Scottish Football 2016/17 Season

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Scottish Football 2016/17 Season

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:51 am

Over the next two days Cowdenbeath take on Forfar, Livi play Raith, Stirling are at home to Alloa, Ayr are against Morton and Stranraer play Queens Park in the East/West Development Leagues. Over 2.5 goal in Al five games pays 1.85/1.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:54 am

Two goalfests last nigh but Ayr could only draw with Morton nil nil! No!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:22 am

Here’s a recap of how the predictions at the start of the season are getting on.

Hibs/Falkirk
Alloa/Stranraer
Clyde/Arbroath

I avoided the top league as I couldn’t see anyone other than Celtic winning.

Hibs are top of the Championship and have hit a bit of form just as Dundee United have slipped away. Eight points in front with fourteen games to go. Hibs are known for blowing it so beware!

Falkirk are a distant fourth. In theory, if they rallied a bit of form and Dundee United struggled they could catch them. But they’ve also got to worry about Morton who are three points behind United with a game in hand.

In League One Alloa are second but there’s only six points between them and eighth place Peterhead. This one is going to the wire. While my other pick Stranraer are bottom. Sorry!

In League Two Forfar are eight points ahead of one of my tips Arbroath who are ten points ahead of fourth placed Annan. While Arbroath might not be able to win the league, they should have enough in them to maintain their position.

Bets of the rest

St Johnstone – Top Six in SPL
Raith – Top Four in the Championship
Brechin – Top four in League One
Stirling – Top Four in League Two

St Johnstone are fifth in the top league just now, ten points ahead of sixth placed Motherwell and eleven ahead of the chasing pack. Celtic have won the league while it’s going to be close between Rangers and Aberdeen for second, St Johnston may well be competing with Hearts for fourth. As long as they finish in the top six!

In the Championship Raith are down to seventh. With the form of Morton and with Dundee United and Falkirk probably due an improvement, fourth seems out with their grasp just now.

Brechin are in fourth in League One, but as mentioned before it’s going to be tight. Their away form is better than their home form which they’ll need to improve.

Stirling have Dave Mackay in charge but they’ve lost their best player Dylan Bikey to Hearts. Nine points behind Annan seems a lot for them to catch.

Relegation

SPL – Hamilton
Championship – Dumbarton
League One – Livingston (!!!)
League Two – Montrose

Hamilton are second bottom, three points ahead of Inverness. Both of them are struggling with three wins each.

Dumbarton have hot a bit of form and found themselves eleven points ahead of bottom club St Mirren. It’s going to take a monumental collapse in form for Dumbarton to finish bottom.

Speaking of which…Livingston are elvene points clear of Alloa at the top of League One. There’s no way their going to swap places with Stranraer at the bottom of the league which is a shame as I have Stranraer down to win it!

League Two is still quite tight. Montrose have hit a bit of form at the right time and are an impressive fifth but that’s only eight points above bottom place Cowdenbeath. Still a lot to play for.

Top Scorer

SPL – Martyn Waghorn
Championship – Simon Murray
League One – Greg Spence
League Two – Ross Allum

Injury has restricted Rangers striker Martyn Waghorn from recapturing his form in last season Championship. Scott Sinlair of Celtic and Ross County’s Liam Boyce are the leagues current top scorers. Waghorn is currently behind veteran team mate Kenny Miller.

In the Championship the top scorer is Jason Cummings of Hibs and Queen of the South’s Stephen Dobbie on 12. Dundee United’s Simon Murray is currently lagging behind with seven. If he hits form so might United!

In League One my selection of Greig Spence is on eleven goals, five behind Liam Buchanan. He’s not going to finish top scorer but might have a chance of a place.

Which is more than I can expect from Edinburgh City’s Ross Allum. City have played well recently but Allum is way, way behind the leagues top scorer Shane Sutherland of Elgin.

Can’t win them all. Or can’t win most of them..!