Football One a Day competition - August (3 prizes)

Hazlewood86
Group 2 Class
Tips

Re: Football One a Day competition - August (3 prizes)

Postby Hazlewood86 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:27 pm

GAME 20 - MONDAY 20TH AUGUST
PREMIER LEAGUE
CRYSTAL PALACE V LIVERPOOL
KICK OFF 20:00, LIVE ON SKY SPORTS

1x2: Liverpool
HT/FT: Liverpool/Liverpool
Over/Under: Over
Correct Score: 0-3

Liverpool looked rather impressive in their 4-0 win over West Ham and in truth they could easily have scored more. Salah, Firmino and Mane are undoubtedly the best front three in the Premier League at the moment and Jurgen Klopp has identified Liverpool's main weaknesses and strengthened them with the additions of Allison, Keita, Fabinho and (in January) Van Dijk. They now have a squad and a way of playing that means they can mount a serious title challenge and I think they will want to be putting down a marker in their first away match. Palace had a good away win at Fulham last weekend and I think Hodgson will be able to keep them out of the relegation fight but I can't see them posing much of a threat to this new improved Liverpool team. I fancy Salah & co to run riot at Selhurst Park in a 3-0 victory for Liverpool.

Hazlewood86
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Hazlewood86 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:36 pm

GAME 21 - TUESDAY 21ST AUGUST
CHAMPIONSHIP
SWANSEA CITY V LEEDS UTD
KICK OFF 19:45, LIVE ONN SKY SPORTS

1x2: Draw
HT/FT: Draw/Draw
Over/Under: Under
Correct Score: 1-1

At the time of writing both teams have a 100% record this season. Swansea have impressed on their return to the Championship with decent wins over Preston and Sheff Utd. Leeds have been even more impressive under new manager Bielsa after beating much fancied Stoke and embarrassing Lampard's Derby 4-1 at Pride Park. Although Leeds have been free scoring Swansea have kept things tight in their two games so far so I think this will be a low scoring affair. Swansea have home advantage so I think they'll be able to use that to contain Leeds to a 1-1 draw.

risto123
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby risto123 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:29 pm

GAME 18 - SATURDAY 18TH AUGUST
PREMIER LEAGUE
CHELSEA V ARSENAL
KICK OFF 17:30, LIVE ON BT SPORT

1x2: Chelsea
HT/FT: Chelsea/Chelsea
Correct Score: 2-1

Chelsea hosts Arsenal in the league on saturday. Both sides started the league with completely different results as Chelsea won first leaguegame of the season to nil while Arsenal lost to nil. Chelsea is at home and there any result apart from win is unacceptable for them so i expect them to put even more misery on Arsenal who is obviously needing more time to actually understand what translators using Emery wants from them but i do see them scoring this time... Chelsea is winless in 6 h2h games so i expect them to finally end that miserable run vs Arsenal and win on saturday. Chelsea to win.

GAME 19 - SUNDAY 19TH AUGUST
LIGUE 1
NIMES V MARSEILLE
KICK OFF 20:00, LIVE ON BT SPORT

1x2: Marseille
HT/FT: Marseille/Marseille
Correct Score: 1-2

In their first ever homegame in Ligue 1 Nimes hopefully can rely on full house as they take on Marseille on sunday evening. Both sides won their first game of the season so they surely try to extend that winning streak. What's more curious is the fact that both teams did score 4 goals last weekend so it's intresting to see whether they can continue with this freescoring form. In this game however Nimes are probably parking the bus because it's probably their only chance to get something from this game but i still expect visitors to get well earned win eventually as they continue with perfect record. Marseille to win.

steenie1
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby steenie1 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:05 pm

MISSED GAME - SATURDAY 18TH AUGUST
PREMIER LEAGUE
CARDIFF CITY V NEWCASTLE UTD

1X2: NEWCASTLE UTD
HT/FT: DRAW/NEWCASTLE UTD
Over/Under: UNDER
Correct Score: 0-1

The reasoning: Both sides have started off their new Premiership season with losses. Newly promoted Cardiff lost 2-0 away to Bournemouth, while Newcastle lost 1-2 at home to Tottenham. Neither result was too surprising. The teams haven’t met since the 2016/2017 season in the Championship. Newcastle won both the home and away fixtures, and gained promotion that season, finishing 32 points ahead of Cardiff. As Newcastle managed to find the net last time, and have recent history on their side, I’ll take them for the win. But as they only managed to score 18 goals in their 19 away Premiership matches last season, a narrow win.
PREMIER LEAGUE
CHELSEA V ARSENAL

