jammuss
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby jammuss » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:25 pm

1x2: Draw
Ht/FT: Westham/Draw
Over/Under: over
Correct score: 2-2

These 2 met twice last year with Westham not managing to beat Astra, they ended 2-2 and 2-1 to astra. I see a differant senario this season with the hammers getting a draw here and finishing them off at the olympic stadium, I see this game producing a few goals as both sides like to attack with the result ending in a 2-2 draw.

syjytg
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby syjytg » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:19 am

Steaua Bucharesti vs Manchester City

1x2: Steaua Bucharesti
HT/FT: Draw/Steaua Bucharesti
Over/Under: Under
Correct score: 1-0

Steaua Bucharesti has won 5 of their 9 games against England oppositions at the National Arena. Manchester City has been unconvincing in preseason and only won Sunderland by a fluke own goal. Joe Hart is also embarrassed after being dropped. Hence, I am taking Steaua Bucharesti to win this game. The last 3 UEFA Champions League games involving Manchester City went Under 2.5. Based on the above premises, my prediction is for Steaua Bucharesti to win 1-0.

owlman
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby owlman » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:42 am

Tuesday 16th August - Uefa Champions League
Steaua Bucharest v Man City 19:45 (BT Sport 2)

HT/FT: Draw/Draw
Over/Under: Under 2.5
Correct score: 1-1

After getting their premiership campaign underway with a 2-1 home win against Sunderland at the weekend, City travel to Rumania in the first leg of the champions league fixture in an attempt to progress to the group stages.

In Pep Guardiola they have a manager with proven pedigree in the competition and I see City progressing, however they will probably be content with a draw tonight and finalise their progression in the return leg.

Devilimp
At Stud
Tips

Postby Devilimp » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:24 am

Steaua Bucharest v Man City 19:45

1X2 Man City
HT/FT Draw/Man City
Overs/Unders Overs
Correct Score 1-2

Steaua are unbeaten in all competitions this season. They have won all three lge games and saw off Sparta Prague in the last round of the CL. They are no mugs, but they will not have faced a team as strong as City and whilst the PL side were far from convincing, when just beating Sunderland at the weekend, they have match winners in abundance and in Pep Guardiola, a coach of the highest order. I expect both sides to score, with City grabbing a late winner.

stretchpaul
At Stud
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:40 am

HT/FT: Draw/Draw
Over/Under: Under 2.5
Correct score: 1-1

On paper this looks like an easy away win for Man City but further inspection suggests a much closer game.Steaua are in top form,having won their opening 3 league games and sit top of the Romanian league too.They beat Sparta Prague in the last CL round who are regarded as a better side than themselves.In fact they have now gone 16 games with no loss and won 9 of their last 10 games.When you also consider that Steaua have lost only 1 of their last 8 CL games here and havent lost at home by more than 1 goal in almost a year,then you realise Man City have a tough match tonight.Pep's side looked not great in their opening league game.They won but clearly its going to take time for the new players and system to gel.Man City have a poor away record in Europe and frankly this could be a potential banana skin for them too.Steaua have a settled side and will fancy their chances for sure.

Delboy980
Legend
Tips

Postby Delboy980 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:33 am

Steaua Bucharest v Man City 19:45

1X2 DRAW
HT/FT DRAW/DRAW
UNDER/OVER UNDER
CORRECT SCORE 1-1

Steaua Bucharest have won 4 and drawn 1 of their last 5 matches played, they have won all 3 matches in the Romanian Liga 1 and sit 2nd with 9 points , and won their last round match 2-0 at home and draw 1-1 away against Sparta Praha in their last round match in this competition. Man City have won 2 drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 5 matches and won their opening game in the English Premiership 2-1 at home against Sunderland and sit 5th in the table. Man City won their last round math in this competition 1-0 at home and drew 0-0 away against Real Madrid. This is a very close match, and this is the first time these 2 teams have met. I am taking this 1st leg to end in a draw in this match tonight.

risto123
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby risto123 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:43 pm

1x2: Man City
HT/FT: Draw/Man City
Over/Under: Over 2.5
Correct score: 1:2

Hosts have not lost a competive game since april and their last home defeat in a competive match came back in november. Both times Steaua lost to Astra.
Steaua league season also started few weeks ago so they should be in better shape etc but they are now facing opponent who's stronger than all their league opponents combined.
Steaua are currently 16 games unbeaten and with every streak coming to an end sooner or later then i think City is going to win today,

RACHACE
At Stud
Tips

Postby RACHACE » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:36 pm

GAME 15, MONDAY 15TH AUGUST

Premier League
Chelsea v West Ham

1X2: Chelsea
HT/FT: Draw/Chelsea
Overs/Unders: Overs
Correct Score: 2-1

Chelsea won this London derby but they were made to work for it by West Ham as at the half time interval they went in at 0-0. The 2nd half saw Chelsea take the lead vis a Edin Hazard penalty in the 47th minute. West Ham equalised vis defender James Collins in the 77th minute but Chelsea struck the winner late in the game via Diego Costa in the 89th minute giving them the 3 points.

