.15
Sunderland 3.9

If all win, payout =101.81pts

gracietyke
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby gracietyke » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:34 am

LEEDS 21/20
READING 10/11
WATFORD 14/1
PRESTON 11/8

weyayeman
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby weyayeman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:18 am

Another bet with no returns last week, I am surprised I have had so many bets this year without at least a treble up. I usually get a few weekends where 3 of the selections come in and this keeps the losses down or the profits up :-)

Summary of bets to date:

No of bets 27
total staked = 162pts
returns = 170.64pts
profit/loss = +8.64points

total staked = 6pts

Shrewsbury 2.8
Walsall 2.62
Exeter 1.9
Newcastle 1.6

If all win, payout = 75.40pts
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I picked out a few games where I think it is worth backing the team with a "Double Chance" bet, I usually don't make my selections until Saturday morning, so these would be too late for the accumulator thread so I have put them here just to see what I would have won :D

The accumulator odds for the selections below are 18.69/1
Birmingham 1.4
Preston 1.49
Barnsley 1.75
Bolton 1.7
Bury 1.53
Walsall 1.44
Shrewsbury 1.44