Scottish Football 2016/17 Season

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:11 pm

Apologies, still not been able to do a regular update but hoping to change this!

In the meantime I have noticed something that may be of interest…

The Scottish Development Leagues plays host to under 20’s and youth football. There’s three leagues, with one main league featuring ‘big teams if you like, and an east and a west version featuring ‘smaller’ clubs.

In the main league there’s nothing that springs out as being interesting. But in the East (with seven teams) and West (with eight sides) leagues, something caught my eye…

In the East League, there’s been nine games played so far with eight of them featuring over 2.5 goals and seven both teams scoring.

In the West there’s been twelve games with ten of them featuring over 2.5 goals and eight of them featuring both teams scoring.

The odds are hardly going to be massive but could be worth keeping an eye on over 2.5 goals for both leagues and contemplating both teams to score.

Fixtures are few and far between as the leagues are so small but its Alloa v Stirling on Monday, Frofar v Cowdenbeath and Raith taking on Livingston on Tuesday in the East while in the West Clyde play Queen of the South on Sunday, Ayr take on Morton, Queens Park play Stranraer and Albion Rovers face Airdrie on Monday.

Food for thought!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:43 am

Last week I highlighted the Scottish Development Leagues and the fact that the East and West often produce over 2.5 goals. Here’s how the fixtures got on –

East

Alloa 3 Stirling Albion 2

Forfar 6 Cowdenbeath 0

Raith Rovers 2 Livingston 2

West

Morton 3 Ayr 0

Clyde 3 Queen of the South 5

Albion Rovers 4 Airdrie 0

Queens Park 2 Stranraar 1

So if you had taken the heads up and backed all of the games to finish with over 2.5 goals you’d be a winner! Or, if you’re like me you completely forgot! D’oh!

Next week the fixtures are as follows

East

Cowdenbeath v Alloa - Monday

Stirling Albion v Raith - Tuesday

Berwick v Forfar – Wednesday

West

Ayr v Albion Rovers - Monday

Morton v Clyde – Monday

Queen of the South v Queens Park – Tuesday

Airdrie v Stranraer – Wednesday

The tricky thing is that as the games aren’t the biggest out there you might not be able to back on a Monday the games on a Wednesday. It might only be on the day of the actual event.

I’m going to make the effort on Monday before the first games to come on here and see what I can find!

Cannaetip
Listed Class
Tips

Over 1.5 for certainties @ over 2.5 Goals?

Postby Cannaetip » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:46 am

I am paper trading over 1.5 goal doubles,trebles with some success so far

If you are convinced there will be goals in each match,probably over 2.5 then they look certain picks for my over 1.5 goals bets.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Over 1.5 for certainties @ over 2.5 Goals?

Postby LustForLeith » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:02 pm

If you are convinced there will be goals in each match,probably over 2.5 then they look certain picks for my over 1.5 goals bets.
...an at this point it will all go wrong!

I hop not. The odds for over 2.5 will hardly be great but if it's producing winners then it's a start!

I'll post on Monday with odds available at that time!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Over 1.5 for certainties @ over 2.5 Goals?

Postby LustForLeith » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:02 pm

...an at this point it will all go wrong!

I hop not. The odds for over 2.5 will hardly be great but if it's producing winners then it's a start!

I'll post on Monday with odds available at that time!

Cannaetip
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Cannaetip » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:41 pm

Agree odds are not great,hence doubles,trebles...etc

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Scottish Football 2016/17 Season

Postby LustForLeith » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:10 pm

Various of levels of success with the over 2.5 goals in the Scottish Development East and West games. When I started mentioning this all games finished with over 2.5 goals until last night when Alloa beat Forfar 2-0! Typical!

There's two games tonight, Raith v Berwick and Airdrie v Queen of the South. Bookies have grasped the fact that there are plenty of goals at this level and bet365 paying as a result 0.39/1 for the over 2.5 goals double.

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:21 am

Raith got beat 6-3 from Berwick and Airdrie lost 3-1!

Low odds but it's a crazy two leagues with crazy goals!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:20 am

In the Development Leagues tonight it's Cowdenbeath v Stirling, Albion v Queen of the South and Stranraer v Morton.

Over 2.5 goals in those three match pays 0.91/1 on bet365!

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:36 am

Good to read LFL, after your pre season scottish footy preview blog, https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=411439 would be good to get an update blog after say 12 games. It dosen't need to be huge just to give readers some decent season bets and or anything you have noticed. :win:

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:51 pm

Good to read LFL, after your pre season scottish footy preview blog, https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=411439 would be good to get an update blog after say 12 games. It dosen't need to be huge just to give readers some decent season bets and or anything you have noticed. :win:
Good shout mate, will knock something up this week!