1X2:DRAW
HT/FT: DRAW/DRAW
Over/Under: UNDER
Correct Score: 1-1
The reasoning: Both teams started the new season pretty much as expected. Chelsea won 0-3 away at Huddersfield. Arsenal, now in the post-Wenger era, went down 0-2 at home to Man City, the reigning Premiership champions. Both of last season’s league meetings between the teams resulted in draws. It was 0-0 at Chelsea and 2-2 at Arsenal. Since those encounters, the teams also met in the EFL Cup. The score was 0-0 at Chelsea and 2-1 at Arsenal. The last meet-up was in the rather meaningless Champions Cup earlier this month. After a 1-1 draw, Arsenal won on penalties. On recent results, and with Chelsea at home, everything points to a low scoring draw.

nawoo
Stallion
Tips

Postby nawoo » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Championship

Birmingham v Swansea

1x2.........Swansea
HT/FT.....Draw / Swansea
O/U........Under
C S.........Birmingham 0 Swansea 1

Birmingham drew their opening match of the season at home 2-2 against Norwich who scored injury time to get a point and then lost away at Boro and followed up with an away defeat at Reading in Carabao Cup. Swansea kicked off with an away win at Bramall Lane before a home win over Preston ensured that they are only one of three sides to win both opening matches. The hosts seem to have continued with their struggling form from last season and might find it difficult against a confident Swansea side who won here during their last visit ion 2014 in FA Cup ad will be eager to continue with their perfect start to the season, though it should be diffcult but they should prevail in the end.

cooper88
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby cooper88 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:52 pm

GAME 17 - FRIDAY 17TH AUGUST
CHAMPIONSHIP
BIRMINGHAM CITY V SWANSEA CITY
KICK OFF 19:45, LIVE ON SKY SPORTS

1x2.........Draw
HT/FT.....Draw / Draw
O/U........Under
C S.........Birmingham 1 Swansea 1

Swansea will have an edge over Birmingham after the swans will not take part in the Capitol Cup ever since the first round. The hosts' journey to the match against Reding can not have a negative impact on the physical condition of the players, and another loss certainly removes the morale of the team.Swansea is on the other pole and shows a good game from the start of the season. Some of the players who took part in the Premier League Swans last season are still in the squad and Swansea will be in the fight to return to the elite of England. Birmingham has been struggling to survive in Championship for much of last season and does not seem ready to be among the top teams this season.Craig Gardner got a red card in the Birmingham match against Reding and missed the host match.For Swansea, Wilfred Bonnie is questionable and the new swan's recruits Declan John and Christopher Nordfeld are injured and will not take part in the match.

OlbgDeleted498351
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby OlbgDeleted498351 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:34 pm

KICK OFF 19:45

1X2 Swansea
HT/FT Draw/ Swansea
UNDER/OVER Over
CORRECT SCORE 2-3

Craig Gardner is suspended and David Davis is injured. Birmingham are unbeaten in six home matches. home gk Lee Camp at Sunderland last year, contributing to their eventual relegation.Cheikh Ndoye loaned back to former club Angers.swans first-choice keeper Kristoffer Nordfeldt is sidelined.Monk sacked after one win in 11 with Swansea 15th in the Premier, had given more than 11 years. inexperienced 20-year-old centre-half Joe Rodon alongside Mike van der Hoorn.

Hogsback
At Stud
Tips

Postby Hogsback » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:24 pm

PREMIER LEAGUE
CHELSEA V ARSENAL

HT/FT: Chelsea / Chelsea
Over/Under: Under 2.5
Correct Score: 2 ~ 0

This looks like a regulation win for Chelsea. Arsenal looked like they were still trying to find their feet under their new manager. The defence for the Gunners was shoddy. They have a bit of uncertainty over whether to have Cech or Leno in goal. Chelsea were more settled under Sarri and had a comfortable win at Huddersfield Town. Chelsea have the better players overall and have a much stronger midfield.

The Snail
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby The Snail » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:47 pm

Good luck tomorrow Steenie and Copycat! And well done Rachace, it's not an ideal position when the internet fails us, but I think this is probably the best solution, and I hope you both find some points!!