16 predictions and 10 members went for the Chelsea win. Very well done to Syjytg & Devilimp though who both managed to score maximums.

Devilimp - 50
Syjytg - 50
Zagreb - 25
Risto123 - 25
Bluemal - 25

Pint Size - 15
Schneedler25 - 15
Geobetting - 15

Rachace - 10
Owlman - 10
Taratibu - 5
Delboy - 5
Sportsprintuk - 0
Machacro - 0
Stretchpaul - 0
Nawoo - 0

LEADERBOARD

After the 15th fence it's Zagreb who's regained the lead. His lead is only 2 lengths to both Risto123 & Devilimp who are tied in 2nd place. Tied in 3rd place and right behind Risto123 & Devilimp are both Syjytg & Petethebet who has hit the last 2 fences.

Only half way through so still lots of time to mount a challenge.

Zagreb - 235
risto123 - 215
Devilimp - 215

Syjytg - 210
Petethebet - 210
Bluemal - 205
Owlman - 185
Taratibu - 180
Stretchpaul - 165
Schneedler25 - 160
Delboy - 150
Geobetting - 140
Sportsprintsuk - 130
Nawoo - 130
Jammuss - 115
Pint Size - 115
Machacro - 110
Rachace - 100
Ferdinandos - 90
Undertherobe - 50
Pumpdaball - 0
Bunglevtr3 - 0

Any mistakes please PM asap and I'll amend as quick as I can.

Next games:

Wednesday 17th August - Uefa Champions League
FC Porto v Roma 19:45 (BT Sport ESPN)

Thursday 18th August - Uefa Europa League
Astra Giurgiu v West Ham 19:15 (BT Sport 2)

PG21
Read my best bets for Man City v Brighton in the Premier League.
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413988

bluemal
Legend
Tips

Postby bluemal » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:42 pm

1x2:..........................Man City
HT/FT:......................Draw/Man City
Over/Under:..............Over 2.5
Correct score:...........1:2

Steaua Bucharest have been knocked out by Ludogorets and Partizan Belgrade in the past two seasons but strengthened in the summer and have netted in their last six home qualifiers , I would expect them to score tonight as Man City didn't look to clever in Saturday's game against Sunderland ,

There is also a question mark over City’s No,1 position with Willy Caballero handed the gloves who didn't look that good ahead of Joe Hart at the weekend. On top of that City have Vincent Kompany still out and new boys Ilkay Gundogan and Leroy Sane not fully fit., although Sane may be on the bench

I would expect City have a strong enough pool to at least get a draw here , it all depends on team selection will key players be rested like Silva and Aguero by Guardiola if they play I think a win for City
Glasgow Rangers 1873
World Record 54 League Titles. plus League 3 and 2 and Championship winners ,33 Scottish Cups, 27 League Cups. 1 Challenge Cup 1 ECWC in 1972.
119 Major Trophy's World Record
RANGERS TILL I DIE..SIMPLY THE BEST

RACHACE
At Stud
Tips

Postby RACHACE » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:49 pm

Man City
Man City/Man City
Overs
0-3

It was a weird game to make any judgements on City at the weekend. On one hand you could say that we totally dominated possession for very long periods and once Sunderland had scored we really tried to go forward looking for that winner which obviously came eventually with all 3 of our susbstitiutes in someway involved in the goal.

Or you could say that we were lucky and that for all the possession we didn't create much.

Personally I'm in the 1st descriptions camp and it was a performance that lead me to believe that we'll come good in a few months once we've got a few key players back and the squad have had time to adjust and get used to the possession based football that were going to play.

Tonight might be a good opportunity to create some chances and score some goals to go with that possession as the Romanians aren't the force they once were in the 80's.

City have far too many good players and for me we will probably make light work of this tonight.
Read my best bets for Man City v Brighton in the Premier League.
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413988

nawoo
Stallion
Tips

Postby nawoo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:25 pm

UEFA Champions League

Steaua Bucharest v Man City

1x2..........Draw
HT/FT......Draw / Draw
O/U..........Under
C S..........Steaua Bucharest 0 Man City 0

Trips to eastern Europe do not end well for most English sides and City made a nervous start to the new season needing an own goal to in at home against Sunderland. Steaua have made a good start to their season, by winning three games and though City might have better players, they can be frustrated by an organised home defence and I would expect Pep to settle for a draw away and finish the job at the Etihad.

schneedler25
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby schneedler25 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:58 pm

Steaua Bucharest v man city

Man city
Man city/man city
Under
0-2

City started their season with a win at the weekend so should have momentum coming into this one, they have the stronger squad by a huge margin and made the semi finals last season so are improving in Europe, guardiola knows the importance of this competition and has a good record in it as well so I can see city doing a professional job tonight and taking this one 2-0