LustForLeith
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby LustForLeith » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Here’s a recap of how the predictions at the start of the season are getting on.

Hibs/Falkirk
Alloa/Stranraer
Clyde/Arbroath

I avoided the top league as I couldn’t see anyone other than Celtic winning.

Hibs are top of the Championship but if the truth be told they’re making a bit of a meal of it. There’s a common theme, especially at home, where they take a lead and panic allowing teams to have a go at them. They had a recent dip in form but have turned a corner.

Dundee United are right behind them. My other tip of Falkirk had an impressive six game unbeaten run but after two straight defeats them find themselves in fifth.

In League One Alloa got off to a cracking start but have fallen away a bit recently. They still find themselves in third place but with a new manager in Jim Goodwin after Ross Jack left for St Mirren.

Stranraer have yet to build up any sort of form where they’ve lost five games from eleven. They’ll need to put together a pretty decent run to catch the teams above them as they’re already seven points behind third place.

Forfar won their first seven games in the league then stumbled, meaning their lead at the top has been cut. Elgin are right behind them with the first of my picks Clyde next and Arbroath behind them.

Arbroath have only lost one game which is the best record in the division. The problem is they’ve drawn six which is also the highest!

This league is all about momentum and you’ll often find it’s all about who can string together a series of success results will be there at the end of the season.

Bets of the rest

St Johnstone – Top Six in SPL
Raith – Top Four in the Championship
Brechin – Top four in League One
Stirling – Top Four in League Two

St Johnstone are fifth in the top league just now. Hearts and Aberdeen are on eighteen points with them. I’d expect those two to finish higher than the Saints but I also think St Johnstone should be better than the rest.

In the Championship Raith are more than holding their own and are currently in third. Realistically, I still think the top three are going to consist of Hibs, Dundee United and Falkirk but Raith have shown enough to have the ability to hopefully snatch fourth.

Brechin had a topsy turvey season last year. They started really badly before ending really strongly and my argument was that if they continued that form they’d be contenders.

Looks like they listened as they’re up to second in the league. Fingers crossed their can maintain their form.

Stuart MacLaren departed Stirling after his side got hammered at home to Elgin in September. There’s rumours that he could be replaced by former manager Allan Moore who did well with the club. Currently off the pace in seventh.

Relegation

SPL – Hamilton
Championship – Dumbarton
League One – Livingston (!!!)
League Two – Montrose

Five points separate twelve place and sixth in the top league so it’s going to be tight. Dundee won their first league game of the season against Hamilton and reduced the point difference to two. It’s going to be a long, hard season for many teams in the league!

In the Championship Dumbarton won their first game but haven’t won since then and find themselves second bottom of the league. Propping up the table are St Mirren but with new coach Ross Jack in charge the Paisley outfit will be hoping for a turnaround in their fortunes.

Dunfermline join them in the bottom three who are cut away from the rest of the table. I think Dunfermline should be good enough to stay in the league.

I know, I know…my hunch that Livi would follow the likes of Stirling, Clyde and Airdrie in dropping down consecutive leagues isn’t proving to be the case. Instead of being bottom they’re at the top!

I went for Montrose to finish bottom. Currently that space is being taken by Edinburgh City who’ve yet to win a game. Montrose are in eighth position and aren’t out of the woods just yet. City have yet to win a game in the league, if they can turn this around it could get interesting.

Top Scorer

SPL – Martyn Waghorn
Championship – Simon Murray
League One – Greg Spence
League Two – Ross Allum

Injury has restricted Rangers striker Martyn Waghorn from recapturing his form in last season Championship. He’s going to struggle to catch Celtic pair Scott Sinclair and Moussa Dembele with Ross County’s Liam Boyce just behind them.

In the Championship the top scorer is Jason Cummings of Hibs with eight goals but he’s currently relegated to the bench after a dip in form. My pick Simon Murray is on two goals. Plenty of time to make that up although his on loan team mate Tony Andreu is banging them in.

In League One my selection of Greig Spence is on seven goals, one behind the top scorer of Livingston’s Liam Buchanan. Hopefully Alloa will have an upturn in form inspired by Spence’s goals.

My calculated risk of picking Ross Allum as top scorer in League Two hasn’t quite worked so far. He’s only on one league gaol and trails league top scorer Shane Sutherland whose on seven.

Some good, some bad, some ugly..!