RACHACE
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby RACHACE » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:46 am

GAME 17 - FRIDAY 17TH AUGUST
CHAMPIONSHIP
KICK OFF 19:45, LIVE ON SKY SPORTS

DRAW
DRAW/DRAW
UNDERS
0-0

I think everyone connected with Swansea City will be very thankful that Birmingham City's inability to score goals ensured that they came away from St Andrews with a point. This was a game that was dominated by Garry Monks Birmingham City with 17 attempts at goal, 6 of which were on target whereas Swansea managed just 6 attempts with none on target. Goals win games though and there were none to speak of at St Andrews as the game finished 0-0.

A low scoring round overall but well done to both The Snail and Cooper88 as you both went for a low scoring draw and top scored with 25 points.

The Snail - 25
Cooper88 - 25
Rachace - 5
Stretchpaul - 5
Nawoo - 5
Hazelwood86 - 5
Steenie1 - 0
Delboy980 - 0
Risto123 - 0
bluemal - 0
copycat1 - 0

GAME 17 LEADERBOARD

After the 17th fence there was no change to the front 3 runners. Copycat1 is still 1.5 lengths ahead of bluemal in 2nd place. The Snail has closed the gap slightly and is in 3rd. Still plenty of fences to jump so it's still anybody's race at this moment.

***Please note that table needs to be updated on Saturday after Steenie1 and Copycat1 have to make a prediction on Cardiff City v Newcastle Utd due to them not being able to make a prediction on Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid on Wednesday due to the site being down.

copycat1 - 260
bluemal - 245
The Snail - 225
Stretchpaul - 200
Rachace - 190
Hazelwood86 - 180
Delboy980 - 150
Steenie1 - 140
risto123 - 130
nawoo - 130
CertiFam - 120
Hogsback - 95
cooper88 - 60
Micky32 - 50
inplayking - 5
Johnfiddler10 - 5

Next Games:

PREMIER LEAGUE
CHELSEA V ARSENAL

GAME 19 - SUNDAY 19TH AUGUST
LIGUE 1
NIMES V MARSEILLE
KICK OFF 20:00, LIVE ON BT SPORT

GAME 20 - MONDAY 20TH AUGUST
PREMIER LEAGUE
CRYSTAL PALACE V LIVERPOOL
KICK OFF 20:00, LIVE ON SKY SPORTS

GAME 21 - TUESDAY 21ST AUGUST
CHAMPIONSHIP
SWANSEA CITY V LEEDS UTD
KICK OFF 19:45, LIVE ONN SKY SPORTS

more to follow..............................

If for whatever reason you cannot make a prediction on the site please email me you prediction. simon_wright428@yahoo.co.uk
Read my best bets for Man City v Brighton in the Premier League.
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413988

RACHACE
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby RACHACE » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:59 am

PREMIER LEAGUE
CHELSEA V ARSENAL

CHELSEA
CHELSEA/CHELSEA
UNDERS
1-0

Chelsea kicked of their new season with an impressive 3-0 away win at Huddersfield Town last weekend. Their performance was really good and Chelsea are a side that as a City fan, I'll be keeping an eye on as I believe that they'll challenge this season. London derbies are tough to predict but having watched Arsenal last weekend against us I just cannot see them getting anything at Stamford Bridge tonight. We were under strength and didn't play particularly well in my opinion. It was an opportunity for Arsenal to get in and around us, make things really difficult, get the home crowd onside and they could have got something from the game. However, what we saw was a team lacking in aggression, desire and maybe even confidence as they try to get used to a new man in charge with different ideas on how to play to what they've been used to maybe. City didn't even have to get out of 2nd gear in order to get the 3 points!! Chelsea will be buzzing for their 1st home game under Sarri and I feel that this will be a difficult afternoon for Arsenal. London pride is on the menu though so it might spark a more spirited display from Arsenal and they may be able to keep the score respectable at least but either way, the home win seems highly likely here based on the showing of both teams last weekend.
Read my best bets for Man City v Brighton in the Premier League.
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413988

stretchpaul
At Stud
Tips

Postby stretchpaul » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:05 am

PREMIER LEAGUE
CHELSEA V ARSENAL

HT/FT: Chelsea / Chelsea
Over/Under: Under 2.5
Correct Score: 1~ 0

Chelsea after a drab pre season,opened up their new season with a thumping of Huddersfield.Arsenal will prove more of a difficulty though so a closer game expected.Arsenal did not play well at Man City and rarely created any kind of chances to score.Arsenal had a poor away record last season and lost 11 times.I think Chelsea have a better team and they should tactically outplay Arsenal.It should be tight though and I am going for a narrow home win.